Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

1986-92 corkscrew question

us Offline Enginears

1986-92 corkscrew question
on: April 02, 2023, 05:07:44 PM
I have a corkscrew that appears to have a line or seam along the path where the fluting is on other corkscrews. Were there ever corkscrews that were half fluted? I have looked at other knives from this date range and only ever seen this one, anyone have one like it?

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Re: 1986-92 corkscrew question
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 10:36:26 AM
Hi

I my experience you see all levels of fluting depth - From deep grooves to thin lines like yours

I had always assumed that the manufacturing process produced varied results ........ rather than actual differences in design/cut over time

Just my thoughts

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:49:05 PM
Both my sak and my grandfathers were the same knife, yet mine was smooth, yet his had that groove, I of course broke mine yet I had his installed on mine, so I can take a pic, it has a deep groove, mine was around 91, his would have been much earlier,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 06:29:01 PM
Here’s a pic,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $91.95
PayPal Fees: $4.93
Net Balance: $87.02
Below Goal: $212.98
Site Currency: USD
29%