Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What I wish Leatherman would do.

Offline Balldboy

What I wish Leatherman would do.
on: March 14, 2007, 03:15:22 AM
I love the Squirt E-4 with the wire stripper jaw and an actual small phillips head blade.
Being in the remodeling business, there's always a thermostat that needs to be tinkered with or a phone jack in the wrong place. Thanx to our Chinese brothers, lamps are now wired with...lamp cord, that nevers trips nicely with a utility knife.

It is now part of my bare minimum EDC gear teamed with a SAK OHT in a Kydex neck sheath, an Inova Micro light and a whistle.

I'm also a huge fan of the Juice KF4.
Only complaint:
I wish it had a scissor instead of the main blade even if it gained a bit of width.

Now comes the big wish.
Start with a KF4 but use a stripper jaw like the E-4 only hardier, add the above metioned scissor and tell me where to send the funds for two.

I see this being an instant hit for home repairs, hobbies, urban survivalist and those times when you need an accurate stripper and didn't bring your whole tool kit.

This could be marketed in a twin pocket pouch  with say...a Wave or a nice LED light or both.

I tend to carry the KF4 alot in my work pants, I'd carry it everyday if it was also a wire stripper with some umph.

Thanx for listening,
Pete

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What I wish Leatherman would do.
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:18:46 AM
That's a great idea, and I would certainly get one... but then I get almost all of them so that's no surprise!

Maybe with the soon to be success of teh Paladin and SOG models based on wire strippers we might see a similar model from Leatherman.

ANd, I think the Juice would be a perfect frame to build it on.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 04:15:36 AM
It's not exactly everything you were wishing for Pete, but Bear & Son makes a multitool with a wire-stripper head. It's a much, MUCH beefier tool than a Leatherman Squirt or a Juice.

But no scissors........

(the one pictured was made for and sold by Sears Craftsman)
Sears Craftsman 45201.JPG
* Sears Craftsman 45201.JPG (Filesize: 47.62 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline preddan

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:07:24 PM
Maybe this would be good.

Get "charged up" with the Kilowatt, the first working theme knife designed for the electrician, homeowner, contractor, or anyone who might need to strip wire in a pinch. Three separate systems address wire from fine multi strand all the way up to cable. There is a stripper bar for wire sizes of 12-24, an adjustable spring-loaded UPT/wire stripper in the back, and just in case, our patent pending hole stripper that uses the main blade. Schematic grips, hi voltage tower clip, insulator thumb stud, blade with receptacle engraving are signatures that make this a very unique liner lock knife. Without the Kilowatt, you just might end up in the dark!

Available July 2007
Pre Order Now!

$62.00
sog knife.jpg
* sog knife.jpg (Filesize: 29.24 KB)

Offline Balldboy

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 01:08:09 AM
That SOG Looks good and I guess it will find a home with me.
I'd still like the ability to bend the wire to attach it to screw in contacts.
Pete

us Offline Splat

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 03:15:52 AM
I hate those cheesy designs on the Kilowatt, etc., they've introduced. Ugh!! I wish they'd make the Core's pliers spring-loaded.
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD