Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Linder knives any good?

MMR · 11 · 2053

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Linder knives any good?
on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:10 AM
I was going through some old stuff in my old room at my parents house and found this. I have no memory of even owning this knife, so I guess it must have been one someone forgot here at some point.

Anyway here it is:

I have never heard of Linder knives before, I found their website on google and they look like they want to make quality knives.

I would say that this one feels a bit on the cheap side in terms of fit and finish and the blade was dull when I found it, and so I tried to sharpen it, i have to admit that it a bit of persuasion to get it to a somewhat sharp state where it was able to cut paper, also I don’t know the history of this knife or what kind of abuse it has seen, but there is a bit of play in the blade too.

Anyone have any experience with Linder knives? ...please share your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

de Offline Shuya

Re: Linder knives any good?
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:41:51 AM
Linder knifes are a german label made mostly in China as low cost/budget knifes.
Some knifes have decend knife steels, but lack quality and proper heat treatment as you may exspect from the price.
The fact that no steel is labeled on the blade leads to the assumption its made of some 420 Steel. Exspect the knife to be in the 10...15$ range.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:12 AM
Linder knifes are a german label made mostly in China as low cost/budget knifes.
Some knifes have decend knife steels, but lack quality and proper heat treatment as you may exspect from the price.
The fact that no steel is labeled on the blade leads to the assumption its made of some 420 Steel. Exspect the knife to be in the 10...15$ range.

I am not surprised, it doesn't feel like a quality knife either......definitely not to German standards thats for sure. 
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:34:20 AM
The more I look at this knife, the more i get the feeling of cheap / poor quality knife steel used, especially compared next to my Victorinox Hunter.

I really don't think this steel used on this Linder knife will hold an edge very well or for very long.....it feels "soft" when I try to sharpen it, and it doesn't really get proper sharp either.

My Victorinox I am able to get to the point where I can shave my arm hair with it, where as this Linder blade will "just" cut paper....and that is after spending twice as long trying to get it sharp as I spend on getting my Victorinox razor sharp.

I'd say that to me pretty much shows and tells the difference between a quality knife and a cheap knife
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

00 Offline kwakster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 12:33:13 PM
The Linder Super Edge series fixed blades are really very good quality knives, but the company also brings to market quite a lot of substandard stuff that is better avoided.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 03:56:21 PM
The Linder Super Edge series fixed blades are really very good quality knives, but the company also brings to market quite a lot of substandard stuff that is better avoided.

I'd say this one is pretty much just good for throwing n the bin.

I really don't think it will hold up to any real usage at all.

I might just end up giving it away to someone.

thanks for the replies anyway guys  :cheers:
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 05:59:23 PM
If i am not mistaken they used to make a great rigger/sailor fixed blade. It seemed a quality one and not cheap china stuff.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Antonio

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 08:07:46 PM
My only Linder is a keris blade dagger I bought many years ago. It seems to be a quality knife although it's daily use might be somewhat limited.
LinderDagger2016 001.jpg
* LinderDagger2016 001.jpg (Filesize: 54.44 KB)

Offline AriaTanner

• New User
Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 03:26:08 AM
Guys, those knives are amazing! I know it's been a long time since you shared them, but I had to say how I like them. Btw, I'm currently thinking of getting my son a knife or a gun so he can protect himself if he needs it. Any advice?

Offline KaedenHahn

• New User
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 03:05:57 PM
Hey there. I'm new on this forum, but I guess I can help you. Tbh, I'd be careful about getting your son a gun. It's a big responsibility and could be dangerous if not handled properly. Maybe start him off with a knife and some self-defense classes? Just my two cents. Oh, and if you're looking for a good place to shop, check out (my spam site) They've got some sick gear. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 03:14:37 PM by enki_ck »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 03:17:17 PM
Nice try you two :D

And goodbye :spam:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66