Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

leatherman core

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
leatherman core
on: July 21, 2007, 11:27:06 AM
hi guys
let me introduct myself
my names paul and i live in western australia
i work on a drill rig and my tools get hammered
im asking what you guys think of the leatherman core  :multi:
how will it hold up

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: leatherman core
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 02:26:43 PM
Welcome to Multitool.org buddy!  Good to see you over here.  Nice looking tractors you have there- what are they used for?

The Core, as with any multi from a reputable manufacturer should hold up to just about any application you may run into.  Many are more than capable of dealing with what would be considered "abuse" by the average manufacturer, but they hold up pretty well.

Any of the "heavy duty" tools like the Core, Surge, SwissTool etc should stand up to just about anything, unless you purposely try to break them or use them for seriously hardcore things that need specialized tools.  There is a reason why monkey wrenches have been around for so long!  However for regular equipment and mechanical maintenance, the Core (and virtually any other quality tool) should manage just fine.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 03:46:58 PM
Welcome Paul! Nice looking rigs you've got there. (Something tells me they don't come from the factory outfitted that way!)

For roughnecking work like you do, the Core would be a great choice. It is big and strong and industrial strength. It's also one of the only multitools that allow you to access the blades easily, even when your fingers are cold and numb, or greasy and slippery.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 06:10:15 PM
 Welcome aboard,and enjoy your stay!  I'd love to have those tractors to enter in the races at the county fair!
I can only echo what Def,and J-sews have said,the Core is one rugged heavy duty tool,one you can use in confidence,rest assured you'll get your money's worth.
I

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:33:04 PM
thanks guys here some more photos

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30