Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Charge TTI...in black?

Raukodur · 127 · 23330

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Leatherman Charge TTI...in black?
Reply #90 on: March 31, 2007, 02:53:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all.  In fact, that would probably be a better review than many of us could write because it would would be about that tool, not how it compares to other tools.  An unbiased, unjaded point of view.

If you are up for it, I know I'd love to read it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:28 PM
Well i'd be up for it, but I wouldnt really know how to go about it, I'd need some tips on what exactly I need to comment on, and ways in which I can test the tool without 'really testing it' if you know what I mean in that I wouldnt want to be coming anywhere near to the threshold of tool damage, for obvious reasons  :)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #92 on: March 31, 2007, 03:06:03 PM
Hmm looking at those pics, am I correct in thinking it doesnt come with any sort of sheath, nor any extra bits? Thats something I overlooked, but maybe itd be better to buy those in the states, even buying over Ebay i am thinking will be more expensive. I had kind of assumed they would be included in the $129.99 price tag, they don't really say on the cabela's website although they do include a misleading picture of a sheath with a TTI in it  :-\

Lots of goodies included, but they are on the backside of the clam pack where you cannot see them in the picture. Looks like a fancy camoflage-colored sheath, capable of either vertical or horizontal carry. Also a set of flat hex bits in a bit kit carrier. And a detachable lanyard ring and a detachable belt clip, both with black oxide finish.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #93 on: March 31, 2007, 03:08:12 PM
I don't believe in torture testing tools.  My theory is that most folks are buying a tool to use it, and identifying the strong points and weak points is what gives the potential buyer a good idea of whether that's the right tool for them.

For example, you were going back and forth over whether to spend extra for the "paint job."  With little other information, you decided to go for it since you liked it.  Now imagine if you'd read a review where someone said that the camo design was painted on with watercolors and rubbed off on your hand, you probably wouldn't have bought it, right?  At least, not paid extra for a design that wouldn't last.  On the other hand, if someone has used and carried it every day for several years and it turns out that the design is hard anodized on (I know that's not possible, just tossing examples!) and is virtually indestructable, then you'd feel better spending the extra money.

The long and the short is that most folks want to buy a good tool, and one that will fit their day to ay needs.  A review is just what you thought of it in your daily life and daily use.  If it's uncomfortable, that's what we want to know... if it fits nicely on your belt and isn't noticeable to most folks, that's what we want to know!  If I told you what to say about it, then it wouldn't be "your review" now would it? :P

But watch out- it seems Bob has already opened and played with it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: March 31, 2007, 03:11:55 PM
Hehe, ok, I guess once I recieve it and start using it i'll make notes of things i like and dislike, and eventually compile everything as a review.

Also, great news about the extras with the tool, I was getting kind of worried that it might not even come with a sheath!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #95 on: March 31, 2007, 03:15:47 PM
But watch out- it seems Bob has already opened and played with it!

Def

The temptation has indeed been ferocious, but so far it is still sealed in the clam pack.

I had better ship it out to raukodur soon though, as I have been known to have weak moments occasionally.... >:D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline damota

Reply #96 on: March 31, 2007, 03:48:37 PM
of course  :grin: lots and lots and lots with my konica minolta dimage z5. It is a shame I wont be able to review it since i dont have anywhere near enough knowledge about multitools, nor own many others at all.

Its how it is and feels in your opinion we want to hear. You know what you expected, does it come up to your expectations, does it do what you wanted it to? That's all we need for a review, no knowledge needed, just your experience with it.  ;)
Just go for it.

Dave

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #97 on: April 03, 2007, 01:20:28 AM
For raukodur's sake, we all need to gather 'round and say a little prayer to the Shipping Gods. (perhaps a small sacrifice would be in order?) His camo TTi is in their hands now, or more specifically, the USPS Global Express service's hands.

The gal at the counter said it will arrive in 4 to 6 days. Let us know when you get it raukodur!   

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: April 03, 2007, 01:38:41 AM
Thank you very much for all your help Bob, I will definately put up some photos as soon as I get the TTI (hopefully very soon without having to pay any more).

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #99 on: April 03, 2007, 03:37:22 AM
Thargor and me are curious about that $400 SureFire seen at Cabelas. I moved the post over to the Flashlight Forum here: 

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1042.0.html

~Bob

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: April 05, 2007, 08:10:44 AM
Unfortunately I may not get the TTI by tuesday at the earliest due to easter weekend, day 4 (of the 4-6 day shipping) lies on good friday, day 5 on saturday, and day 6 on easter monday. Dang. Ah well, really hope its worth the wait, hearing all these stories of LMs that seemed to have slipped past LMs QC make me worried!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:49:12 PM by raukodur »

Offline Thargor

Reply #101 on: April 05, 2007, 03:47:14 PM
Ah dammit, I forgot about Easter, I probably wont get my Swisstool and Charge TTI until next Tuesday now :-[

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: April 05, 2007, 03:52:43 PM
Thanks for reminding me about Monday holiday.  I'd better get these bills in the mail.

Tom

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: April 05, 2007, 09:32:17 PM
hmm was just checking the royal mail website, and it seems like only friday and monday are holidays, so maybe the post will arrive on saturday, hope my TTI is in it.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #104 on: April 06, 2007, 04:34:33 AM
I hate it when the mailbox is empty.  :(

* cb.JPG (Filesize: 12.73 KB)

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: April 07, 2007, 04:45:25 PM
so do I  :(

Seems Im going to have to wait until tuesday, hope its in the post then. Was really hoping it would arrive today, bummer.

Offline Thargor

Reply #106 on: April 07, 2007, 04:53:20 PM
Irish Post let me down aswell, never has a long weekend seemed so long :angry:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #107 on: April 07, 2007, 09:54:56 PM
You've all heard that rubbish about "Patience is a Virtue" and "All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" haven't you? Whoever it was that said that obviously did NOT have new multitools coming in the mail!!   :-\

Offline Thargor

Reply #108 on: April 07, 2007, 10:54:41 PM
We should make some kind of big general multitool celebration thread next Tuesday because the waiting has ruined the first half of my holidays to be honest.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: April 10, 2007, 12:23:04 PM
smurf POST where the  :angry: is my  :multi: :twak:

Was really expecting it today, so dissappointed when the postman delivered his usual crap and left.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #110 on: April 10, 2007, 01:17:49 PM
Oh bummer.  :(

I'm hoping there is no cause for concern....

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #111 on: April 10, 2007, 01:32:56 PM
Thats one of the reasons for the frustration, if I knew it was simply a matter o it arriving tomorrow rather than today, it would just be a matter of patience, but every day it doesnt arrive makes me worry whether its gotten lost or any other problem has cropped up. God willing itll arrive tomorrow, but there isnt much more than can be done apart from waiting.

Offline damota

Reply #112 on: April 10, 2007, 04:21:03 PM
I do not think you need worry. You can not expect the Royal Mail to deliver anything as heavy as a multi-tool after a holiday as well as all the ruddy junk mail that has built up with them being off?
Give them a couple of days to rid of the back log of the important crap (that's were they get their money these days) then they will get back to normal peoples post.

Dave

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #113 on: April 10, 2007, 06:54:06 PM
Yeah I sincerely hope thats the case. Just be a big relief when it finally arrives.

Thargor, were you lucky enough to get your tools today? judging by lack of posts on your part I'm guessing yes, you must be busy playing with them...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:50:18 PM by Raukodur »

Offline Thargor

Reply #114 on: April 10, 2007, 08:22:32 PM
Yep :D

Well I got the TTI, the Swisstool didn't arrive yet, hopefully tomorrow, I had a load of things to do today so I didnt really get a chance to try it out but it really is a beautiful piece of equipment, cant wait to get home and test it out properly, 3 more hours :D

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #115 on: April 11, 2007, 02:22:12 PM
THANK GOD! Arrived today morning, thank you very much Bob (J-Sews) for all your help, we can sort out how I can pay you for the postage of this thing now. I will post some pictures of it this afternoon or evening hopefully, and start writing up some first impressions. Looks stunning. Lets see if it performs as well, or is as well built!

Edit: have posted a first impressions review and photos in the review board.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:52:14 PM by Raukodur »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #116 on: April 12, 2007, 03:43:44 AM
Whew!! Thank goodness it finally arrived! I was starting to get a bit nervous......you would think a package could get halfway around the world in less than a week these days. (Including the holiday weekend, transfer between the postal network of two different countries, not to mention customs, etc.)

Hehe, just being a bit sarcastic there...guess I was never really known for my patience.  :D

~Bob

Offline ClayMan

• New User
Reply #117 on: May 07, 2007, 03:37:00 PM
Hi guys.
first post here and i want to buy the Seclusion 3D® TTi and I want to know if its blade ant titamium handles are the same as the original TTi?

Thanks.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #118 on: May 07, 2007, 03:49:35 PM
I think that for the most part the design is identical to the original Charge series.

Welcome to Multitool.org!

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #119 on: May 07, 2007, 06:02:29 PM
Hi guys.
first post here and i want to buy the Seclusion 3D® TTi and I want to know if its blade ant titamium handles are the same as the original TTi?

Thanks.

Howdy ClayMan!

The titanium handle scales on the TTi are identical to those of the original Charge Ti and XTi. However, those original Charges had a premium CM154 knife blade, while the new TTi gets an even premiumer* S30V blade.

* although the premiumness of these exotic steel blades has been the subject of some debate elsewhere in the forums!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%