Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

April Rebar and Friends Challenge

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
Reply #30 on: April 01, 2024, 03:48:50 AM
Excited for the unboxing, Harley!

Yeah so about that…

Much like BP it was a typical Harley family Easter Day. Food, adult beverages and family fun.

While recovering for to much food and just enough adult beverages I thought it would be a good time to unbox the MT and get ready for the challenge.

Seeing as it will just be a few of us I decided to carry the Super Tool 300 and grab the Core badge.

Opened up the box and showed it to my wife who was sitting next to me.

Wife was like “Don’t you already have like four of them?”

I reply “You see uninformed wife this may look like a Rebar but it is actually the slightly larger Super Tool 300”.

“You sure?”

“Of course I am, why would I buy another Rebar silly woman”

:facepalm:

So anyway ordered the correct tool from the jungle website and it should be here tomorrow.

Wonder if she really believes I only have four Rebars?

Anyhow excited for this month’s festivities.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: April 01, 2024, 02:19:37 PM
My wife and I have a bit:

Me- Good news!
Her- What?
Me- I lost a knife on ebay!

The only LM I have doubles of right now is the ST300, because (I think) the shady seller I bought from sent me two by mistake.

Debating picking up a knifeless this month. Normally, I don't love knifeless tools that still have saws (no where that won't let you have a knife is going to let you have a saw!) but I often carry a folder with the Rebar, so that'd add scissors. Besides the ones on my keychain. But you can always use more scissors...

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: April 01, 2024, 05:41:59 PM
I'm not participating in this challenge, but I'll be watching  :tu:  You also motivated me to start a small project that I have been putting off for a long time... I picked up 2 new Rebars at the Exchange for $50 each, and I want to do some Silver and Black tool swaps.

This is the before pic:

us Offline tylermumford

Reply #33 on: April 01, 2024, 05:46:57 PM
This is great timing for me -- I've recently started carrying my Rebar more because I realized I actually like having pliers. :D

1. BPRoberts
2. Harley
3. Tylermumford
Swaying back and forth between contented minimalism and an obsession with multitools. Looking forward to getting a GOAT tool and a Roxon Flex.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: April 01, 2024, 06:40:05 PM
Happy to have some more faces along!

Day 1

I pulled this molding the other day, but I just left it to the side when I stopped to go work on something else. Decided trying to step around it was asking for a tetanus booster, so I cut it down with the saw on the Rebar for storage and disposal. Worked pretty well.

sawcut.jpg
* sawcut.jpg (Filesize: 16.3 KB)

Compared to the Vic 91mm saw, I think it takes a little more to get going, but takes bigger bites once its in.

sawcomp.jpg
* sawcomp.jpg (Filesize: 111.87 KB)

Also, since they were there, I decided to give the wirecutters the ol' Tim challenge. I believe this is thinner than the nails he used in the demo, it took a bit of doing, and the blades starting to acquire some character, but they got the job done.

nail.jpg
* nail.jpg (Filesize: 134.43 KB)

* sawcomp.jpg (Filesize: 111.87 KB)

us Offline cody6268

Reply #35 on: April 01, 2024, 06:40:42 PM
Can I join today? I know it's a little late, but the Rebar is, pretty much, always in my pocket anyway.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #36 on: April 01, 2024, 06:42:18 PM
Day 01
Due to other challenges it has been a while since I've carried an EDC fixed blade and it has been years since I've carried my Rebar, because I've never liked it.  So, today I'm carrying this combo with the multitool sheath sewn on to the fixed blade sheath and here's hoping me and the Rebar can come to some kind of understanding over the next 30 days.

* Rebar '24 01.jpg (Filesize: 147.86 KB)

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #37 on: April 01, 2024, 06:51:10 PM
 Day 1

:woohoo:

The Rebar challenge is here!!!!!!! (and I need to change my desk blotter)

Craig

* Screenshot_20240401_124831_Gallery.jpg (Filesize: 103.06 KB)
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick, Juice XE6

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: April 01, 2024, 06:54:14 PM
Can I join today? I know it's a little late, but the Rebar is, pretty much, always in my pocket anyway.

Of course!

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #39 on: April 01, 2024, 06:55:59 PM
Day 01
 here's hoping me and the Rebar can come to some kind of understanding over the next 30 days.

:rofl:

I know mine frustrates me to no end when I try to put tools away and they're LOCKED. After carrying a PST for so long I still forget that extra step.

Craig
PST edc 1998-Present
PST, Crunch, Surge, Wave, Rebar, Original ST, Style PS, ST300, Free T2, Curl, Mini Tool, Kick, Juice XE6

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #40 on: April 01, 2024, 06:57:51 PM
Just in case,
A Day 1 picture (previously shared) of my 3 amigos

IMG_1876.jpg
* IMG_1876.jpg (Filesize: 147.38 KB)
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline cody6268

Reply #41 on: April 01, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Of course!

Thanks!

1. BPRoberts
2. Harley
3. Tylermumford
4. cody6268

us Offline cody6268

Reply #42 on: April 01, 2024, 10:22:13 PM
Day 1;

Been wanting to try a folding saw that could take reciprocating saw blades (though I really wanted a smaller one that could take jigsaw blades--however, I'll get that once my weirdly loose Surge is back from warranty--and I specifically requested to have the blade exchanger replaced with the newer one that holds thinner blades tight).

Found this Stanley at Tractor Supply, and used the Phillips to adjust the holding screw to test a few different blades.

I will have to either modify these Bosch blades, or try some other brand. They don't seem to want to fit in the receptacle probably.

Opened a package.

Been getting more and more focused on Western and first responder figures (which are nowhere near as easy to find as superheroes, GI Joe, and Power Rangers).  Not counting the Marx "toy soldiers" based on Dale Evans' Annie Oakley, only two have been made--by Excel Products in the '70s (pricey--over $100 new in box), and Accoutrements.  The Accoutrements ones aren't worth much, and still go for under $20 new on card. Because I really didn't want to open up a twenty-year old figure, I bought a cheap $5 one secondhand.   She doesn't appear to have any play wear, so I am sure the loose joints are factory. But, she does have double-jointed elbows (something usually not seen in Accoutrements/Archie McPhee figures--which were usually sold as novelty items and souvenirs)  The Winchester Repeating Rifle is missing, but I've got a Colt Single Action Army that should work well.   Been going over historical photos of Annie Oakley to see what's correct.

Been hoping Dime Novel Legends would eventually tackle Annie Oakley, Belle Starr, and Calamity Jane (all three done by Excel in the '70s); but it's unlikely. Seems that A: they have little interest in doing historical Western figures; and what figures they have done of real people have little to do with Western history--other than a few that have appeared in newer Western-set films.  Besides, the owner seems very averse to doing any female figures.

Also used the pliers at Food City in order to fix a mangled shopping cart.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 10:27:25 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #43 on: April 02, 2024, 03:11:59 AM
Day 1

Nailed the perfectly correct tool on my first try.

Still a beefy boi but has that new tool shine and is VERY stiff. No matter it will break in.

Planned to use the included molle sheath till my little surprise arrives but the molle sheath is a hot mess. Way too big and doesn’t attach to a regular belt well at all.

So much like everything so far with this challenge it’s on to plan B.

Skinth of course. Luckily I have umm well all of them for the most part.

Here it is with the ST 300 and a bit adapter card ready for work in the morning.

us Offline tylermumford

Reply #44 on: April 02, 2024, 03:59:14 AM
Day 1

I work in my home office, so my multitools only see sporadic use, but they do see use! Today was mostly about cutting tasks. I need to touch up my Rebar's blade, but it's still one of my sharpest. I like how thin and slice-y it is. And the serrated blade proved useful today for cutting the thick plastic of a laundry detergent jug.

I also was very happy to have the excellent Phillips screwdriver for adjusting a folding door in its track.

* IMG_5230.jpg (Filesize: 198.07 KB)

* IMG_5240.jpg (Filesize: 138.8 KB)
Swaying back and forth between contented minimalism and an obsession with multitools. Looking forward to getting a GOAT tool and a Roxon Flex.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: April 02, 2024, 06:12:39 PM
 :like:

I love the Rebar's serrated sheepsfoot ♥

us Offline Craig_S

Reply #46 on: April 02, 2024, 09:02:50 PM
Day 2

Chopped my lettuce at lunch today with the Rebar.

Craig

* 20240402_125413.jpg (Filesize: 291.76 KB)
PST edc 1998-Present

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: April 02, 2024, 10:04:37 PM
I swapped the plier heads while I was in meetings (my camera was off).  Every time I do a mod with Leatherman plier heads, I swear it will be my last... putting those things on is a "B word".  :rofl:

us Offline tylermumford

Reply #48 on: April 02, 2024, 10:45:24 PM
I swapped the plier heads while I was in meetings (my camera was off).  Every time I do a mod with Leatherman plier heads, I swear it will be my last... putting those things on is a "B word".  :rofl:

Thanks for sharing the photo; the result is cool!  :like:

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: April 02, 2024, 11:21:44 PM
Thanks for sharing the photo; the result is cool!  :like:

Thanks  :hatsoff:  They will look better after I swap the rest of the tools.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #50 on: April 03, 2024, 01:42:09 AM
Day 02
Serrated blade used to cut a cigar.

* Rebar '24 02.jpg (Filesize: 96.04 KB)

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: April 03, 2024, 01:44:32 AM
Day 2

I'll spare you all endless days of opening up boxes as part of the move. Today, I carried this Opinel No 6 with the Rebar. I like a basic folder when I carry a PBMT, and the 6 is one of my faves. I cheated on the last couple days of the Opi challenge by pocketing the Rebar, so this is only fair. Considering hunting down a Knifeless Rebar since I usually have a knife in my pocket anyway.

* opi.jpg (Filesize: 221.64 KB)

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #52 on: April 03, 2024, 02:03:17 AM
Day 2

So spent the day bringing dirt from a job site to the landfill. Of course being Michigan the weather was bad. All day rain. Do more off road driving in my semi truck then when I was in the Army it feels like.

Fat Man got some work in today bending the hooks on bungee cords that are used to hold turnbuckles out of the way when not in use.

Seen here taking a break on the steps of the truck.

us Offline tylermumford

Reply #53 on: April 03, 2024, 03:43:50 AM
Nice to see all the Rebars and STs getting love. Such a good toolset.

Today, mine was used for light cutting and a bit of food scraping (with the backside of the can opener). Not much.

* ISIMG-1081258.jpg (Filesize: 449.66 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: April 03, 2024, 04:55:26 AM
This challenge is doing great  :woohoo: :like: :like:

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #55 on: April 03, 2024, 01:57:38 PM
Impressive!
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #56 on: April 03, 2024, 02:55:51 PM
 :like:
Hey, would the Signal qualify? It has the same plier head as the Rebar. :think:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #57 on: April 04, 2024, 12:49:07 AM
Day 2, not much use.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #58 on: April 04, 2024, 01:03:52 AM
Day 3:

NPD (new phone day).

Due to a lot of stuff I really don't want to discuss, I decided to go back to a rugged flip phone, and I chose the latest model of the phone my folks had for many years (DuraXE), the Kyocera DuraXA Equip, the unlocked version of a model sold typically with Verizon; as A: they DON'T break and B: made in Japan. Only problem was the price ($300 compared to $100 for the DuraXE and the Samsung Rugby 4 I had at the time), so I'm broke this month.

Used the Rebar's blade to go through packaging.

Test photo.

For about the first three years of my membership here, I used flip phones, and off and on in the years since. Had to retire mine due to most being 2G/3G only, or not supporting the right bands due to carrier switches (AT*T and MVNOs on their network, to t-Mobile today); and I kind of forgot how to take a good photo with a flip.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:27:46 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #59 on: April 04, 2024, 02:25:19 AM
Day 3:

NPD (new phone day).

Due to a lot of stuff I really don't want to discuss, I decided to go back to a rugged flip phone, and I chose the latest model of the phone my folks had for many years (DuraXE), the Kyocera DuraXA Equip, the unlocked version of a model sold typically with Verizon; as A: they DON'T break and B: made in Japan. Only problem was the price ($300 compared to $100 for the DuraXE and the Samsung Rugby 4 I had at the time), so I'm broke this month.

Used the Rebar's blade to go through packaging.

(Image removed from quote.)

Test photo.

For about the first three years of my membership here, I used flip phones, and off and on in the years since. Had to retire mine due to most being 2G/3G only, or not supporting the right bands due to carrier switches (AT*T and MVNOs on their network, to t-Mobile today); and I kind of forgot how to take a good photo with a flip.

(Image removed from quote.)

You savage.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32