Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

The pen and pencil thread 16688

Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,159 Ditchfinder General
Re: The pen and pencil thread
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2018, 02:42:13 PM »
Nice.  :like:

Do the flats on the lid line up with those on the body when it’s closed?
No Life Club Posts: 4,109 Smurf it!
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »
Oops I found where I got it from and it's Taiwanese not Japanese

https://store.wallpaper.c...QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor
No Life Club Posts: 4,109 Smurf it!
The pen and pencil thread
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2018, 03:46:57 PM »
Nice.  :like:

Do the flats on the lid line up with those on the body when it’s closed?

Yes they do,

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,555 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
I need recommendations for my second fountain pen!  :D :pok:

Two requirements:
Under 30 Euros(still figuring out what I like) and needs to have an extra fine nib available(or fine, if the manufacturer is Japanese, like Pilot).
Short length is nice by the way.  :drool:

Heres what I looked at:

Kaweco Liliput with EF nib: Love the size, but too expensive for now.

Kaweco Classic Sport with EF nib: Seems like a good choice, but on the fence about the cap shape.

Pilot Metropolitan with Fine nib: Makes the thinnest line of anything I looked at.  :o
Brass body is cool, nevermind the lack of shortness.

Pilot 78g: Same nibs as metropolitan, and effectively a cheaper plastic metropolitan, so don't see the point of it.  :shrug:

Parker Jotter: Does not seem to have an EF nib option.

So thats about it. Can you help me choose from the list, and/or suggest other pens?  :pok: 
:popcorn:

Look at Rotring Art Pen collection. You can get several nibs for the pen.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Sr. Member Posts: 392 Hello people! My name is Vinícius :D
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2018, 05:24:28 AM »
I usually carry a Staedtler Mars Micro mechanical pencil in my pocket. I find it to be more practical than a pen, even though it can't be used to sign any documents, but I don't usually sign any documents anyway, so.

I like french fries.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,126 Hidalgo, Castillo del Hook
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »
I need recommendations for my second fountain pen!  :D :pok:

Two requirements:
Under 30 Euros(still figuring out what I like) and needs to have an extra fine nib available(or fine, if the manufacturer is Japanese, like Pilot).
Short length is nice by the way.  :drool:

Heres what I looked at:

Kaweco Liliput with EF nib: Love the size, but too expensive for now.

Kaweco Classic Sport with EF nib: Seems like a good choice, but on the fence about the cap shape.

Pilot Metropolitan with Fine nib: Makes the thinnest line of anything I looked at.  :o
Brass body is cool, nevermind the lack of shortness.

Pilot 78g: Same nibs as metropolitan, and effectively a cheaper plastic metropolitan, so don't see the point of it.  :shrug:

Parker Jotter: Does not seem to have an EF nib option.

So thats about it. Can you help me choose from the list, and/or suggest other pens?  :pok: 
:popcorn:

Look at Rotring Art Pen collection. You can get several nibs for the pen.

(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks for the pointer. :tu:

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Small knives can do what big knives do, just slower.

My 30 day pen challenge! Pretty(?) Pictures inside:
Official 30 Day Pen Challenge!
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
I've been using a Uni Kuru Toga mechanical pencil for the last few months - this has a mechanism that rotates the lead every time you lift off the paper to stop the point from turning into a chisel tip.  I don't like the amount of axial movement in the lead though - I don't lift the tip very far from the paper and it drags as I move from letter to letter.  I've just switched back to my old Rotring Rapid Pro mechanical pencil with 0.7mm lead and it's much nicer to write with.
No Life Club Posts: 2,951
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
I write so seldom that I find it difficult writing more than the date and my signature.

I've noticed for several years that if I suddenly have to write more than the above mentioned, my hand is stupid and my writing which was always bad, gets even worse.....almost spastic  :facepalm:

This goes away after a few minutes of practice....

Not planning on writing much in the near future, but I did have to use a pen to sign in at a security checkpoint recently......using a pen I would rather not have touched. :oops:

I have a ball point knocking around in the glovebox, but I think I'm old enough to carry off the pen in the pocket look  :whistle:

I've seen some really nice Titanium numbers on the youtubes, but nothing available locally and I'm not looking to spend much.

My plan is simple: Parker Jotter like my dad and everybody else used......simple, cheap and can be used to stab an attacker in the eye if needed....  :mn:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,555 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »
I write so seldom that I find it difficult writing more than the date and my signature.

I've noticed for several years that if I suddenly have to write more than the above mentioned, my hand is stupid and my writing which was always bad, gets even worse.....almost spastic  :facepalm:

This goes away after a few minutes of practice....

Not planning on writing much in the near future, but I did have to use a pen to sign in at a security checkpoint recently......using a pen I would rather not have touched. :oops:

I have a ball point knocking around in the glovebox, but I think I'm old enough to carry off the pen in the pocket look  :whistle:

I've seen some really nice Titanium numbers on the youtubes, but nothing available locally and I'm not looking to spend much.

My plan is simple: Parker Jotter like my dad and everybody else used......simple, cheap and can be used to stab an attacker in the eye if needed....  :mn:

Good choice!

:tu: :tu:

I carry one myself.

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $26.00
PayPal Fees: $1.88
Net Balance: $24.12
Below Goal: $250.88
Site Currency: USD
 9%
August Donations

Community Links