Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Screwdrivers with striking cap 245

Sr. Member Posts: 270
Screwdrivers with striking cap
« on: April 07, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »
I'm an EDC-freak and i have a new project - striking cap screwdrivers.

I want to test these models for the next 12 month and find my new EDC striking cap screwdriver. A good Striking cap screwdriver is one of my most important EDC-tools.

It's a mix - I carrying them in the city, in the woods and for working around the house.

Left to right:
Hazet, Wiha, Format, Gedore, Wera, Wiha, Felo, Stahlwille

I forgot this Hazet

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:38:41 PM by CeHo »

No Life Club Posts: 1,719
Re: Screwdrivers with striking cap
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:50:20 PM »
Excellent, good stuff CeHo, this is the sort of thing I like, but I'm afraid you're missing two really good Brands - PB Swisstool and Vessel... I know I know you can't review everything!  :salute:

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 09:00:57 PM »
Thanks fuzzbucket  :tu: - it was important for me that the stuff is high quality.

I know - I miss also Facom...

And there are some models form the other brands - for example the heavy duty Wiha - miss them too.

I let you know if there are wins and fails...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »
Sounds great.  :tu:

:popcorn:

Sr. Member Posts: 298
Screwdrivers with striking cap
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 11:50:40 PM »
Over here they are called "Demolition Screwdrivers" and meant for beating the snot out of stuff in general so quality is really not the point a lot of times.

But as all other tools I too prefer the better ones and the new Milwaukee seem to be a decent combination of tough and reliable for me so far.

In general though the whole point is to sacrifice these as "Beaters" so that better drivers may live in peace. :twak:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:32:44 AM by ezdog »
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 33,563
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »
:tu:   :like:   :popcorn:
Hero Member Posts: 632
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 12:45:44 AM »
I got some of those Weras and Wihas, and I prefer the Weras. Something with the handle of the Wihas just don't work well for me.

In general though the whole point is to sacrifice these as "Beaters" so that better drivers may live in peace. :twak:

Those are my better drivers - they do the beating. :cheers:

Mostly they come out whenever there is something really stuck that deserves a whack and a spanner assisted twist - or when they just happen to be the first thing I see.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:48:25 AM by Vidar »

"If only simple wasn't so hard" - me
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).
No Life Club Posts: 1,652 Duck!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 05:47:29 AM »
Ah, beautiful German screwdrivers. One of my favorite things  :tu:

However I am somewhat disturbed by the lack of Felo wood handled drivers.

https://smile.amazon.com/...ailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
Over here they are called "Demolition Screwdrivers" and meant for beating the snot out of stuff in general so quality is really not the point a lot of times.

But as all other tools I too prefer the better ones and the new Milwaukee seem to be a decent combination of tough and reliable for me so far.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's right. I had two Stanley FM ones, they live in the shed now as unfortunately the handles started to perish and they've taken on a rather unpleasant odour... not unlike a cat's arse!  :ahhh

Disclaimer: I'm not usually in the habit of sniffing cats bums... and most cats are very hygienic...

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice set. I think quality is an very important aspect - for safety reasons... I saw to many broken junk screwdrivers...

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $116.99
PayPal Fees: $7.47
Net Balance: $109.52
Below Goal: $165.48
Site Currency: USD
40% 
April Donations

Community Links