Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiza, some quite unusual Swiss Army Knives ..

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Swiza, some quite unusual Swiss Army Knives ..
Reply #30 on: April 29, 2024, 03:13:16 PM
Let me start by saying my experience with Swiza is limited and from when they were really new. I carried one for a challenge and wrote a short summary. Bear in mind that this was back in 2015.

So, if we focus on what seems unchanged and forget the quality issues then my short take is:
Scales feel good and are durable. They can also be easily swapped.
Design is poor. Due to the banana-shape the tools stick out way more than necessary, creating a poor gripping experience.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 06:18:31 PM
The knife itself is sadly not shipped yet, and tomorrow is the first of may, so a work free day in French and Germany..

But the Belt Pouch was delivered, (from Amazon) doesn’t look bad and got a quite useful Velcro Belt Attachement thing so it can get attached whitouth opening the belt..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

de Offline matzesu

Reply #32 on: May 02, 2024, 03:30:36 PM
Even though I did not got an Shipping Mail from Swizza itself, I have now an Shipping Mail from DPD and it should arrive in 1 to 2 Workdays, so maybe Saturday..

I think I will make an Video on the 4 Layer SAKs on Sunday.. it will be in German though ..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #33 on: May 02, 2024, 04:06:38 PM
Looking forward to it.  Gives me a chance to learn German.  :cheers:
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surprise Box GAW!
🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

de Offline matzesu

Reply #34 on: May 03, 2024, 09:53:44 AM
i did allready post my last SAK Video on the SAK Alike Challenge Thread ^^
I think it will be some sort of an 4 Layer Comparassion Video , i wonder if the Minichamp is also 4 Layer ..

Even though i ditnt got an Email from Swiza that it was shipped, DPD will deliever the Pakage today so i will post pictures this evening ^^

EDIT: When i dont count this quite useless Nail Skinn Spatel Tool, the Minichamp is 4 Layer (but 3 Layer on the other side) ..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:00:18 AM by matzesu »

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: May 03, 2024, 12:11:51 PM
   Looking forward to seeing your new  toy.  I agree.  The MiniChamp 'nail skin spatula tool' or 'cuticle pusher' is quite useless.  I don't think I ever used mine for anything.   Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:

de Offline matzesu

Reply #36 on: May 03, 2024, 07:59:54 PM

Did receive it today, looks quite cool in blue, this mate finish let’s the tools look a bit plastic but they are quite sharp..  the release button of the blade is a bit stiff but well it’s ok..
I can open the can opener one hand, I would wish they had the bottle opener this way as I would use it more then the can opener.. 
the mainblade would need some training to operate one handed so I think it’s German law save ..

It’s said the Scissors are not that good, and yes: they are quite fiddly: cardboard, paper, some sewing stitch are no big deal, but bigger rope is too though for it..
They are still useful, but you have to use the more carefull then the better working Vic Scissors..
They are 2 blades pinned together,..

At least I have still my Minichamp , this also needs something to do..

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: May 03, 2024, 08:12:36 PM
Very handsome.  Didn't you say something about the key ring?  How you had to order a key ring or something?  Best wishes.  G
 :like:

de Offline matzesu

Reply #38 on: May 03, 2024, 08:21:08 PM
I did not order the Keyring, I was just unsure if it had one as it’s needed for my deep pocket clip and this paracord thing..  some SWIZA knife don’t have them, so maybe it’s just on some as it’s on the backspring from tools other Modells don’t have..

There is one thing I found unpleasant : the tweezers which are made of just 2 peace’s of Metall , so one thing more I will use the tool of my Minichamp ..

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #39 on: May 03, 2024, 08:43:07 PM
That's a good looking knife!  Congratulations!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

de Offline matzesu

Reply #40 on: May 06, 2024, 04:38:18 PM
Because of some Health Issues where my voice was not that usuable yesterday, i did not made the Videos i wanted to make (4 Layer SAK including Swiza D09, Vic Delemont Evo S17 and Huntsman, and an Comparation on GBA "Emulation" on New2DSXL, GBA Micro, Pyra and Analoque Pocket) , but i did test some stuff today at work: The Rimer works also good for Opening Cardboard Boxes, and even though the Skissors are much more soft on the hinge than the Victorinox Scissors it dit work quite good whit it to cut some Shipping Palette Band ..  i did not test the bottle opener but it should work quite fine..

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #41 on: May 07, 2024, 01:16:34 PM
Makes a great straight edge screwdriver Gary!  :D
   Looking forward to seeing your new  toy.  I agree.  The MiniChamp 'nail skin spatula tool' or 'cuticle pusher' is quite useless.  I don't think I ever used mine for anything.   Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:
Barry

de Offline matzesu

Reply #42 on: May 08, 2024, 09:41:23 AM
More tests for the Swiza Scissors: Some Plastic Film is no big issue, but Candle Wick is the Endboss for these Scissors, so i will use my Minichamp for this .. 

But you can improve the "Scissor Cutting Succes" when you push the Blades a bit together whyle you cut ..

The Scissors are not completly useless but whit this Knive you have to think more bevor you start to work to get used to these strange stuff ..

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #43 on: May 08, 2024, 03:35:27 PM
I've heard from others that the Swiza scissors are not as usable as Victorinox scissors.

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award

de Offline matzesu

Reply #44 on: May 09, 2024, 01:07:28 PM
And my blue scales got allready black edges.. but well it’s an allday carry knife after all..

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: May 09, 2024, 01:15:24 PM
   The rubbery edges pick up all sorts of dirt.  Just like carrying a pencil eraser in your pocket.  Should be able to buff off the discoloration a little or use a toothbrush with some mild cleaner.  My pockets are always full of dirt, dust, leaf fragments, cookie crumbs, dog hair, sand, and lint.  I am always running string trimmers or mowing or something.  That covers up my clothes.  I am responsible for the cookie crumbs all by myself.  I hate to think what a rubbery coated SAK would look like after a few weeks.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :think:

de Offline matzesu

Reply #46 on: May 10, 2024, 12:16:30 PM
I wonder if i can rubb pencil writing away whit the Scales ^^ This would ad up the Tools by an eraser ^^
Yesterday i did use the free day (Father Day/ Jesus  Journey to heaven) and its sun to cure my Cold in the Sunshine on this end of our Garden, did work quite good

I also did test the Saw and the Big Blade of the Swiza by test them on a branch of an Cherry Tree whe had to cut last fall (but its still wed wood) ..
Works ok, but its like on an normal SAK, its nothing you want to Saw an whole Forrest down whit, but a few branches should work..
The blade works like expectet, i mean the knive is quite new, even if the skales are telling another story ^^ but well it was to expect..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%