Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Executive?

Poncho65 · 309 · 36938

us Offline this_is_nascar

Re: Victorinox Executive?
Reply #210 on: May 28, 2017, 01:55:38 PM
I guess it really depends on what your requirements are.  For me, the Executive is my favorite SAK, followed by the Cadet.  Many times, I'll have both, but the majority of the time, it's just my Executive teathered to my Fenix E01 in my RFP.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

fi Offline Padre

Reply #211 on: May 28, 2017, 03:28:42 PM
As I rarely diffuse any acid bombs I prefer Ambassador.
Its has even fancier name and despite its lack of tools to diffuse any acid bombs I find it easier to carry.
Sure Executive is a lovely thing, dont have much bad to say about it either.
Really handy if you need to diffuse any acid bombs.
 :ahhh
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #212 on: May 28, 2017, 06:31:36 PM

Really handy if you need to diffuse any acid bombs.
 :ahhh

Damn skippy.  :D

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #213 on: June 18, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
Finally got an Executive on my arsenal, bought it from MTO Store for the high price of 4USD ;)

You know, this was one of the MUST have SAKs for me, just because MacGyver used one to defuse a bomb :D

:cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #214 on: June 19, 2017, 03:08:14 AM
I also picked one up from the MTO Store for the same reason Aleph :tu: Can't beat a price like that for such an awesome knife :dd: If not for getting stuck more on the 91mm frame knives I would probably still be carrying mine and this would have been at least the 8th year :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D Also the best for diffusing acid bombs :dd: :like:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #215 on: June 19, 2017, 03:29:26 AM
Just got a 70s, smooth black ad Alox one... it's actually the EXACT same one that's on sakwiki... Weird, they must have made a bunch of those.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #216 on: June 24, 2017, 05:00:43 PM

carried in coin pocket today!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #217 on: June 24, 2017, 05:02:21 PM

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #218 on: June 24, 2017, 05:03:48 PM
Hey, does anyone know the year Vic introduced the double leaf scissor springs on 74mm?

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #219 on: July 30, 2017, 12:54:54 AM
I should soon be all set to diffuse bombs too!

Just ordered an Executive from the MTO store, darn good deal I think
 :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #220 on: July 30, 2017, 02:18:59 AM

The MTO Store had to good of a deal.on them for me as well :ahhh :like:

Congrats on the purchase :tu:

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #221 on: July 30, 2017, 03:25:06 AM

Thanks Poncho, no doubt!
$4 US, (course shipping triples that, ha ha but still for 12 bucks, very nice). Also it's kind of fun not knowing what color scales or if it's imprinted with an advertisement. Just hope it's in relatively decent shape. Honestly, not sure how to go about sharpening an orange peeler, anyone done that?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #222 on: July 30, 2017, 11:33:32 AM
I've always hankered after an executive since I got the Macgyver box set. :dd:
I really should get one from the MT.O store. 4CAD is an awesome price to try it out.
And it might be handy if I come across an acid bomb.  :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #223 on: July 30, 2017, 12:53:15 PM

Thanks Poncho, no doubt!
$4 US, (course shipping triples that, ha ha but still for 12 bucks, very nice). Also it's kind of fun not knowing what color scales or if it's imprinted with an advertisement. Just hope it's in relatively decent shape. Honestly, not sure how to go about sharpening an orange peeler, anyone done that?

$4US??? That's one hell of a bargain...  :sa:

I bought mine (my wife's now... :D), back in 2005 or so for like 35€ or plus... :facepalm:

Anyway... I made some comparison shot's between the Executive and some other sizes for anyone who like to see the difference in sizes:

1- Classic, Executive, Huntsman scissors sizes
2- Classic, Executive, Small Tinker, Spartan
3-  Executive, Tourist, Spartan
4- Executive opened...  :D

Sorry for the quality of the pics... :P
1.jpg
* 1.jpg (Filesize: 302.2 KB)
2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 327.3 KB)
3.jpg
* 3.jpg (Filesize: 391.53 KB)
4.jpg
* 4.jpg (Filesize: 355.75 KB)
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #224 on: July 30, 2017, 12:56:12 PM
Why can't we have skinny scales for 84 and 91mm SAKs too? For their size, the executive scales are REALLY thin.  :drool:

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #225 on: July 30, 2017, 01:07:01 PM
Why can't we have skinny scales for 84 and 91mm SAKs too? For their size, the executive scales are REALLY thin.  :drool:

Well... i think of several reasons...

For one all the scales from the 74mm down are still all solid scales there for tougher than the hollow ones, second the 74mm rivet's and down the scales are attached to are much smaller in diameter and hight (and are 4 vs 3), third the T&T on the 74mm down are smaller in size and thinner, and last the 84/91mm up scales just need to have that extra thickness to be more comfortable and grippier i guess...  :think:

Oh and all the liners are nickel on the Executive, not aluminum, so they can be thinner and tougher and you don't need so much beef on the scales too i guess.... :think:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:09:12 PM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #226 on: July 30, 2017, 01:13:08 PM

For one all the scales from the 74mm down are still all solid scales there for tougher than the hollow ones, second the 74mm rivet's and down the scales are attached to are much smaller in diameter and hight (and are 4 vs 3), third the T&T on the 74mm down are smaller in size and thinner, and last the 84/91mm up scales just need to have that extra thickness to be more comfortable and grippier i guess...  :think:

Oh and all the liners are nickel on the Executive, not aluminum, so they can be thinner and tougher and you don't need so much beef on the scales too i guess.... :think:
I sort of figured that it was impossible, due to the brushes alone.  :-\

Nickel huh? is that true for 58mm too? My modern Ramber has golden liners.

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #227 on: July 30, 2017, 01:21:44 PM

Yep, as far as i know from the 74mm down all liners are nickel (nickel alloy anyway...) they are thinner and tougher than the aluminum ones and have that light gold like color.
It would be great if they put those liners on the 84/91mm models too, they could all be thinner. But the price would go up a bit and so would the weight...  :-\
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:23:43 PM by MacGyver »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #228 on: July 30, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Yep, as far as i know from the 74mm down all liners are nickel (nickel alloy anyway...) they are thinner and tougher than the aluminum ones and have that light gold like color.
It would be great if they put those liners on the 84/91mm models too, they could all be thinner. But the price would go up a bit and so would the weight...  :-\
They did used to use them on the soldier SAKs, right?

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #229 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:44 PM

Yes, and all 93's and the Cadet still have them, and all alox ones. From 111mm up i don't really know as i have none

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #230 on: July 30, 2017, 03:08:56 PM

Yes, and all 93's and the Cadet still have them, and all alox ones. From 111mm up i don't really know as i have none
My Golden Climber (LE 2016) has nickel liners too.
Indeed a weight addition, but so much nicer.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #231 on: July 30, 2017, 04:09:07 PM
Yet another pic repost thanks to SmurfBucket :twak:

"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #232 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:18 PM
Thanks for the nice pics MacGyver and Aleph78!
Awesome to see the size comparisons and I'm looking forward to receiving mine!

Reply #233 on: July 30, 2017, 07:51:09 PM
Love my Executives.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

it Offline Mini

Reply #234 on: July 31, 2017, 10:16:20 AM
I have bought not one, but two executive from MTO store! It's not common to find one used, so I want to take advantage for the great price 🙌

Reply #235 on: July 31, 2017, 01:57:09 PM
Just picked up a couple more Executives used on the eBay for a great price. 

Reply #236 on: July 31, 2017, 06:23:49 PM
Grab this used one on eBay last week.  My 1st non-Celidor version.

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #237 on: July 31, 2017, 06:36:16 PM
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

"So with the "Alcoa" branding I'll assume those are aluminum scales?" asked Capt Obvious  :rofl:

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #238 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37:07 PM
I have bought not one, but two executive from MTO store! It's not common to find one used, so I want to take advantage for the great price 🙌

Mini, I should have picked up an extra one as well, given the shipping cost...

Reply #239 on: July 31, 2017, 06:57:37 PM
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

"So with the "Alcoa" branding I'll assume those are aluminum scales?" asked Capt Obvious  :rofl:
I believe so, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%