Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Executive?

Poncho65 · 309 · 36959

de Offline crackout

Re: Victorinox Executive?
Reply #240 on: July 31, 2017, 07:27:47 PM

Can you post pics of your monster 74 with closed tools?
Say my name.

it Offline Mini

Reply #241 on: July 31, 2017, 10:30:02 PM
I have bought not one, but two executive from MTO store! It's not common to find one used, so I want to take advantage for the great price 🙌

Mini, I should have picked up an extra one as well, given the shipping cost...

Shipping cost will raise up if I choosen 3 knife, and also the total value of the purchase will increase. If I exceeded the quote of 20euro, is was possible to have custom fees.

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #242 on: August 01, 2017, 02:11:05 AM
I have bought not one, but two executive from MTO store! It's not common to find one used, so I want to take advantage for the great price 🙌

Mini, I should have picked up an extra one as well, given the shipping cost...

Shipping cost will raise up if I choosen 3 knife, and also the total value of the purchase will increase. If I exceeded the quote of 20euro, is was possible to have custom fees.

Oh yeah, but I was saying I should have gotten a 2nd (or 3rd) for that price. Shipping isn't too terrible to US  but was still twice what the knife cost.
I put the knife in my cart and thought I'll see what shipping is - saw $8+ and thought "well, still not bad, $12 or so for an executive". In hind site, I should have given it a bit more thought and added another one or two to my order. I can't imagine shipping would have increased that much for a few extra ounces.

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #243 on: August 01, 2017, 02:40:13 AM
Grab this used one on eBay last week.  My 1st non-Celidor version.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
That reminds me of my 15 to 20 year old Money Clip.  I really needn't used it so it's near perfect,  sitting in the drawer.  The scissors are much better than on my Executive which has a spring that flips out of alignment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

it Offline Mini

Reply #244 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:04 PM
Oh yeah, but I was saying I should have gotten a 2nd (or 3rd) for that price. Shipping isn't too terrible to US  but was still twice what the knife cost.
I put the knife in my cart and thought I'll see what shipping is - saw $8+ and thought "well, still not bad, $12 or so for an executive". In hind site, I should have given it a bit more thought and added another one or two to my order. I can't imagine shipping would have increased that much for a few extra ounces.

Well, now I understand 😀, thanks.

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #245 on: August 01, 2017, 02:11:17 PM
Grab this used one on eBay last week.  My 1st non-Celidor version.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

That reminds me of my 15 to 20 year old Money Clip.  I really needn't used it so it's near perfect,  sitting in the drawer.  The scissors are much better than on my Executive which has a spring that flips out of alignment.

In retrospect, I probably should have passed on this.  It's only going to sit in the drawer, with two other Executives I got this week.

My main EDC Executive is my main one that's with me all the time.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #246 on: August 19, 2017, 02:16:47 PM
Can't believe how many deals I've been seeing on eBay for the Executive.  If anyone was ever interested in getting one, I'd suggest monitoring the bay for the deals that have been coming up.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #247 on: August 20, 2017, 02:11:59 PM
best pair for the ST300M CORE or Rebar IMO

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #248 on: December 24, 2017, 03:09:31 AM
Carried this one today :cheers:

1223171923a by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #249 on: December 24, 2017, 03:25:20 AM
Carried this one today :cheers:

1223171923a by Poncho 65, on Flickr
God show,  Poncho.
Thanks for the scale comparison to the Space Pen.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #250 on: December 24, 2017, 05:04:12 AM
Thanks mize :salute: and no prob :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #251 on: April 20, 2022, 03:23:54 PM
Giving this thread a :bump:

I have been carrying an Executive for well over a decade now and it still comes in handy quite often :woohoo:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #252 on: April 20, 2022, 06:28:48 PM
They're great knives!
Barry

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #253 on: April 20, 2022, 07:59:19 PM
 :iagree: :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Bunk Tuppins

Reply #254 on: April 20, 2022, 08:09:34 PM
I just bought this one recently and have been carrying it most days.   Very fond of it.  This and the Ambassador look a bit like candy sticks.  You secretly want to eat them...

* 005a.jpg (Filesize: 414.68 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #255 on: April 21, 2022, 12:36:25 PM
Thanks guys :hatsoff:

Great pic,  Bunk :like:

us Offline ThisAlarm7

Reply #256 on: April 21, 2022, 08:04:29 PM
I love mine and carry it increasingly. I can't believe this isn't more popular than the Classic....basically the same size but much more knife. I'd swap the peeler for a cap lifter/screwdriver which would make it perfect.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #257 on: April 21, 2022, 09:37:42 PM
I love mine and carry it increasingly. I can't believe this isn't more popular than the Classic....basically the same size but much more knife. I'd swap the peeler for a cap lifter/screwdriver which would make it perfect.

Yep.  I'd definitely like to have seen it with the type of combo tool that's on a Rambler and MiniChamp.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #258 on: April 22, 2022, 11:34:50 AM

Well, SAKs are awl about versatility. You can find lots of uses for any tool, peeler included.

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #259 on: April 22, 2022, 11:38:00 AM
I'm about 20 years behind the 8-ball... :facepalm: I have ordered my first Executive, and Delemont Executive 81 recently.

I bought them to replace a lost Manager. I'm a big fan of the Rambler too, but I reckoned it was a good time to try something different. Looking forward to the larger small platforms to pair with a 84mm Cadet or 93mm Pioneer/Farmer.

I never knew MacGuyver used the Executive on so many occasions. It would be a disgrace for me on multiple levels not to at least try it out!  :salute:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #260 on: April 22, 2022, 11:45:04 AM
I'm about 20 years behind the 8-ball... :facepalm: I have ordered my first Executive, and Delemont Executive 81 recently.

I bought them to replace a lost Manager. I'm a big fan of the Rambler too, but I reckoned it was a good time to try something different. Looking forward to the larger small platforms to pair with a 84mm Cadet or 93mm Pioneer/Farmer.

I never knew MacGuyver used the Executive on so many occasions. It would be a disgrace for me on multiple levels not to at least try it out!  :salute:

Well, better late than never! Let us know how you like it.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #261 on: April 24, 2022, 03:03:53 AM

We have had members here that have cut notches in the peeler to give it an opener :cheers:

I never normally if ever need one so that being not on a stock Executive never bothered me :tu:

Everyone that has a Classic should also have an Executive  :ahhh

us Offline Bunk Tuppins

Reply #262 on: April 24, 2022, 06:16:56 AM
The file!

* 001a.jpg (Filesize: 340.84 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #263 on: April 26, 2022, 12:05:48 AM
The file!

So, they finally gave the Executive the new, more aggressive file pattern that the 84mm line recently got. Sweet! A lot more versatile than the spark erosion files, and more durable than the old design 74mm file.

us Offline Bunk Tuppins

Reply #264 on: April 26, 2022, 07:03:52 AM
So, they finally gave the Executive the new, more aggressive file pattern that the 84mm line recently got. Sweet! A lot more versatile than the spark erosion files, and more durable than the old design 74mm file.

Yes!  I have recently purchased a Sportsman and a Cadet and the surface is the same.  It's quite a good nail file.

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #265 on: April 27, 2022, 10:47:26 AM
I received my Executive, and I like it! It's a 58mm on steriods!  :D

It seems like a good companion to a bigger knife with the opening layer and without scissors. Like a Pioneer or Farmer.  :cheers:

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
Reply #266 on: April 27, 2022, 12:15:27 PM
More like an Ambassador is a Classic on steroids. Executives are their own animal

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #267 on: May 08, 2022, 01:52:30 AM
Well I promised I would post, so here is my Victorinox Executive Plus or my idea of a “74 mm Mini Champ.” I went with a Nightcore NK 5 scalpel holder in lieu of a Spyderco blade. Also added a few Wenger tools I like. Curious what additions or omissions you guys would make.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
Reply #268 on: May 08, 2022, 03:03:41 AM
that is way better than a Mini Champ

us Offline Buzzbait

Reply #269 on: May 08, 2022, 04:30:14 AM
 :like:
--
'Buzz

Donations