Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Awareness

Guest · 31 · 3218

Offline Ben X

Re: Swiss Awareness
Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 09:25:26 AM
What's wrong with that?

It's like your first time being a robust woman with a hint of lip hair.

Sure you love her at the time, but down the track you wish she was something worth bragging about.
:rofl:
 I was brought to the light (or the "dark side" as my psychiatrist calls it...) (j/k btw, don't want anyone here thinking I'm even nuttier than everyone else here) by the television series MacGyver. I started watching it when I was 12 and the way he used a SAK to fix everything I just HAD to have one. I bought a cheapo and was completely dissatisfied and realized he went with Victorinox for a reason. So at 13 I bought a Tinker. I'm sure within the first year I also bought a Wenger Handyman (also a Mac model), a Huntsman, and then an Executive. I also saw the need for a 58mm and got a Classic SD. The more I evaluated what I needed and used, I finally found the duo that carried me from 14 to 18, a Minichamp and a Mechanic. I will admit I knew these were most practical, but I will own up to being outright addicted and buying SAKs just to buy them through the years, too.

My dad bought me a Sapphire Signature II Lite for my 15th birthday, then that night I bought a Recruit, which may have made him feel I didn't like his gift, when really it was just that I wanted the MacGyver collection (Recruit included). I loved the knife he got me more than the whole rest of my collection because it was special- a very thoughtful gift from my dad. Anyway, I will just spit out the remainder of the list: Spartan, Swiss Card, Bantam, Camper, Compact (that I chopped on the first day), Champion, Sportsman (what I carried most after 18), a custom Scibeer Abrasive Corkscrew Mechanic plus, a Climber, and I've owned multiples of the Tinker, Executive, Sportsman, Tinker, Sig Lite, and Spartan. Yikes, that got longer than I intended, I guess I have a lot of SAK baggage- and Felinevet is my pusher- the man just makes it too affordable to try out your every dream. And geez, I already had a problem before I started modding, now I am going to need rehab! So, to get back on topic, MacGyver brought me around- I still will probably always buy red SAK's and keep it under 4 layers thanks to him :D
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD