Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Rambler Plus?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Vic Rambler Plus?
on: February 21, 2009, 03:52:39 AM
Hey guys, I'm curious, does anyone have a Rambler Plus? Thanks

How hard to find are they?  ???
B

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Vic Rambler Plus?
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:02:04 AM
Do you mean the 58mm :think:

If so isn't that the Midnite Manager

or is there another Rambler in a different size?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:04:46 AM
Just read the other thread where you mentioned them ::)

Now I know what you mean :D

and I have no idea how hard they are to find :pok: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:09:59 AM
I was just thinking (I know doesn't happen often :o :D ) You would probably love the Vagabond as well

It keeps all that the Rambler has and adds the emergency blade as an extra blade and you get the cut and picker :o :tu: :D

Offline Ben X

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:18:24 AM
You could just buy a minichamp and have someone mod it for you. Personally I would just deal with the slightly greater thickness of the minichamp. I carried one for years and the old "original" minichamp never let me down. I owned two and they were the best SAK money I have ever spent. I carried it all through middle and high school and just short of remodeled the building with it. Even the principle knew I had it but my "school handyman" status kept the halo glowing over my head and it was so sheeple friendly no one was intimidated. In fact, I loaned it out a bit and I'm surprised it never disappeared.
"

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 02:23:10 PM
Hey are you from Nashville, TN?

Offline Ben X

Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 06:33:11 AM
I'm actually from Indiana but Nashville is where I find myself at the moment, are you down here somewhere too?
"

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 06:41:39 AM
I'm actually from Indiana but Nashville is where I find myself at the moment, are you down here somewhere too?

I usually work in and around Nashville

ATM I am in Brentwood @ the Brentwood Academy :)

But I live about 100 miles East on the Cumberland Plateau in a little place called Monterey :D

Offline Ben X

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:00:15 AM
Oh wow yeah I am at Lipscomb which is just North of Brentwood. I go to that Target down there (and gawk at the SAK's) pretty often. Do you teach there, or do they do post-secondary education? Man private school is HUGE in this area in a way I have seen nowhere else but California and parts of New England.
"

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:21 PM
Teacher that's a good one ::)

No I am a bricklayer we are adding on to the Brentwood Academy :D

We meaning my company do a lot of schools around the state :tu:

Still it's a small world you might even have passed me on the road and didn't even know it :D :D

Offline Ben X

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 08:53:12 AM
Haha well I figured you were old enough to be a teacher if you were old enough to be a bricklayer- I just know a lot of teachers who actually are involved in skilled trades. I have a neighbor who is a teacher 9 months and a carpenter the other 3. His backyard goof off work alone is staggering, I can see how he gets business.
Anyway, they are contracting pretty far out- it looks from the map like you're 100 miles from home! Do you stay in town for the jobs when you work in Nashville? Btw I just mapped the school and dang, you're literally a mile from me every day! I realized which school it was once I saw where it is. Talk about a small SAK-loving world :D  :cheers:
"

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 05:11:18 AM
 :tu: Nope bricklayer full time :D The company I work for is actually based out of Brentwood so this job is actually in there backyard :D

I ride with some other guys from Monterey everyday :ahhh Up and gone by 4:30 in the AM and usually home around 5:30 PM :-\ I am use to it though so it's not to bad :cheers:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:29:48 AM
:tu: Nope bricklayer full time :D The company I work for is actually based out of Brentwood so this job is actually in there backyard :D

I ride with some other guys from Monterey everyday :ahhh Up and gone by 4:30 in the AM and usually home around 5:30 PM :-\ I am use to it though so it's not to bad :cheers:
       Don't you live close to the Eastern/Central time zone boundary? If I had to cross and recross that daily I'd have jet lag inside a week.
I

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:07:46 PM
Yeah I live about 10 minutes in on the Central Time Zone which is the same as Nashville and Brentwood  :cheers:

But I was working on a job in Oakridge TN and we passed it going and coming everyday :ahhh My cell phone didn't know what to think :o :D

That job being almost in Knoxville was quite a bit closer for me though :( but ya gotta work :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%