Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Silver tech 91mm not that popular?

tanker · 60 · 6161

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Silver tech 91mm not that popular?
Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 10:35:19 PM
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 10:35:56 PM
I think they look alright I just am a die hard for the red, nothing says Swiss Army Knife to the casual observer like red handles. I could be persuaded to the dark (black) side I just haven't broken down and bought any yet. Silver Tech seems like something I would buy if I had a job in the technology field maybe. I can picture them on a cyber tool. But MacGyver ruined me :P The man always used red. :climber:

I feel the same way when it comes to SAKs.  They need to be red.  Blue, yellow, green, black, white, silver tech, etc., are cool, but a SAK is red to me.  It's one of the problems I have with the Alox series, which I absolutely love.  They are not red.  However, I got me a RED Cadet, and it is the cat's meow for me now.  I know they have red pioneers, farmers, etc., but they are the exception rather then the rule.  I love a red SAK.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 01:05:16 AM
I think they look alright I just am a die hard for the red, nothing says Swiss Army Knife to the casual observer like red handles.

I agree. It was red all they way for me. Then you joined the forum and started showing me pictures of SAKs with those lovely blue scales.   ::) ;) :D

Still like red as well though :)

Blue is nice too.

:angel:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 01:25:11 AM
Only one of my SAKs has the celidor scales left on it now - the Swisschamp that has huge sentimental value to me.

The rest have been replaced by wood and carbon fibre. My two (soon to be three) aloxs will remain intact though.
I used to come here a lot.

ca Offline Black Rose

Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:18 AM
The one thing I don't like is that only the Signature Lite has a coloured shield.

It stands out nicely...the shield on the other Silver tech SAKs looks rather bland in comparison.

Offline tanker

Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 06:36:40 AM
The one thing I don't like is that only the Signature Lite has a coloured shield.

It stands out nicely...the shield on the other Silver tech SAKs looks rather bland in comparison.

100% agree :salute:.
I think 91mm silver techs should have the red shield...(and also a white led, again like the Signature Lite)
T

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
Are you guys nuts!  :pok:  :D  I think the SilverTech's look fantastic!  I'm going to buy a Silvertech signature lite this week to add it to my keychain. I'm looking for a much more simple keychain setup and I think the Silvertech signature lite fits my needs perfectly.  :tu:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 07:41:34 PM
Are you guys nuts!  :pok:  :D  I think the SilverTech's look fantastic!  I'm going to buy a Silvertech signature lite this week to add it to my keychain. I'm looking for a much more simple keychain setup and I think the Silvertech signature lite fits my needs perfectly.  :tu:

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You know... when I manage to get over the cost barrier... :D
Got those frog legs.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 09:04:33 PM

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You know... when I manage to get over the cost barrier... :D

The street price is much better. I'm seeing the SilverTech signature lite in the $22-$25 price range.  :tu:

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:19 PM
 :pok:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 10:05:10 PM
 :D :D :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 10:32:07 PM
I like the silvertech scales.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 10:43:39 PM
The one I pimped for Flash came out well but I still think the stock ones look bland :(
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 11:31:23 PM
They're kinda growing on me.  I didn't like them at all when I first saw them, left me totally indifferent, but I'm somewhat warming to them now.  I still think they need something to break up the endless silver, the red shield on the Signature or the pimped set that Neil did really make a big improvement.

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 11:15:31 PM
Lately, I've been considering a Silver Tech SL precisely for the fact it will get dirty and bland: I'm looking for something inconspicuous for my key chain (pure aesthetics; the whole setup still screams EDC whore) and couldn't find anything black or gray with the new LED. On the other hand, all the STs I've seen so far seem to have a dark, grayish hue.
W

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 01:29:29 AM
So it look like there have been a few silvertech SAK in use for a while now,  how are they standing up to scratches etc?

My sapphire climber is quite beaten up after being out and about and I'm worried if i splash out on one of these beauties I'll have to use it too and the ruin darn thing
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:01 AM
So it look like there have been a few silvertech SAK in use for a while now,  how are they standing up to scratches etc?

My sapphire climber is quite beaten up after being out and about and I'm worried if i splash out on one of these beauties I'll have to use it too and the ruin darn thing

have you tried Brasso to clean up your scales?  it takes out a lot of the superficial scratches really well and brings back the shine.

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 08:52:56 AM

have you tried Brasso to clean up your scales? it takes out a lot of the superficial scratches really well and brings back the shine.

Not yet I wasn't sure if that was a cellidor trick only but I'll have a go today  :salute:
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 09:55:30 AM

have you tried Brasso to clean up your scales? it takes out a lot of the superficial scratches really well and brings back the shine.

Not yet I wasn't sure if that was a cellidor trick only but I'll have a go today  :salute:

It work well on the translucent as too.  :tu:

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 07:14:07 PM
I like the silvertech scales.

(Image removed from quote.)

Is this a Spartan Chako? .... postman brought me a Silvertech Spartan this morning  ;)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 07:18:32 PM

have you tried Brasso to clean up your scales?  it takes out a lot of the superficial scratches really well and brings back the shine.
Is the Brasso wadding the same as you can get in liquid form...? I can get my hands on plenty of Brasso, but can't seem to find the wadding anywhere here..  ???

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 07:24:41 PM

Is the Brasso wadding the same as you can get in liquid form...? I can get my hands on plenty of Brasso, but can't seem to find the wadding anywhere here..  ???

Someone might be able to tell you more but I'm pretty certain it's exactly the same stuff.  I've always used the wadding as I think it's less messy.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 07:26:22 PM

Someone might be able to tell you more but I'm pretty certain it's exactly the same stuff.  I've always used the wadding as I think it's less messy.
Thanks.. I'll give it a shot..  :tu:

Offline grimm_kaosboy

Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 04:14:34 PM
With the exception of swisscards, I have NEVER liked the translucent scales. Give me red or black anyday of the week. The silvertech scales on the otherhand I really do like. A lot. When I get around to picking up a cyber41 that's the route I'm going...
T

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #54 on: July 31, 2009, 06:02:54 PM
New Spartan came yesterday, the Thunderer the day before. Need more silvertech.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #55 on: July 31, 2009, 06:05:13 PM
Those grippers are great too aren't they :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009, 06:05:58 PM
Very nice, Paul!  :tu:

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #57 on: July 31, 2009, 06:08:15 PM
Thanks guys, the grippers I took the grippers of my keyring where it's been for a good six months for the pic.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #58 on: July 31, 2009, 06:20:33 PM
Sliver grippers are superb.  :tu:
I'm back!!

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: August 01, 2009, 06:03:22 AM
I really like the Silver tech scales but i like most of the SAK colors except the yellow. I am a mark for Sapphire SAKs i have three and one new pair Sapphire plus scales waiting for to figure out witch SAK to put them on. I also found a pair of stayglow scales. I am pretty cheap and buy mostly used SAKs i think the silver techs and pin strips in black and blue are going to make me spend some money.
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD