Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Scibeer Mod SAK Pron

Ben X · 10 · 2830

Offline Ben X

Scibeer Mod SAK Pron
on: February 23, 2009, 09:36:26 AM
I've posted this over at SOSAK but I just realized some of you have not seen this, so for those who have not I give you the Scibeer Abrasive Corkscrew Machanic Plus (Almost needs to be Acronymized- SACMP- doesn't quite roll of the tongue though...)

I use the pen all the time, and since I work on cars a fair but it lives up to its name. I also use the metal file a lot just tinkering around with things.
"

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Re: Scibeer Mod SAK Pron
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 09:49:01 AM
Very nice :tu:
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 09:50:34 AM
SCAMP has a nice ring to it - Scibeer Corkscrew Abrasive Mechanic Plus?

I used to come here a lot.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:49:46 AM
It's a great looking SAK Ben.  I think I asked this over on SOSAK but was there a particular reason you went for the corkscrew over the Phillips?  It would just seem to fit better with the overall theme of the SAK in my mind.   Of course then you couldn't call it the SCAMP (good name Dave  :tu:).
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 02:21:41 PM
I like SCAMP  :tu:   I think a back phillips would have been my choice as well but I'm not convinced that it does any better job than the end of the can opener  :-\

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline bren10man

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 03:07:26 PM
Looks good.

I wished they imported the Grand Prix still into the USA.  HOWEVER, I bought one in Korea, and my mom got a discount when the Seoul Vic store owner found he she was my mom, and she bought one for a friend back at home.

I would take the Grand Prix, and add the pliers to it.  Ideal for the mechanic.  Think Craftsman (post 1987 model) with the woodsaw removed.

I just can't have a SAK without scissors!!!!
MOLON LABE!

Offline Ben X

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:00:13 PM
Gareth and Neil, you are absolutely right. For some reason I thought the can opener would do the job just fine but in the first few weeks of having it I made attempts on phillips screws that gave the can opener a slightly new shape  :-\ I thought having the mini screwdriver might be handy but so far I have used it very infrequently. I also would probably benefit more from a fine screwdriver than a chisel as I have yet to use it. So, lesson learned, next time around I will do a phillips. In fact, I might use Neil's guide to swapping the phillips and corkscrew (very nice work Neil, btw  :salute:). Once I get some brass I will probably do it :D

The knife is still very useful, but I might consider selling it eventually once I got a replacement as I really don't like the 90's pliers as much as the new ones. Funny story, I had a Mechanic for years and wore it out, sent it back and they gave me a new one- and it was the older 90's model! So off it went brand new to Scibeer for this mod.
"

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:35:09 PM
Funny story, I had a Mechanic for years and wore it out, sent it back and they gave me a new one- and it was the older 90's model!

That's weird  :think:  Perhaps they have a special stock for warranty work and they don't get many Mechanic's in so are still working through old stock?

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 10:11:41 PM
Scamp get's my vote too :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 02:43:33 AM
It's a great looking SAK Ben.  I think I asked this over on SOSAK but was there a particular reason you went for the corkscrew over the Phillips?  It would just seem to fit better with the overall theme of the SAK in my mind.   Of course then you couldn't call it the SCAMP (good name Dave  :tu:).

SPAMP?  SMAPP? :think:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%