Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge saws

J-sews · 197 · 30622

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: Charge saws
Reply #150 on: January 01, 2011, 05:23:12 AM
J-Sews does such a wonderful job.

No way can an amateur with a Dremel match the superiority of a machine that J-Sews uses.  :drool:
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #151 on: January 22, 2011, 10:15:59 AM
The Saw blades can also be used on the Surge as the play problem is now solved:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,25502.0.html
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

Reply #152 on: August 25, 2012, 01:54:11 AM
Would like to get a few more of these precision fitting blades. Snipped off the lanyard loop on my Charge to use the Charge Saw Blades without having to remove the pocket clip.

The only Leatherman I used the lanyard clip was on a Squirt S4 and lost it for a few days when it caught on something during a 2010 Census contact. The recluse had junk all around the house and was difficult getting to the front door. Was like a castle fortress.  :o
¬ Outback in Idaho

Offline alexei

Reply #153 on: October 15, 2013, 04:12:44 PM
I have just found earlier today this topic and I really think it is a great mod!  Well thought of and well executed by J-sews!

The machine you used is a manually controlled one or a CNC? I would like to add a set of saw blades to the Wave I am gonna buy soon and was thinking to ask whether you still have the file (program) if you used a CNC and would share it, 'cos I know friend who knows a friend that has access to a CNC machine ;)

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:18:29 PM by alexei »

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #154 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:31 AM
Sorry to bump up an older topic but are you planning on making any more of these please J-Sews?
Max.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:14 AM

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #156 on: February 18, 2014, 02:19:53 PM
Have you seen Tofty's saw holder?

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=47167.0

Yes, funnily enough after J-sews topic here and some time back I looked into making a commercial holder myself and did some designs (I'm involved with a large UK engineering company) but the tricky design, limited market size and (as can be seen by Tofty's product) cost meant it didn't get far.  I like the J-Sews simplicity.
Max.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #157 on: February 18, 2014, 03:36:42 PM
I have had several requests recently, so yes I will make another small run. :salute: I will make a post in this thread when they are ready. 

Bob :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #158 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:41 PM
Awesome, thanks Bob - not sure what blades you'll be doing but I for one will happily purchase a set of various tpi's if you make them.   :salute:
Max.

Reply #159 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:37 PM
I have had several requests recently, so yes I will make another small run. :salute: I will make a post in this thread when they are ready. 

Bob :)

I like the Charge-Saw too. This cut allows one to extend their handle for ease in cutting, and for longer reach, or fold up the handle if desired.  :2tu:

The one on the bottom was one I had made, but the cut wasn't as exact as yours and wobbled a lot. Is great to have a precision-cut set of metal, all-purpose, and a wood saw blade. (Again, I emphasize the longer reach is desirable - least for me.)

Also had removed the annoying and hard-to-get-out lanyard loop. Can use the Charge-Saw blade while having the pocket clip still attached.
DSC04432.JPG
* DSC04432.JPG (Filesize: 52.51 KB)
PC0500051.jpg
* PC0500051.jpg (Filesize: 41.65 KB)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:03:35 PM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #160 on: June 14, 2016, 11:26:16 PM
  EDC Source still selling these Charge Saws, by none other than the famous J-Sews?
¬ Outback in Idaho

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #161 on: June 14, 2016, 11:47:54 PM
We haven't made any in years, so no, I don't imagine there are still any kicking about.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #162 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:49 PM
We haven't made any in years, so no, I don't imagine there are still any kicking about.

Def

Rats, still have the one J-Sews made. Will have to pamper it more.  :cry:
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #163 on: June 15, 2016, 12:28:44 AM
I was thinking about this thread the other day :dd: I still have one of those saws as well :cheers: I wished LM had picked that idea up cause once they lock in they are very sturdy saws :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #164 on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:10 AM
I still have a few and I love them.  The issue was sourcing the blades at a reasonable price without buying a container load.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #165 on: June 15, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
Bob needs to be here some next month for the 10 year anniversary :cheers: Your gonna have to talk him into visiting us Boss :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #166 on: June 15, 2016, 04:55:13 PM
Bob needs to be here some next month for the 10 year anniversary :cheers: Your gonna have to talk him into visiting us Boss :D

I'm sure we will see him sometime soon!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #167 on: June 15, 2016, 05:11:28 PM

I'm sure we will see him sometime soon!

Def

:cheers:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #168 on: June 15, 2016, 06:06:45 PM
Bob still stops in from time to time.  I really miss having him around to fill in gaps in my knowledge. .... and those are some pretty big gaps....   :ahhh

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #169 on: June 15, 2016, 06:43:02 PM
Bob still stops in from time to time.  I really miss having him around to fill in gaps in my knowledge. .... and those are some pretty big gaps....   :ahhh

Def

He sure knows his MTs :o :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #170 on: June 15, 2016, 08:04:28 PM
Actually if you ever sit down with him, you will find that he knows an awful lot about a lot of things- specifically manufacturing and processes which he does professionally, and Browning rifles, which he also collects.

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #171 on: June 15, 2016, 08:36:22 PM
Actually if you ever sit down with him, you will find that he knows an awful lot about a lot of things- specifically manufacturing and processes which he does professionally, and Browning rifles, which he also collects.

Def

OK I want to question him more than ever now :ahhh but when it comes down to it I will probably forget what to ask :facepalm: :D

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #172 on: September 12, 2018, 12:15:52 PM
Sorry to bump up an old topic but seemed the best place - I never did get hold of any of these saws and would *still* like to!  I never heard back from Bob - is anyone else doing anything remotely similar?
Max.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #173 on: September 12, 2018, 02:02:48 PM
Not that I am aware of.  Unfortunately I sold my last one a couple of months ago.

Getting the work done isn't a problem- sourcing decent quality blades at a reasonable price has been, unless we are willing to buy 10,000, and I don't have that kind of budget.

Def

Reply #174 on: September 16, 2018, 09:46:51 PM
  Still carry that last one I got.  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #175 on: March 20, 2019, 03:43:01 PM
Well, still seems like the best place to post - 2019 now and I am still wanting to get some of these.

Last time Bob replied in 2014 he planned to make more.

I have PM'd him a few times last few years but never a reply.

If he or anyone who might be able to provide a set of these saws is reading please help us all out who would like them.  Happy to cover all costs of course.  :)
Max.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #176 on: March 20, 2019, 05:13:27 PM
Bob isn't active much anymore and I don't know a direct source for anymore of these type saws but you could go to a machine shop and see if they could cut some for you :salute: take a clip or the removable lanyard with you and they could take it as a pattern to cut the blades :cheers:

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #177 on: March 21, 2019, 03:40:11 PM
Yes, I think that might be the best option - not sure how easy it will be to find a machine shop that can mill that precisely.  Bob's sure were nicely done.

I did think of an alternative yesterday with mounting in the large bit holder but that needs a hole drilled in the saw blade and none of my (reasonably quality) bits will penetrate them.  Even centre punching the blade just caused the hardened metal to shatter.

Max.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #178 on: March 21, 2019, 03:48:10 PM
Someone with a CNC machine will be able to copy that design into nearly anything, I think :cheers:

gb Offline Maxintheuk

Reply #179 on: March 23, 2019, 10:30:09 AM
Thanks - I've ordered a belt clip so will see it I can get some copied and made. 
Max.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD