Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cigar Cutter SAKs

Offline SteamKit

Cigar Cutter SAKs
on: February 24, 2009, 04:24:37 AM
Did anybody ever get a chance to use one of the cigar cutter Victorinox's? I'm wondering how well the laser sharpened punches work. What about the Wenger model with the scissors? I've no real idea what model those are, more familiar with Vic than Wenger.

-Kit

us Offline bren10man

Re: Cigar Cutter SAKs
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:37:10 AM
Wenger makes the BEST cigar cutter SAK.  Victorinox does not even compare.

http://www.swiss-knife.com/asp/detail.asp?lan=EN&code=1.79.39.704&shop=SK

The above link shows the Wenger one I bought, and later gave away to a friend of mine for a gift.  It came in a deluxe, plastic Wenger box with Wenger logo in the lid.  The knife has: fingernail file, large blade, scissors, cigar cutter, can opener, bottle opener/screwdriver/wire stripper, awl/punch, and corkscrew.  It did not have the key ring or chain..it needs that badly.  It does come with toothpick and tweezers.  The scales were steel outlined with a black lizard type skin inside the steel outline.  The steel outline on the scales is sculpted.  The Wenger Swiss cross logo was impressed into the lizard skin handle.

I think it is called the Cigar Cutter Deluxe.  It is ONLY sold outside the USA.  I bought this one at a cigar store (they ONLY sold Cuban cigars) in Seoul.  The store was in the 1st basement level of a 5-star hotel that was adjacent to the COEX mall. 

Price: 120,000 won last May 2008.  Do the currency conversion (changes daily) to see how much it is.

In addition to this one described above, they had a cheaper one with red scales for 60,000 or so won.

The Swiss Heidi Ship sells them and other types:  http://www.swiss-knife.com/en/bestsellers/cigar-knives.htm

I have seen Wenger cigar cutter SAK's for sale in the US, but no scissors, and with red handles.

This thing IS a beauty!!!!  I need to go back and get one for me (I have a humidor full of Cubans...all they sell here in Korea for the most part).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:38:56 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:12:47 AM
Did anybody ever get a chance to use one of the cigar cutter Victorinox's? I'm wondering how well the laser sharpened punches work. What about the Wenger model with the scissors? I've no real idea what model those are, more familiar with Vic than Wenger.

-Kit
While I can not say how well they function as intended since I do not smoke, I can tell you the Cigar Punch Tool on the Victorinox model is very sharp. I have the Wenger version too and they would seem to work very well since they are kind of like a bypass shears type scissors. Have you visited the SAKWicki? If not check it out here;http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Cigar+Cutter+Tool.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:48 PM
The Wenger cigar cutter work very well.
(

us Offline django.cj

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:42:14 AM
I have the cigar cutter with the leather inlaid scales.  It was definitely sold in the US, I ordered it from Dick's Sporting Goods back in 2005.  It was my EDC for a couple years.  Great cutter, though I think punches do a better job.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%