Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge on regular belt carry?

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Surge on regular belt carry?
on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:50 AM
Does anyone here carry their Surge, full-time just on their regular belt?

Or have most of you that bought them just have them because they are the "biggest" tool with outside opening blades, and its a compliment to your collection?

I have tried twice to carry my Surge at work. Once I made it through the full day with the leather sheath being carried on my belt horizontally. The other time, I tried to carry the sheath vertically, and I didnt even make it through the whole day-rather, I didnt even make it through the first hour before removing it.

Dont get me wrong, these tools are very useful, but being a mechanic, they arent as useful for me as some of you others because I have a full set of "real" tools nearby. Therefore, I use regular tools over the leatherman unless I have to do something and I have walked away from my tools.

Also, I was wondering what you guys thought about the Surge for camping and outdoors use?

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Re: Surge on regular belt carry?
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:15:57 AM
got used to the weight I belt carry the SURGE in its original nylon sheath plus I also belt carry a finex L2D on its original nylon pouch also. Been doing it for almost everyday yes not kidding even on weekends holidays etc.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:51:12 PM
I carry mine every day, but not on my belt. Though I have belt carried it and it didn't bother me. But like Duckman, I used to belt EDC a maglite and a Supertool 200, so the Surge really does not make much of a difference to me. An extra 2.43 oz is not enough for me to think, "Damn, this Surge is so much heavier than the Supertool 200!"

So it comes down to what you are used to I guess.

I bag carry my Surge most of the time though.
G

us Offline getpower

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:10 PM
Yeah, I carried a ST200 and just pulled it out of its sheath and slipped the Surge right it. It fits great and doesent ride like the leather surge sheath, so I am a little happy about that.

However, I still know its there.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 07:12:19 PM
I gave my Surge to my father in law. Dang thing was exposing more crack than the general public needed to see. The wave is just right in weight. BTW he EDC's it. It's good to see a tool get use you gave away.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline getpower

Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:31:44 PM
See, I dont have that crack problem. It helps not to be too, too much overwieght.

A tiny bit "fluffy" is okay though.

Nah, I'm about 6' 2" at 220 so I am pretty balanced, with a tiny bit of a belly.

No crack showing with the Surge though.

Again though, was gonna try to carry it today, and I took it off my belt half way through the morning and started to pocket clip carry the ALX.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:18:44 PM
I just put a clip on mine and keep it in my pocket
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:21:48 PM
I can carry the SURGE using the clip, in the sheath, or in my pocket without any problems.  :)
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD