Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My wife is a SAKaholic.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
My wife is a SAKaholic.
on: March 04, 2009, 01:59:55 AM
So, a long time ago, when I first started dating my wife, I had her reach into my knife bag and pick out what ever knife she wanted.  Back then I still had a bunch of tacticools, as well as some slipjoints, SAKs, etc.  Well, after careful inspection, she chose my Wenger SI.  Good choice, I thought.  After all, for all their supposed expertise in the sense of valuable things, women usually have no clue when it comes to knives, but she held them all, opened, closed them, and fell for my SI.  I fell for her right then and there.  She further showed her tool savvy by buying me my Leatherman Wave for our 6 month anniversary.  The gifts continued, as well as the proof of her good taste in cutlery, when she bought me a Vic Super Tinker for our one year wedding anniversary.  Oh, how I love this woman of mine.  For all the knives and tools she has bought me, I have never bought her anything.  She has the SI I gave her, and never asked for more, saying she was perfectly content with the one she had.  Well, today, as I went to work, I slid my RED Cadet in her pocket and told her to try that one on for size.  I always thought the Cadet was a better Alox fit for her then the bulky SI, but like a Samurai of old, she would not part with her trusty blade.  Today I just slid mine in her pocket and told her to try it for the day, and off I went.  Well, low and behold, when I called her later, she told me she absolutely loved it.  She said she forgot she had it in her pocket, thin as it is, and loved how much more pocketable it was then the SI.  An I told you so would have been more then appropo on my behalf, but I digress.  She said it was a really cool knife, so as I walked through the door upon returning home from work, I handed her a bag.  In it was a brand new, sparkling GREEN Vic Cadet.  She LOVES it.  She just stared at it for a while, admiring it's lines and colors (a work of art is worth staring at) and, it is my guess, will continue to do so for a long time (as John Keats wrote, a thing of beauty is a joy forever).  She also told me it is the first brand new knife she has ever had.  I may have spoiled her, as a brand new alox Vic is tough to beat, but then again, a knife knut she is not.  As with her marriage, she is monogomous in her knives, so hopefully this will be a loyal companion to her in those times I am not there.  Now I just have to engrave something on it and the gift will be complete. 
I figured, this would be a small thank you for all she has givien me in the time we have been together.
I love that wife of mine.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:04:59 AM by LatinoHeat »

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Re: My wife is a SAKaholic.
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:55:31 AM
You're one lucky man  :tu: :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:07:20 AM
 :o Man that is 1 cool woman you got there LH :tu: and a good story to go with it :cheers: :)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:46:13 AM
She's a keeper alright :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:05:36 AM
Great story.  The Cadet is just a superb size of knife.  My wife has no knowledge about SAKs or knives of any sort but does appreciate the practicalities of a multi.  She carries my PST in the car and a 91mm Gourmet that I put together.  She did buy me a Bijou SAK as a surprise a while ago, but other than that she has to ask first.  A old Compact and a Swisschamp so far.  She has no problem with my buying and modding SAKs just so long as I don't overspend.

A word of warning, Def posted over on the SOSAK site about the difficulties of engraving the coloured alox.  Seems it's prone to chipping.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:13:46 AM
Cool wife LatinoHeat, so when do you plan to give your daughter her first SAK  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Wonderful wife! Congrats you lucky man :cheers:
I think you should smoother her in SAKs, MTs and Sheathed blades (see I'm nice)
because you know she's gonna only pick her fav and the rest will be yours! :D

Micky would like to know if she has any "wacky" sisters, aunts, cousins?

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 06:09:18 PM
 :tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:28 AM
Cool , ya got a keeper !

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00