Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Electrician issue.

ie Offline ed_is_dead

Electrician issue.
on: Today at 12:41:51 AM

Straight out of the box I open and close the tools as you do and notice a very lackluster edge on the main and a section of unsharpened edge on the electrician sheep's foot at the heel of the edge before the wire stripper. The edge on my new pioneer x was crap also...
No big deal and sortable but still a bit annoying and sad, old victorinox didn't come like this.
Also the electricians bottle openers nail nick is nearly fully obscured by the scale, tricky to get at. Had to shim that up. Bit of pattern here and am very interested in seeing how my farmer x is when it lands. If its three for three I'm kinda done with new models.

Anyway, put a hair popping edge on and use it throughout the day and realise there's a dull spot near the tip, actually a burr no less. Lo and behold it's blade rap from closing. It has clearence when closed but when allowed to snap home it just kisses it.

Can't shim the kick as where it hits the backspring has no liners to hold a shim so out with stones to reprofile a mm from the tip area so it doesn't kiss ::)

Sorry for two complaining type posts, I'll be run out of town lol but are these findings typical these days?

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: Electrician issue.
Reply #1 on: Today at 05:28:28 AM
I don't know how typical such things are with Victorinox, as it's been a while since I've had a brand-new SAK. But every so often an imperfection will skate past quality control. It's just the nature of the beast with mass production.
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%