Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit owners club

Dunc · 2921 · 259105

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: Spirit owners club
Reply #1770 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:17 PM
I had one of those S models, but I prefer having the scissors so I got rid of it. I have been wanting a Spirit X to carry because the blade profile is better and more versatile for me, and has scissors. The black is pricey I suppose, but it has been earning it's keep.  :salute:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1771 on: January 15, 2018, 12:29:58 PM
I came very close to carrying the RT a couple of times, but it's probably one of the favorite things I have in my collection, and I'd rather keep it nice. I never did find an extra one to carry for even near a reasonable price. Besides, my original Spirit has always been fine for a user.  :tu:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1772 on: January 15, 2018, 01:52:08 PM
Spirit and CRKT (proof that not all blades that come out of China are junk!)
Spirit-CRKT.jpg
* Spirit-CRKT.jpg (Filesize: 191.57 KB)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #1773 on: January 15, 2018, 01:58:11 PM
Still waiting for the Pilar to arrive in the stores... :envy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #1774 on: January 15, 2018, 02:00:58 PM

Great picture!  :like:

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #1775 on: January 16, 2018, 04:14:43 AM
Opening lunch
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1776 on: January 16, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
Opening lunch

An excellent tool for the Great Indoors too.  :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1777 on: January 16, 2018, 02:05:40 PM
 :salute:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1778 on: January 16, 2018, 08:19:05 PM
opening nuts   :cheers:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1779 on: January 22, 2018, 11:14:09 PM
Excellent pics all :salute: :like:

2018-01-22_09-57-32 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1780 on: January 25, 2018, 02:09:23 AM
0124181414 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

0124181415 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1781 on: January 25, 2018, 02:33:46 PM
a toolbox in your pocket

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1782 on: January 25, 2018, 11:22:34 PM
Spirit and friend.  :salute:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1783 on: January 26, 2018, 02:11:51 PM
so shiny it puts all others to shame

My toys:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #1784 on: January 28, 2018, 02:55:22 PM
 :cheers:
0127180947g.jpg
* 0127180947g.jpg (Filesize: 263.03 KB)
Send In the spartans

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1785 on: January 28, 2018, 04:16:49 PM
:cheers:

It seems like wooden benches and Spirits are made for each other   :D  :cheers:

My toys:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1786 on: January 31, 2018, 02:28:26 PM
Day 43.  :salute:

I think what I like about the Spirit X is the pocketability and tool selection, it's a lot like a SAK, very high quality. The can opener just works, no fiddling around, a proven design. The scissors might be small, but they are very precise and work great. I think the way they are oriented appears to be left hand design, but they really are not, when holding the tool right handed and using your thumb, it's actually the right orientation, and when holding the tool in your left hand and using your index finger, the scissors are properly oriented again. YMMV, but they work well for me in either hand. The chisel/scraper/stripper tool is probably the most useful tool on it for me, and I have not had or seen any other MT that has this handy little thing, on other MTs, I usually (even on SAKs) end up improvising with a flat driver. The full size SwissTools have the chisel thingy too, but the screwdriver/caplifter on those is much thinner and I like to use the heavier one on the Spirit for prying things, it's more stout. The pliers are fine too, and the compactness of the tool overall makes the pliers more useful, you can get the pliers closer to the work because the handles don't limit how flat you can get them to things like other MTs. The pliers are also a good compromise between needlenose and blunt, right in between where they are most useful in most situations. I do prefer the X plain blade to the serrated razor profile for all around use, but if I wanted to carry a traditional folder also, I would probably prefer the standard Spirit blade for versatility. Most of all it's the way it carries, it's slim and smooth, and relatively light weight without giving up any durability or functionality. I have tried pocket and clip carrying other MTs, but they were either very conspicuous with a clip, or felt like they would chew through my pocket because of all the protruding uneven or rough surfaces. Some, like the full size SwissTool, are just too big and heavy to pocket carry, and the smaller MTs that are designed for pocket carry are not as nice or any more useful than a SAK, I'd be better off with a SwissChamp. I know there are varying opinions and needs among us here at MTO, but for me the Spirit hits that sweet spot between dedicated tools and a basic pocket knife.  :)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1787 on: January 31, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Day 43.  :salute:

I think what I like about the Spirit X is the pocketability and tool selection, it's a lot like a SAK, very high quality. The can opener just works, no fiddling around, a proven design. The scissors might be small, but they are very precise and work great. I think the way they are oriented appears to be left hand design, but they really are not, when holding the tool right handed and using your thumb, it's actually the right orientation, and when holding the tool in your left hand and using your index finger, the scissors are properly oriented again. YMMV, but they work well for me in either hand. The chisel/scraper/stripper tool is probably the most useful tool on it for me, and I have not had or seen any other MT that has this handy little thing, on other MTs, I usually (even on SAKs) end up improvising with a flat driver. The full size SwissTools have the chisel thingy too, but the screwdriver/caplifter on those is much thinner and I like to use the heavier one on the Spirit for prying things, it's more stout. The pliers are fine too, and the compactness of the tool overall makes the pliers more useful, you can get the pliers closer to the work because the handles don't limit how flat you can get them to things like other MTs. The pliers are also a good compromise between needlenose and blunt, right in between where they are most useful in most situations. I do prefer the X plain blade to the serrated razor profile for all around use, but if I wanted to carry a traditional folder also, I would probably prefer the standard Spirit blade for versatility. Most of all it's the way it carries, it's slim and smooth, and relatively light weight without giving up any durability or functionality. I have tried pocket and clip carrying other MTs, but they were either very conspicuous with a clip, or felt like they would chew through my pocket because of all the protruding uneven or rough surfaces. Some, like the full size SwissTool, are just too big and heavy to pocket carry, and the smaller MTs that are designed for pocket carry are not as nice or any more useful than a SAK, I'd be better off with a SwissChamp. I know there are varying opinions and needs among us here at MTO, but for me the Spirit hits that sweet spot between dedicated tools and a basic pocket knife.  :)

very well put,
I agree  :cheers:
My toys:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1788 on: January 31, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
Thanks Peacent.  :cheers:

Offline Jan178

Reply #1789 on: February 09, 2018, 06:47:14 PM
Hi! A first time poster/long time lurker here! Sorry for my english for starters, i´m from Finland   :drink:

Got my Spirit 6 months ago to replace my Gerber MP400 that served me well about 15 years. Still usable but the blades are getting too sharpened and grinded.
Balancing between Leatherman and a new Gerber, a local hardwarestore had a sale including Spirit for about 60$ that happened to be just the top of my budget. So, no hesitation, i went and bought it! And, without regretting, grew into it for 6 months.

Fine, you need good nails to get the blades out (in my Gerber they fell on they own) and being quite slippery it sometimes needs an extra focus on the job, yet can´t but admire how finely the Spirit is made. Everything snaps and the tool won´t bend while working.

Also the toolset seems to be well thought, there just is a tool when you need. For example, my most used tool in Gerber (except the pliers) was the can opener. It is a nice screwdriver, in fact many occasions better than the real ones in it, and a great prying tool. Actually, Gerber can opener is great for everything but opening any kind of can!  8)
With Vic, there is a well placed tool for variety of jobs. And being a carpenter/handyman i just love the awl and chisel!

Nice forum by the way, and i´ll look happily forward for years to come with Spirit by my side!

Ps. ...and shots from finishing my new speaker stands, the plugs were too long, didn´t find a 10mm drill, and who needs a sawblade in MT??!!  :cheers: 

IMG_20180209_174457408b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr

IMG_20180209_175024722b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr

IMG_20180209_200140944b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:15:07 PM by Jan178 »

Offline Jan178

Reply #1790 on: February 09, 2018, 06:55:20 PM
a toolbox in your pocket

Hey, i too have an Opinel with me!

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #1791 on: February 10, 2018, 01:00:37 AM
Hi! A first time poster/long time lurker here! Sorry for my english for starters, i´m from Finland   :drink:

Got my Spirit 6 months ago to replace my Gerber MP400 that served me well about 15 years. Still usable but the blades are getting too sharpened and grinded.
Balancing between Leatherman and a new Gerber, a local hardwarestore had a sale including Spirit for about 60$ that happened to be just the top of my budget. So, no hesitation, i went and bought it! And, without regretting, grew into it for 6 months.

Fine, you need good nails to get the blades out (in my Gerber they fell on they own) and being quite slippery it sometimes needs an extra focus on the job, yet can´t but admire how finely the Spirit is made. Everything snaps and the tool won´t bend while working.

Also the toolset seems to be well thought, there just is a tool when you need. For example, my most used tool in Gerber (except the pliers) was the can opener. It is a nice screwdriver, in fact many occasions better than the real ones in it, and a great prying tool. Actually, Gerber can opener is great for everything but opening any kind of can!  8)
With Vic, there is a well placed tool for variety of jobs. And being a carpenter/handyman i just love the awl and chisel!

Nice forum by the way, and i´ll look happily forward for years to come with Spirit by my side!

Ps. ...and shots from finishing my new speaker stands, the plugs were too long, didn´t find a 10mm drill, and who needs a sawblade in MT??!!  :cheers: 

IMG_20180209_174457408b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr

IMG_20180209_175024722b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr

IMG_20180209_200140944b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr

Welcome! I really like that last picture!  :tu:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1792 on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
]Jani Fofonoff[/url], on Flickr

welcome aboard!
You'll be very well here at MT.org. Coming from Gerber's MP400, you're a wise man  :D

the Spirit is really the peak of modern MTs! We had a 30 Day Spirit only challenge in the General forum this January. Nice thoughts and pics and uses of it!  :cheers:

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:32:51 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1793 on: February 12, 2018, 03:10:52 PM
My toys:

Offline Jan178

Reply #1794 on: February 13, 2018, 08:07:26 PM
Thanks all!

]Jani Fofonoff[/url], on Flickr

welcome aboard!
You'll be very well here at MT.org. Coming from Gerber's MP400, you're a wise man  :D

the Spirit is really the peak of modern MTs! We had a 30 Day Spirit only challenge in the General forum this January. Nice thoughts and pics and uses of it!  :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yep, been reading the 30 Day Spirit for last, well, 20 days  :D

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1795 on: February 16, 2018, 07:40:22 PM

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1796 on: February 16, 2018, 08:52:46 PM

us Offline twiliter

Reply #1797 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:09 PM

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1798 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:49 PM
Oh I'd like a black Spirit... The silly thing is I bought several when they were reasonably cheap and they all got sold or given away. And now if I want one they cost like twice as much!

Oh well, I still have this beauty.
Nomad-Spirit.jpg
* Nomad-Spirit.jpg (Filesize: 288.13 KB)

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #1799 on: February 18, 2018, 04:43:26 AM
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:22:43 AM by Vadim »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41