Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit owners club

Dunc · 2891 · 255858

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Spirit owners club
Reply #90 on: April 24, 2009, 03:45:58 AM
Oh and hey~ if Jsews is reading this thread...

Any chance of getting mine modded with a clip?  I like it, and it may rival the Charge, but only if I can ditch the sheath and clip it to a pocket.

:-\

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: April 24, 2009, 12:55:58 PM
what do you think of the sheath?  :D

Lol!

Perhaps we should get a poll going - "Spirit sheath - love it or hate it..."

us Offline Buzzbait

Reply #92 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:25 PM

Lol!

Too much confusion. My guess is that most people who don't like the Spirit sheath must have one of the versions with the extra accessories. It's impossible not to like the simple small "Spirit Only" leather sheath.
--
'Buzz

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #93 on: April 24, 2009, 03:55:11 PM

Lol!

Too much confusion. My guess is that most people who don't like the Spirit sheath must have one of the versions with the extra accessories. It's impossible not to like the simple small "Spirit Only" leather sheath.

+1 :tu:
A

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #94 on: April 24, 2009, 07:36:27 PM

Lol!

+1 :tu:

+2 :tu: Its a great little sheath . I like the nylon one too .

Dunc

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #95 on: April 24, 2009, 07:54:59 PM
I've done a couple of threads in the past about the Swisstool so I thought I'd start one about the Spirit . I will try and include as many facts as I can and as the thread grows then perhaps you guys may be able to add to it and any gaps we can ask Victorinox direct for info .

There are three main models in the Spirit range , these are

Std with scissors and blunt tip wavy edge blade ( butter knife as we've come to call it )   Model number  3.0227.   ( U.S 53800 )

S model with plain edge blade instead of scissors . Model number 3.0223. ( U.S 53809 )

New model with plain edge blade instead of blunt tipped wavy edge blade .Model number 3.0224 ( Not available in the U.S yet) Until now. here it is U.S. Model #53814 Designated the Spirit X:

Dunc

* Vic Spirit X.jpg (Filesize: 24.62 KB)
T

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #96 on: April 24, 2009, 08:04:07 PM
Thanks Tim  :tu:  I've added it to my original post . I think theres going to be a few happy people soon  :D

Dunc

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #97 on: April 24, 2009, 08:08:52 PM
The spirit has quality written all over it. Mine is with rachet and the sheat is a little "Boxy" (Misspelled?) Grreat Tool and fantastic "snap" it gives when U fold it... :D

us Offline Buzzbait

Reply #98 on: April 24, 2009, 08:11:00 PM
Ummmmm...... Spirit X........ Looks positively XXX to me.   :drool: :drool: :drool: :gimme:
--
'Buzz

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #99 on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:52 PM

It's horrible. Sort of brown and black nylon on the outside, plastic on the inside.

It works fine, it just looks horrible.
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: April 24, 2009, 10:02:19 PM
I've done a couple of threads in the past about the Swisstool so I thought I'd start one about the Spirit . I will try and include as many facts as I can and as the thread grows then perhaps you guys may be able to add to it and any gaps we can ask Victorinox direct for info .

Std with scissors and blunt tip wavy edge blade ( butter knife as we've come to call it )   Model number  3.0227.   ( U.S 53800 )

S model with plain edge blade instead of scissors . Model number 3.0223. ( U.S 53809 )

New model with plain edge blade instead of blunt tipped wavy edge blade .Model number 3.0224 ( Not available in the U.S yet) Until now. here it is U.S. Model #53814 Designated the Spirit X:

Dunc

That is tempting :)
Prone to daydreaming.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: April 25, 2009, 04:19:01 PM

Std with scissors and blunt tip wavy edge blade ( butter knife as we've come to call it )   Model number  3.0227.   ( U.S 53800 )

Dunc

That is tempting :)

Thats not tempting , It's the answer to amaiden's prayer !

Me want badly !

Chris

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #102 on: April 25, 2009, 09:21:59 PM
Thanks Tim  :tu:  I've added it to my original post . I think theres going to be a few happy people soon  :D

Dunc

Yes, I definitely need one of these  :gimme:
Gabba gabba hey!!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: April 25, 2009, 10:37:10 PM
Tim , when ya gonna have em in stock ?

Chris

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #104 on: April 25, 2009, 11:05:47 PM
Tim , when ya gonna have em in stock ?

Chris
:gimme: Got 'em now but they're going fast. $70. PayPal to: fveap@earthlink.net 
T

Offline DannyZRC

Reply #105 on: April 26, 2009, 04:26:19 AM
considering joining the spirit owners club, have 3 questions before jumping in though.

1) is there a solution for driving bits with the tool(I know about the + kit with driver wrench)? I know the leatherman universal adapter will work, but is there any way to solve for something that slides over one of the tool's drivers that any of you know about?

2) how do the scissors on the spirit compare with the scissors for example on a 58mm SAK? or 91mm?

3)what's the thickness of the prybar/screwdriver/bottle opener tool? Is it really a beefy thing or is it marketing guff?

thanks! :)

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #106 on: April 26, 2009, 04:39:48 AM
Hey Danny, the Spirit's a good tool. I don't think I know of anything that slips over the tools drivers- the LM removable bit driver doesn't work. The scissors are okay.. The only bad thing is that there is no possible way to sharpen them. I don't have the exact dimensions, but the prybar etc implement is quite thick.
B

us Offline Buzzbait

Reply #107 on: April 26, 2009, 04:42:21 AM
1) is there a solution for driving bits with the tool(I know about the + kit with driver wrench)? I know the leatherman universal adapter will work, but is there any way to solve for something that slides over one of the tool's drivers that any of you know about?

Not that I know of.

2) how do the scissors on the spirit compare with the scissors for example on a 58mm SAK? or 91mm?

The Spirit scissors are probably stronger than either the scissors of a 58mm or a 91mm SAK. I find them to be less useful than the 91mm SAK scissors, but more useful than 58mm SAK scissors.

3)what's the thickness of the prybar/screwdriver/bottle opener tool? Is it really a beefy thing or is it marketing guff?

Mine measured out to be .111 inches. It is pretty beefy. But like any folding tool, the tool is only as strong as the pivot, so it will never be a strong as a dedicated prybar of the same type of steel.
--
'Buzz

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: April 26, 2009, 06:24:23 AM
I find that the Leatherman Universal Tool Adapter works well , plus the fact that it uses 1/4" hex biys is a real bonus . Slip over adapters are pretty are no stronger than that which they slip over . The other advantage of the UTA is that it can drive straight , 45 and 90 degrees .

The scissors work well , weird looking but no complaints .

Chris

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: April 26, 2009, 06:38:28 AM
The scissors blades on both my  Spirits fit so closely together that I find they occasionally bind after cutting stuff. A little annoying, but not a big problem. Anyone else find this?
Gabba gabba hey!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
Reply #110 on: April 26, 2009, 07:09:04 AM
The Spirit gets an honourable mention where I work over the last couple of days. We've been having a bit of a refit, removing old panelling and fitting gun locks to the wall. The Spirit came in handy for pulling a multitude of old rawl plugs out, and general cutting duties. The long screws for the gun locks were driven in by the rechargeable drill, we'd have been there all night with the Spirit's phillips driver or indeed a LM driver  :)
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #111 on: April 26, 2009, 07:48:21 AM
Danny the idea of an adapter that fits over the tool isn't always a good idea . Victorinox got it right by having a seperate one because the idea is if you need to hold a nut/bolt with a screw on the end you use the adapter in the other hand ,  your not going to be able to do it with the driver attached to the tool .

Dunc

Offline DannyZRC

Reply #112 on: May 10, 2009, 10:31:38 AM
yet another bit driving query!

has anyone tried the LM flat double ended bits in the plus drivers? especially the ratchet?

I've quasi joined the spirit owners club, I bought one and my girlfriend has snatched it up(look for a juice CS4 up for sale when it gets back from LM).

I love the spirit so much I'm getting another for myself, but I want to sort out how I'll drive the LM bits in my 'kit'

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:00 AM
yet another bit driving query!

has anyone tried the LM flat double ended bits in the plus drivers? especially the ratchet?

I've quasi joined the spirit owners club, I bought one and my girlfriend has snatched it up(look for a juice CS4 up for sale when it gets back from LM).

I love the spirit so much I'm getting another for myself, but I want to sort out how I'll drive the LM bits in my 'kit'

Doesn't work, they flop around all over the place.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 11:59:08 AM
Not quite. They do flop in the ratchet part but they work just fine with the extension. You juts have to put them in such a way that the extension holder spring engages their side. Plus I'm not sure but I have the impression that the LM bit extender will also fit the ratchet just fine.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:03:02 PM by noth »

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #115 on: May 10, 2009, 12:02:18 PM
Trust me to do only half a job  :oops:

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #116 on: May 10, 2009, 12:07:31 PM
They won't fit in yours? :think: They won't work with the ratchet alone as there is not enough spring tension to hold them still, but they work with the ratchet extension. You just have to put them in the right way. Of the three possible orientations (being a flat bit it means they only have 2 of the 6 edges) you just have to use the one that makes the edge of the bit stand against the protruding part of the holder spring. I'm using that setup for a couple of weeks and didn't have any problem so far. I checked with the L-shaped one as well. It's the same thing. Of course the fit is not the same as if having a real six-edged bit but at least they won't fall out and in a pinch you can do your job.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:47:09 PM by noth »

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #117 on: May 17, 2009, 05:52:27 AM
My Spirit X arrived , I'm very pleased with it , will it displace the Standard Spirit/ Farmer combo ? Only time will tell . A buddy of mine and I did a mini group buy , he got a black rescue tool , I got the Spirit X . He instantly fell in love with the belt cutter on the rescue tool , I'm very happy with the Spirit .

Chris

Offline Aero

Reply #118 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:04 AM
Soon I'm joining this clique because I only need about ten dollars before I can pay for a Spirit X. I'm so excited!

Offline Luxor

Reply #119 on: June 01, 2009, 06:15:12 PM
Couldnt resist. Just ordered a something called "SwissTool Spirit Plus Multi-Tool 53802". It seems to have serrated blade (that is it only con), scissors and leather pouch. Now only have to wait and then hide it from wifey  :twak:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%