Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need help to identify a multitool

Offline Muschen

• New User
Need help to identify a multitool
on: March 08, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
Hello, i went to my grandparents house yesterday and found a multitool that looks like a swiss army knife. It says that its made in Germany on the blade and has a symbol of a Whale i think, or maybe some other fish. I would like to know if anyone know any information about it? I really like the tool, its very light and has a thin blade so i would like to use it on a daily basis if its not worth too much. therefore i would also like to know the best way to clean it without taking it apart, because that seems pretty hard.

Thanks!
/Mats Jonsson
kniv.jpg
* kniv.jpg (Filesize: 75.78 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Need help to identify a multitool
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:07 PM
Greetings Muschen!

Your knife was likely made in Solingen Germany. There were/are many small knifemakers located in that city. I do not know the name of the company that used the whale logo. However, I do see similar knives as yours listed for sale on eBay. This one for instance, with a broken corkscrew;

Close up picture of whale:

Judging by the sale price of this one and others I see listed, it doesn't appear as if your knife is worth a great deal of money. :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLINGEN-WHALE-FOLDING-BLADE-POCKET-KNIFE-Multi-tool_W0QQitemZ350033199457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350033199457

Probably it would be best served as a user and as a sentimental reminder of your grandparents. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:16:18 PM
Don't Richartz use a whale?

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:33:02 PM
Don't Richartz use a whale?

Neil
Give that man a cigar! Richartz does use a whale for a logo.I don't when that particular style was in use,the whale has changed some over the years.
I

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 11:04:49 PM
I think I remember seeing an old GAK with a whale on the tang...not sure though :think:
[

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 02:38:51 AM
I think I remember seeing an old GAK with a whale on the tang...not sure though :think:
I think you maybe thinking of Adler,they used an eagle,but Richartz might have made some GAK clones.I really don't think anybody will ever be able to track down all the makers of GAKs.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD