Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your favorite restaurant?

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Re: What's your favorite restaurant?
Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:03 AM
Ok, so its a chain but Famous Dave's has great ribs.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 01:03:07 PM
Ok, so its a chain but Famous Dave's has great ribs.

I like that place.  Ironically, I like their beer battered cod :tu:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 02:00:14 PM
Bâton Rouge in downtown Toronto. I've only been there a couple of times but it has the best ribs I've ever tasted.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:20 AM
Honestly chaps, you won't regret it - they are a bargain. Over on EDCF folks talked a very similar pair available over there that were at least twice the price.

They are one of my favourite EDC trinkets.... you know you want them...  :pok:

They're

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 06:39:55 PM
lets see... the Basque Sidreria's (cider house) here in North Spain have great food and drink... it's an experience worth having at least a few times, more if possible! I can definitely recommend Chuleton (a large steak) it's my new fav steak...

I love going from bar to bar for Pinchos (small finger food, kinda like sample sized) in San Sebastian really, there are tons of things to try, and it's really a wide variety of both hot and cold delicacies to tantalize your palate.

here's one such bar (there are piles of different ones!)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 06:43:46 PM
Wow, fast work  :cheers:

Honestly chaps, you won't regret it - they are a bargain. Over on EDCF folks talked a very similar pair available over there that were at least twice the price.

They are one of my favourite EDC trinkets.... you know you want them...  :pok:

They're (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Neil
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 06:49:35 PM
"hasta la pasta" an italian food restaurant here in san pedro sula, honduras

they serv a dish called "steak inferno" a cut of good juice steak with pepper sauce, fries and fetuccini alfredo.........boy im hungry already, its been i while now :drool:
A

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 04:30:56 PM
Today's Dirty Dozen Thread Necro is not tool related, but a part of MTO history, and where the Mint Chocolate Chip running joke started.

Nikko, aka Leatherman123 is no longer a member here, so I debated on whether to bring this back up, but since it is still used today I figured it was worth it.

For those not familiar, LM123 was a 14 year old kid pretending to be a 28 year old police officer so that people would take him seriously- which of course no one did.  He started a lot of threads that were along the lines of "what is your favorite ________?"  One of the more common ones was about ice cream, and he always said that mint chocolate chip was his favorite.  Hawkchucker, who passed away about 4 years ago would always ride LM123 by responding with mint chocolate chip to many of his threads.

Another LM123 classic that still exists on the forum is the comment about something falling off the side of the boat.  He had claimed to have many knives and tools but could not photograph them because his camera fell off the side of the boat when he was fishing.  Then the tools and knives started falling off the side of the boat.  Soon anything that anyone doubted the existence of was referred to as having fallen off the side of the boat.   :D

Wherever Nikko is these days, I hope he is doing well.  Yeah, he was a bit annoying, but which of us weren't at that age?  If any of you insist that you weren't a pain in the butt in your teens, then don't worry, I won't shatter your delusions!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 09:08:33 PM
Regardless, Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite.

And I was an absolute angel at the age of 14.....except that time I pushed my friend off the side of the sailboat. But that's another story for another time.....

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 10:00:17 PM
Ok, I'm going all posh with this one but I've been here a few times and it never disappoints. Just don't go there too often

https://www.belmond.com/hotels/europe/uk/oxfordshire/belmond-le-manoir-aux-quat-saisons/
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #40 on: July 15, 2018, 12:44:35 AM
Today's Dirty Dozen Thread Necro is not tool related, but a part of MTO history, and where the Mint Chocolate Chip running joke started.

Nikko, aka Leatherman123 is no longer a member here, so I debated on whether to bring this back up, but since it is still used today I figured it was worth it.

For those not familiar, LM123 was a 14 year old kid pretending to be a 28 year old police officer so that people would take him seriously- which of course no one did.  He started a lot of threads that were along the lines of "what is your favorite ________?"  One of the more common ones was about ice cream, and he always said that mint chocolate chip was his favorite.  Hawkchucker, who passed away about 4 years ago would always ride LM123 by responding with mint chocolate chip to many of his threads.

Another LM123 classic that still exists on the forum is the comment about something falling off the side of the boat.  He had claimed to have many knives and tools but could not photograph them because his camera fell off the side of the boat when he was fishing.  Then the tools and knives started falling off the side of the boat.  Soon anything that anyone doubted the existence of was referred to as having fallen off the side of the boat.   :D

Wherever Nikko is these days, I hope he is doing well.  Yeah, he was a bit annoying, but which of us weren't at that age?  If any of you insist that you weren't a pain in the butt in your teens, then don't worry, I won't shatter your delusions!  :D

Def

I wondered why an LM123 thread showed up again!
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 07:43:12 AM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #42 on: July 15, 2018, 07:44:25 AM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 02:18:51 PM
Ok, I'm going all posh with this one but I've been here a few times and it never disappoints. Just don't go there too often

https://www.belmond.com/hotels/europe/uk/oxfordshire/belmond-le-manoir-aux-quat-saisons/

I clicked on the link and a popup appeared that said "don't bother, you can't afford it you manky git."

:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #44 on: July 15, 2018, 02:37:35 PM

I clicked on the link and a popup appeared that said "don't bother, you can't afford it you manky git."

Def

I do quite like Raymond Blanc, but he does come out with some right twaddle - "I like to wander among the dewy orchards [nude] first thing in the morning; it often inspires the day’s menu".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:38:57 PM by Fuzzbucket »

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

Def

Oddly it's not as expensive as some other I could mention in London, but it's not cheap

I do quite like Raymond Blanc, but he does come out with some right twaddle - "I like to wander among the dewy orchards [nude] first thing in the morning; it often inspires the day’s menu".

That he does, but he's French and at least the food's good  :whistle: (runs for cover)
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 03:59:06 PM

Def

Oddly it's not as expensive as some other I could mention in London, but it's not cheap

That he does, but he's French and at least the food's good  :whistle: (runs for cover)

Indeed, didn't he get into a spot of bother a while back for food poisoning undercooking stuff that shouldn't really be erm... undercooked?  :whistle:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:03:01 PM by Fuzzbucket »

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 04:28:41 PM

Def

Indeed, didn't he get into a spot of bother a while back for food poisoning undercooking stuff that shouldn't really be erm... undercooked?  :whistle:

Yeh that was at Brasserie Blanc and it was lamb's liver iirc

england Offline Kev D

Reply #48 on: July 15, 2018, 11:30:29 PM
My favourite is a family run pub near me called The Bird in the Barley.   It's has a small bar and the rest of it is a restaurant. Really great food.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #49 on: July 15, 2018, 11:32:02 PM
My favourite is a family run pub near me called The Bird in the Barley.   It's has a small bar and the rest of it is a restaurant. Really great food.

Always great to find a pub with good food :tu:

None near me anymore

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: July 16, 2018, 01:31:45 AM
If we are being serious here, I'll pick Smitty's Meat Market in Lockhart, Texas, USA.

Might not be the best barbecue ever, but the atmosphere is irreplaceable. And the BBQ is damn good, grease running down your arms good.  :drool:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 04:08:13 AM
I won't say it was my favorite resturant. But it was probably the best one I've ever been at. Sadly, its been a long time, and I know it's closed so the name has fallen out of my brain.

They would do a fish fry with catch of the day, oysters and/or scallops, clams and shrimp (and you if you told them  you couldn't do shrimp, you got more clams), and french fries that were very crispy on the outside but soft inside. It came in about a quart and a ahlf bucket, less than half fries, with a quartered lemon, and it was cheap.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 04:54:36 AM
The Weatherspoons pub in town.  OK, not a restaurant but they do a tasty bean burger, chips and a pint of John Smith's all in for a fiver.  Unless I go in on curry night then its the Red pepper, spinach and chick pea curry, rice and naan (good size portions) plus pint of the same, again for a fiver.

I'm a simple man :D

Neil

My kind of place.. Sign me up

My favorite place to go is Mission BBQ. Good food, always good service and their mission statement is top notch! :tu:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD