Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SwissCard blade

Offline Ninjaz

SwissCard blade
on: March 11, 2009, 06:12:21 PM
Today I played with my SwissCards and I just notice something that I never notice before - The blade of the SwissCard isn't the same - it changed over the years:

The blue one (sorry don't got ruby yet) is the old style blade.
The red one is the new style blade.

You can see that the blue one (old style) contains about 64/65mm blade and the sharp side is down while the red blade (new style) 55mm, the sharp side is up (different direction then the old style) and the new style there is the "end of the blade" (not sure how to name it) the old style the "end of the blade" is cover with plastic.
I am not sure when they switch from the old style to the new style. I look on other SwissCards that I have and the old style found in the 1997 SwissCard (Gray/red with no protractor), old Quattro SwissCard (btw I still looking for ruby quattro if anyone have) and the Dr. SwissCard - they are not transparent but according to the side of the sharp side and not see "the end of the blade" I can say they are the same style. The new style I could find in the SwissCard Lite (that I bought in 2003) and in two new SwissCard classics.
I also look on few catalogs and it seems that on 2003 when they release the SwissCard lite the picture of the SwissCard lite have the new style blade while the other cards still got the old style blade. So maybe they change the blade style when release the SwissCard lite or maybe before and just use old pictures in the catalogs. I really don't know.

Anyone got 74mm vic sak and can measure the length of the blade – maybe they used 74mm blade to make swisscard blade back then – it really look like a part from a vic sak.

Well that’s my latest discovery in the history of the SwissCards and now I need to get one more swisscard (or at least swisscard blade) to my collection  :D (because I want ruby old style blade - don't you love red)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:28:24 PM by ninjaz »
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: SwissCard blade
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:44:21 PM
I never knew that :)

Great spot :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline crls1

• I do Exist!!!!
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:52 PM
And the tang in the old style blade is longer....

Carlos
(

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:36:13 AM
I have a ruby old style blade.
0070 (Custom).jpg
* 0070 (Custom).jpg (Filesize: 120.15 KB)

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:49:07 PM
well looking at the pics it looks like the old one was the blade from a SAK (74mm maybe?) and the new blade was made for the card

:oops: Power flash for no reason mid-post :think:

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31