Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

What Rescue Tool do you use, and why? 25676

Sr. Member Posts: 307
Re: What Rescue Tool do you use, and why?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
im a technical rescuer and a wilderness search and rescue tech.. in my rescue gear I keep a ST300 and a ZREX . ive used them to get people out of cars on more than one occasion.  :multi:

If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author
Jr. Member Posts: 79
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »
I always carry and use nautical knife. Features include a marlin spike, blade, bottle opener, shackle key and a scale. Very easy to carry and use.

My never ending love for tomahawks
No Life Club Posts: 1,987
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
I bought the Vic Rescue tool after viewing their video.This tool addresses many of the uses a rescue tool may be required to perform.No tool is perfect in every situation but not having any tool is the worst case scenario.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**
Full Member Posts: 179
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:34 AM »
I carry a Leatherman Raptor along with me for my outdoors.

If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!
Newbie Posts: 15
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »
I got the Vic Rescue Tool only a month ago. I like the keenness of the edges. I was a bit skeptical of the curved blade, but 11 days ago I cut the shirt off a Pt to get the Defib pads on him. It worked like a treat. Way easier than shears.
This is a nice tool.
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 31,363
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2015, 03:11:17 PM »
I got the Vic Rescue Tool only a month ago. I like the keenness of the edges. I was a bit skeptical of the curved blade, but 11 days ago I cut the shirt off a Pt to get the Defib pads on him. It worked like a treat. Way easier than shears.
This is a nice tool.

What's in the third sheath?
Full Member Posts: 179
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2015, 07:42:07 AM »
Earlier I was not used to carry any rescue tools. But for multiple applications, I consider the Leatherman MICRA for my EDC use.

If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!
Newbie Posts: 15
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »
This is a nice tool.

What's in the third sheath?

Thats the extra bits and tools that fit in the Surge.
Jr. Member Posts: 84
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 09:41:32 PM »
Windshield are laminated and wouldn't break into little pieces and fly off, go ahead and document with video cam.  :)

I'm not a fan of those spring loaded thingy thou, I'd rather have a carbide tip on back of my knife handle, bet I can smack it a lot harder than the spring can. Too bad I've yet to come across a knife I like with it.

what about the boker tech tool?

all of them have a glass breaker on them and come in black or olive
Newbie Posts: 13
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »
Victorinox rescue tool for me.
We also use it at the fire station as well...

Jim

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $131.00
PayPal Fees: $8.08
Net Balance: $122.92
Below Goal: $152.08
Site Currency: USD
45% 
October Donations

Community Links