Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is it just me...?

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: Is it just me...?
Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28:34 PM
Dunc,

That plank that you've walked yourself out there on doesn't look too safe.  I appreciate your guts, but I can see somebody with another multitool saw starting to eye the near end of that plank.  ;)

Tom

I'll be waiting  ;) The only way I could be in trouble is if they use another Swisstool  :P

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 06:30:49 PM
Wow, that was more coat hanger cuts than I've ever made with any one tool. Is there any sign of "notching" on the cutting surfaces of either one?

No notching at all  :) Both tools came out of it unmarked . Even looked at them through a magnifying glass .

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 06:35:53 PM
That poor hanger didn't stand a chance!

Was it that you were more used to the feel of the SwissTool, or that it was a better cutter that allowed so many, and faster cuts with it?

And did you feel the compound leverage made any difference?

Def

Youve raised a couple of good points here that I hadnt thought about , yes I am more used to the Swisstool but I found that due to the compound leverage on the Sog you had to open the handles a bit further to fit the wire in and that made it harder to get my hand round the handles and because of this it had a negative effect on the compound leverage as I had to overstrech my fingers and it seemed like I had to use more pressure . They still worked fine though as you can see .
  Glad you liked the OHT  ;)

Dunc

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 05:21:56 AM
I've got answers to the questions on the first page.

Why don't they use better steel? I, personally, don't see anything wrong about their steel.
Why have their designs changed so little over the past __ years? They don't need to change! The design is excellent.
Why don't they offer different blade shapes? They do.
Why are their tools so slick in the hand? I'm not so sure what you mean by that, maybe it's the oil?
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD