Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Squirt S4

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Squirt S4
on: March 28, 2007, 05:41:57 PM
I just got my first one last week and dang is this thing cool!

I've been carrying it with me almost everywhere in a small kydex rig I got from On Scene Tactical and I don't know what I ever did without it.

Anyone else have one?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Re: Squirt S4
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:37:15 PM
I have an S4 & P4 & carried one or the other all last year before I got to thinking I needed bigger tools & you guys got me interested in SAK's again.  ;)

Tom

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:09:43 PM
I got the S4 for my wife, since it has a nail file, tweezers and scissors for its main tool. It is a briliant little tool, love the way they have the folding design in such a compact package, and I actually like the scissors a lot, they feel so sturdy (even though they havent been put to any stern test yet). My brother uses the P4 i believe (the one with the pliers) and I was considering getting my dad the one with the wire strippers main tool, since he does electrical work from time to time. I think they are perhaps the most useful tools leatherman makes because of their extreme portability.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:49:07 PM
Why do you suppose they gave the S4 removeable tweezers, but not the P4?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 12:08:43 AM
Does the p4 not have tweezers at all? if so I can only guess its a space issue, with them wanting to put a different tool on the p4. I dunno, i get the distinct impression the s4 is aimed at women.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 04:24:30 AM
There was a Squirt model or two that actually was aimed at women.  They had pink handles...

And watch what you say about nail files- I don't go anywhere without mine! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 07:24:54 AM
fair enough Def  :D but do you use a normal 'manly' multi-purpose file as a nail file, or a specific 'girly' nail file as a nail file?  :P

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:05:23 AM
Hmm, anyone also have the SOG crosscut? How does that compare to the S4? Are there any other equivalent small tools with scissors produced by gerber for example?

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 12:26:19 PM
I use the "girly" nail file for my guitar nails - thank you very much. ;)

Tom

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 01:16:36 PM
I am gonna have to take the girly label also, mostly because I find the "manly" file far too harsh... where's a swooning smiley when you need it?! :P

They may be girly files, but they are on manly tools- that's my story and I am sticking to it!

I have a CrossCut too, but I can't do a direct comparison because it's on sabbatical right now...

I will say that one of the sturdiest "small tool" scissors I have handles is on the Gerber Solstice, which is built much like the SwissTech stuff (hunks of solid steel riveted together) but then it doesn't really have alot of other tools with it.  Great for someone who needs a good scissor and occasionally a screwdriver, but that's about it.

Def

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:30:00 PM
hmm this has got me thinking, an interesting comparision can be made which i dont think has been looked at before. Going to start a new thread in the 'general tool discussion' forum.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 04:58:07 PM
Kinda silly of me to talk about how handy the little bugger is, especially in the nice OS/T sheath without posting a pic!

Def
Sq06.JPG
* Sq06.JPG (Filesize: 31.09 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%