Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: What did you just get?
« Last post by ReamerPunch on Today at 01:55:23 PM »
I got the new Roxon KS with replaceable blades. The blade cannot be opened with one hand. The thumb hole is too deep in the handle. :-\
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: See-through Sunday
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 01:49:07 PM »
    I see there were some nice posts made after I signed off yesterday.  Blue seems to be one of the more popular colors.  No big deal about the pie, Tuisto.  We made do with the simulated chocolate covered cookies. 
    I have been waiting for some mail to get here.  Seems like it is taking a long time in transit from Greenville, SC.  I asked why.  It seems the little girl that takes packages from Greenville to Asheville, NC had her bicycle stolen.  She is using her backup skateboard until the post office can buy her a new one.  There was a rumor her new bicycle requirement was the reason for postal rates going up. 
     Okay, it was me who started the rumor.  I pretty well got caught up with mowing.  The Cub cranked a little slowly last time I used it.  Might be battery time.  I plugged it in the charger yestiddy.  We will see.  Best wishes.  G
 :D
Keychain and One Piece Tools / Re: MRF card multitool and EDC gear
« Last post by zoidberg on Today at 01:37:48 PM »
Very cool. Easy to see you've put a lot of work into these.   :cheers:

I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to wallets but I'll be giving these a good looking at.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by MTSAK on Today at 01:27:45 PM »
Day 12 of 30:
Didn't take any pictures yesterday, but this little baby was put through the ringer opening popsicles for the kids. It was our 2nd 80° day of the year, and they ate just about every popsicle we had!
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Jeffjeeptj on Today at 01:02:43 PM »
Getting ready to trim my mustache.

IMG_3630.jpg
* IMG_3630.jpg (Filesize: 206.02 KB)
Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: Show Us Your EDC gear!!!
« Last post by Heywood Floyd on Today at 01:01:17 PM »
Of course.
Here is my personal one in my pocket. in a wallet with credit cards.
This is the first prototype of Universal 3.0 cerakote.
I've been wearing it for 4-5+ years now. Of course there is wear and tear.

When I took my family away from the front line from Nikolaev in the first days of the war, we opened canned food, cut sandwiches, etc.

PXL_20240513_095846453.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
* PXL_20240513_095846453.PORTRAIT~2.jpg (Filesize: 348.84 KB)

PXL_20240513_095858525.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
* PXL_20240513_095858525.PORTRAIT~2.jpg (Filesize: 286.57 KB)

Keychain and One Piece Tools / Re: MRF card multitool and EDC gear
« Last post by zoidberg on Today at 11:45:38 AM »
Have you got a pic of your personal used one?
Other important stuff:

Knots

For years I used the same couple basic knots for everything.
Worked okay for relaxed casual type fishing.
Didn't work for bigger fish though so I began learning and testing more knots.

You need patience when researching knots and focus when tying them.
Watching youtube can be very confusing as one person will wrap to the left and another to the right.
Everyone will say their knot is correct or better which may be true for them but not for you.

I test knots head to head until breaking for all the lines that I'm using.
One might be stronger on 60lb but not on 6lb or it might be harder to tie on 60lb but not on 6lb.
If two knots are similar in strength then I'll usually go with the one that is easier to tie.

Most of my setups are monofilament, here are a few of my frequently used knots.
For swivels and clips: toit, trilene/double loop clinch, uni/grinner.
For loops: lefty krey/non slip loop, rapala, perfection loop.
For joining two lines: blood, double nail, albright.
Other useful: dropper loop, nail, mono to braid.

TLDR: for mono learn the double loop clinch, uni, lefty krey and dropper loop knots.
General Tool Discussion / Re: What do we have on the way?
« Last post by matzesu on Today at 11:04:19 AM »
Tool Related:
- A Pair of Blue Non Transparent Plus Scales for my Huntsman (im going back to the Victorinox, the Swiza is cool but the Scissors par exemple are not that usefull for me)
- Blue Tweezers and Tootpick as well as an Blue Victorinox Lanyard thing, and this "Korkscrew Minitool Set"

Gaming Related:
- An EZ Flash Paralell DS Flashcard, should be the best flashcard you can get in 2024 for this Handheld, beside having at least my whole DS Games on the Card i will also use it for Emulation stuff, NES, Gameboy, GBA and the Sega Stuff until the Genesis (the DS Core of the 3DS is sadly much too slow for everything above the 32 Bit Systems, expecially Sega Saturn..)
- and an Dualpack of 32 gb Micro SD Cards, allthough i would use the Card i have allready in this Bootleg 500 in 1 Flashcard..

So i will hack my New 2DS XL sort of and my Huntsman this week ..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%