+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Change on alox rivets material
« Last post by gustophersmob on May 16, 2024, 11:12:36 PM »
 :cheers:
Flashlight Forum / Favorite EDC Flashlight
« Last post by Sos24 on May 16, 2024, 11:08:24 PM »
thanks to you both.  :cheers:

SOS i've been looking at the pineapple mini as well as the penlight might pick one up. i've never heard of the Mateminco CSF-04 i'll check it out awlways looking for a good keychain light  :tu:
The CSF-04 is similar in form factor to the RovyVon A-series, but with a ramping UI which I really like.  I have carried the same one on my keychain for over 3yrs and it is still going strong.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Sharpening methods
« Last post by Sos24 on May 16, 2024, 11:05:58 PM »
I've yet to check out a DMT Aligner, maybe this fall I'll get the chance. It's similar in function to the Lansky/Gatco I feel. DMT makes good products, I hear people complain about quality from time to time but nothing crazy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
It is very similar to both Lansky and Gatco.  I had picked up at a state fair after a demonstration and just find it works for my needs.  I’ve thought of trying the Lansky, but because of the similarities just wasn’t sure how much I’d can.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by Pauldmmwc on May 16, 2024, 11:04:10 PM »
Hello Awl
So finally now have my 2003 Land Rover Defender  licensed and ready to go .  :woohoo:

The import process took a while with a few hold ups on the way.
First job was the making the required additions to the key chain.  Now we are good to go !!

:cheers:
The Break Room / Re: California Trip 2024
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on May 16, 2024, 11:03:14 PM »
Things are a little more laid back for us in Sonoma- we went to a wine tasting for lunch and walked around the Town Square in Sonoma this morning, but before I get to that, I should get to some more important things first, at least from a Multitool.org perspective!

I mentioned above that I have a custom scaled Victorinox Compact with me on this trip, but I also mentioned that I couldn't bring any knives with me.  Both of those statements were true.

Many US based sellers don't like to ship things internationally, so I often get things sent to friends in the US to then have forwarded on to me.  The latest package was from my old bloomer buddy Inky, and in it was this custom G-10 scaled Victornox Compact that I had gotten from a member on the FB group a while back.  So far back that I don't recall the details or even who made it.   :facepalm:

But it is excellent craftsmanship, and retains slots for the toothpick and tweezers, although there aren't slots for the pen or pin.

It does still have the eyeglass screwdriver, and also features a Kershaw pocket clip.   :tu:

The Compact is probably my second favorite SAK, right after the Swiss Clipper, but more on that later. 

Sorry for any typos- I usually try to fix them but I am currently sitting on a deck chair next to our private pool and the California sun is so bright that I can barely see the screen!

Def
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Change on alox rivets material
« Last post by Gryko on May 16, 2024, 10:51:05 PM »
Thank you very much for the detailed information, gustophersmob!
Leatherman Tools / Re: Magnacut steel- how tough is it?
« Last post by Tsquare on May 16, 2024, 10:21:58 PM »
     That’s the new boomerang heat treatment. You use it for throwing knives that will return to you.
Leatherman Tools / Re: What is being carried today ?
« Last post by mvp on May 16, 2024, 10:14:21 PM »
I use Alpaka Zip Pouch Pro as my wallet, so the SwissCard is in my wallet, Pioneer and Open Mini is on the pockets of the wallet, Tini2 is on my car key, Squirt PS4 on my home keys (that are kept in a Orbitkey organizer), the Tread on my right Hand, because I have the watch on left hand and the PST in the pocket with the wallet.
I don't really feel them, but it's the first time I take them all in one hand and I thinking is a little bit too much.
Leatherman Tools / Re: Magnacut steel- how tough is it?
« Last post by Poncho65 on May 16, 2024, 10:07:16 PM »
Somewhere down the line the Hulk must have had this one :o :ahhh

:rofl:

Can't say I would be happy with that delivery though :facepalm: :oops:
Leatherman Tools / Re: What is being carried today ?
« Last post by Poncho65 on May 16, 2024, 10:02:03 PM »
Nice solid carry 8) :like:

Unless the Vic Swisscard is being carried in a pack or a bag it may be a bit bulky in pocket :think: otherwise most of the rest can be pocket carried in different configurations to barely be noticed :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%