Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by nate j on Today at 05:44:29 PM »
I carry mine in a Ziploc bag with the rest of my fire kit, so that keeps everything dry.
Gerber Tools / Re: MP400 discontinued?
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 05:43:08 PM »
   I never had one.  I did see where Blade HQ did a big price cut on their stock of MP400 Compact.  Probably clearing out the old stock.  Best wishes.  G
 :dunno:
 :rofl:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Wenger Wednesday!
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 05:24:51 PM »
    I'm think about doing a See-through Sunday.  Post a photo of something with semi-transparent ABS scales.  Feel free to join in.  Best wishes.  G
 :popcorn:
     I read the same sort of complaints that friend Simon mentioned.  Soft handle wear, discoloration of scales, blade that wiggles (sometimes causing the lock to fail).  I like the looks of some of the line and still would buy one if I could find one cheap.  Best wishes.  G
 ;)
I got myself a D07 (Climber equivalent) in 2021 and ended up disappointed. It was the full size scissors that had attracted me in the first place, but they turned to be a  pain (literally) when cutting anything harder than paper. The locking mechanism didn't inspire confidence. Also, some users reported (I think it was even on this forum) that the soft rubber scales tend to deteriorate fast when pocket carrying the knife. I cannot testify to that though - I ended up never carrying the D07 on account of the scissors;-)

I kept it for the collection though, it's a nice - albeit flawed - change from the usual Victorinox stuff.

Cheers,

Simon
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Wenger Wednesday!
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 04:55:40 PM »
There might be some obscure Sunday post that I don't know about.  Something like Salami Sandwich

:rofl: :rofl:

I checked the club index and I'm not seeing any thumbs up.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: The Sportsman Challenge - April 2024
« Last post by marlowe221 on Today at 04:54:13 PM »
I'm interested! I've been doing software development for the last 20+ years. I worked in C++ for the first half of it, full stack stuff.

Nowadays I am in the Fintech industry (backend Java, Kotlin, Amazon cloud, etc.). I've been busy with AWS studies over the last two months (Solutions Architect certification). Exam is in 10 days! 😅

That's awesome!

I'm mostly a back end/infrastructure guy these days. But I work at a small non-profit organization and have, more or less, become Mr. Fix-it no matter where in the stack the problem lies...  8)  In fact, I think a change of title (don't really care) and salary (do care) are in order soon.

I'm sure you'll do well on your exam! I've spent a lot of time with AWS but never got around to a doing a cert. The current job is all MS stuff so we're on Azure - Microsoft cuts non-profits a really sweet deal, so it's hard to say no.

Good luck!
I forget about Swiza.  They don't look bad at all.  I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them.
Edged Tools / Re: Wood Handled Wednesday !
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 04:27:37 PM »
Some beautiful knives up there.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69