Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: So this happened... FINALLY
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 12:15:09 AM »
    Remember that 20 dollars Aussie is about 13 dollars US, so our friend got the thing on the cheap.  Scissors are missing half.  Might be able to fix that himself, allowing he can find another pair of scissors to cannibalize and a spring.  Wouldn't even have to disassemble the SAK.  Leave it as it is with just a cleanup and the old thing is interesting anyway.
 Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman SIDEKICK / WINGMAN Owners Club
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 12:06:21 AM »
Hopefully it hasn't been discontinued but you never know with LM :ahhh it still definitely has its place in the MT World  :salute: :like:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 12:00:39 AM »
   I used to have an old Diamond Edge.  Must have traded it off.  I think Tuisto made a nice choice for the updates to his niche.  Don't you? 
   I must admit that I secretly breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the Swiza folks wouldn't ship you a knife.  Now your children can eat for the next couple of weeks.  Scout around a little and see if you can find something in the 15-20 buck range.  It will satisfy the needy feeling just as well.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by TexasAKM on April 25, 2024, 11:52:09 PM »
Day 24 of 30

20240425_121455.jpg
* 20240425_121455.jpg (Filesize: 297.23 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Grand_Banana on April 25, 2024, 11:52:05 PM »
Great to have you in aboard Buzzbait
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: So this happened... FINALLY
« Last post by Swisster on April 25, 2024, 11:51:55 PM »
what's the cost to get that thing correct ? We know Victorinox won't touch that. Unless it's a DIY it's probably not worth it for what modders want to do stuff.  Just sayin. I hope you can get that back to a nice Voyageur/Tourist for cheap and it becomes worth it.
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman SIDEKICK / WINGMAN Owners Club
« Last post by IMR4198 on April 25, 2024, 11:49:18 PM »
   Thanks, Poncho.  I doubt if the Wingman, Sidekick, and it's ilk are really that high on the scale as far as coveted Leatherman models.  There are quite a few of them out there though.  Evidently the Wingman has been discontinued, if the statement to that effect from a certain retailer is true.  There are quite a few still for sale, so it won't be a scarce item for some time.  Might have been discontinued by the retailer.  I haven't heard anyone say anything definitive on this site.
     I like the one I have but haven't bothered to take any pix until now.  Maybe digging up this old thread will encourage some others to get their Sidekick, Wingman, or whatever out.  Best wishes.  G
 :cheers:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Vidar on April 25, 2024, 11:48:08 PM »
In a town with large ice issues for example, you don't tend to find cops pulling people up for jaywalking.

That is actually a common way to tell locals from tourists in some cities around here. The locals tend to be the ones walking in the street just next to a perfectly fine sidewalk.

Yes, that power will be tempting to abuse, but as you say likely too spicy here. And I agree many or most will just not risk the bother or attracting attention at all. Sad if it comes to that though for actual useful tools.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by AzteCypher on April 25, 2024, 11:45:04 PM »
Picked out some "different" three layer candidates.

Leatherman Tools / Re: April Rebar and Friends Challenge
« Last post by Poncho65 on April 25, 2024, 11:37:54 PM »
More great pics, all :salute: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31