Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by Vinz Clortho on Today at 09:36:16 AM »
It would have been, I buy from them and that is the service they always use. 

As a side issue, Cyclaire give good service and have some keen prices too.
Is yours self made or store bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a store bought.
The symmetrical blade is perfect! I wish mine was the same… here is an example of the “crinked” one that FarmerX mentioned.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this update.. a comparable picture puts things in perspective.

I' prefer the symmetric blade on solo, but wouldn't mind the crinked blade if Vic adds the Awl to it!!
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: SAKs & Coffee
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 08:30:08 AM »
A bit late to the party but i'm here.

General Tool Discussion / Re: Flashlight Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 08:22:27 AM »
Day 1

I got a lot of use out of my Olight today but failed to capture any action shots.  :facepalm:

Day 1

A bit late posting but here we are. My Cadet and I drinking some coffee this morning. No activity for the Cadet today.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by Chidling on Today at 07:37:38 AM »
Watch it! / Re: New offering from Casio
« Last post by buggs on Today at 07:21:51 AM »
I actually have a hard time taking advantage of the current, relatively simple G Shocks I have now.  I love that they have all the features that they do, but I can't usually access them except with guidance from one of my sons or YouTube  :facepalm:

On the occasions I'm not carrying my phone (something I really look forward to in retirement), the last thing I need is another device tracking me.  Add to that I've largely given up trying to keep up with a large share of technology (I can do it, I prefer not to) I'm probably not going to own a G Shock.  Nice pieces, look well built, price not prohibitive, just not all that interested.  I don't need things that outperform me.   :dunno:
Interesting thumb-stud mod... 👆

Day 2

A spot of impromptu pruning with the old cross Farmer.

I bought it new in 1997, as a broke university student. It rode daily in my pocket, and also accompanied me on several epic multi-day hiking trips and outdoor adventures during my early and late 20's. This was before the concept of "every day carry", or internet forums! Victorinox changed the logo a few years later. Does anyone know exactly when this change occurred?

The wear is honest use. My amateur attempts at sharpening freehand and later with a Lansky were a bit too aggressive and chewed up the blade over the years, but is still razor sharp and everything is still in pretty good nick. I stopped carrying it when I got married and received a silver Wenger SI Soldier as a wedding gift from my dear wife. It will feature here eventually...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $71.95
PayPal Fees: $3.59
Net Balance: $68.36
Below Goal: $231.64
Site Currency: USD
23%