Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Victorinox 58mm Owner's Club
« Last post by gustophersmob on Today at 08:02:53 PM »
Taking my homebrew alox rambler for a spin. It’s no longer on my primary vehicle’s keys, but I swapped it on for the day.
Edged Tools / Re: Case Knives
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 07:56:12 PM »
   I bet that old Case was used to cut twist.  Tobacco is tough on knife blades.  I think a 6347 was the last Case Stockman that I ever owned.  I bought one for Dad.  He had to have stainless.  Unfortunately, he could never keep anything and next thing I knew he had sold it to someone.  I scouted around and found one more.  It cost $11 at the time.  Way less than list, but I knew a guy.  I told him that he couldn't sell it because it belonged to me.  Carry it.  Use it.  Can't sell it.  He agreed.  About the time he retired, he had started carrying a Vic Tinker some.  He said one of the guys at work (someone he always complained about) said he wanted Dad's Case when he retired.  I said, "No way does Jim get MY knife.  I already told you the deal."
    Dad's gone.  Case is gone.  I still have the Tinker.  Somehow I always felt like a jerk for taking the Case back.  Best wishes.  G

The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 07:17:49 PM »
It took down ne down too  :rofl:
I thought I might lose after my 2nd guess. I knew I was going to lose after my 4th guess  :facepalm:

Wordle 1,039 X/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: The Sportsman Challenge - April 2024
« Last post by Canuckdad on Today at 06:34:57 PM »
DAY 23!!!
TEA TIME
General Tool Discussion / Re: Flame On! - April Firestarting Challenge
« Last post by comis on Today at 05:36:37 PM »
Day 23

New lighter day.  Just got this Douglas Field S fluid lighter from Japan, and really like all the finer details they have for this trench lighter.  It has o-ring for all the sealable places, including the spark wheel, wick, and fuel tank.  I won't call this waterproof but it seems quite rainproof as is.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 05:34:27 PM »
    Noodle opening with Tinker.  Ordinary stuff.  I also used a Bijou to cut some strings off a pair of jeans from Goodwill.  Too exciting for a photo.  Don't want to over-stimulate anyone.  Don't you love clean $4.86 jeans that are already broken in?  Found a nice pair of khaki Dockers for the same price.  I looked in the goody cabinet up front.  I have bought 3 58mm Vics there for a buck apiece.  Also a nice Gerber EZ-out and an Ulu skinner.  Sold the Ulu.  Kept the others.  No knives today.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

PXL_20240422_185200508 (2).jpg
* PXL_20240422_185200508 (2).jpg (Filesize: 116.72 KB)
« Last post by comis on Today at 05:32:41 PM »
Day 22 (make up)

Got a new gadget today, and usb-c cigeratte lighter.  All I need to do is to connect it to a power bank and press a button, the metal piece inside will glow red hot and ready to lit anything I place inside the ligther.
« Last post by comis on Today at 05:30:40 PM »
Day 23
Clipper lighters are awesome. Removable sparker, and they're refillable too. :like:
Absolutely, pretty neat features with the removable sparker and refillable! :iagree:
« Last post by comis on Today at 05:29:26 PM »
Day 22

The wind is sweeping down the plains, so I probably wont have any fires this eve.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

That's a neat idea to wrap duct tape about the ferro rod, not only it's a decent tinder by itself and it's useful to mending stuff on the field when needed.
Kind of a crappy knife, if you ask me, it's all a load of horse shirt

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD