Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: Finger Choils
« Last post by Anthony R on Today at 09:22:49 PM »
It depends. I love them on smaller knives when they are used to improve ergonomics. The Spyderco dragonfly is a great example of that. This knife works well in most peoples hands because of the choil.

IMG_0808.jpg
* IMG_0808.jpg (Filesize: 62 KB)

On bigger knives with large comfortable handles I don’t care as much. Sometimes a choil on a bigger knife can feel like it’s forcing your grip either too close to the blade or too far away when the perfect spot would be right in the middle.   :-\  (if that makes sense)
Deals and Auctions / Bantam with nylon scales
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 09:11:30 PM »
The usual disclaimers apply: not my auction, and I have no affiliation with the seller.

The Bantam linked below sure looks to have nylon scales (with scale tools, oddly enough). Though it's probably priced a little too high, I'm hopeful that one of y'awl might want it. Or will I cave into temptation?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386963930631
Q's and (hopefully!) A's / Re: Since when is 475 larger than 512?
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 09:02:05 PM »
The photos look good to me too.
Thanks! I don't know what changed overnight with my photo editing and watermarking apps, but it's baffling. PhotoShop Express lost the text watermarking feature a while back, but it seems to have returned. (Maybe they didn't care for the review I left?) If that feature made a permanent return, then I'm saying the problem is solved.
Edged Tools / Re: What Is Your Latest Knife?
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 08:59:13 PM »
In my ever-present quest to find the perfect gentlemen’s folder, I saw the CJRB Ria on sale and tried it out. So far I like it. For the bargain price it’s got excellent build quality and materials. The only issue I’ve had so far is the thumb stud can be difficult to use at first because the handle is so slim. It’s hard to know how to grip it. Maybe a knife this thin would work better with a flipper tab? Overall I’m getting more comfortable with opening it and am glad I picked it up.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

That does have some very nice lines to it.  :salute:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Leather slips for SAK’s
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 08:57:44 PM »
Some nice slips on show here! I intend on getting one for my Alox Bantams soon. Might help mitigate their tendency to wriggle out of a pocket.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 08:53:51 PM »
I've seen people say that early Micras cut much better than recent ones.
I'll do a little compare and contrast tomorrow.

My limited experience with paracord, I have found scissors to be a fail. 
I use scissors more for finish work. For cutting a smaller piece off a hank, I typically use a blade.

Appeared to be a commemorative from the ISA of some sort.
A very unusual Micra! :like:
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 08:50:27 PM »
Day two for this Lockwood.  (please pardon the line of pocket lint on the blade  :-[)
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 08:50:02 PM »
Stockman and a Harness Jack

That Harness is just fab.  :drool:
Edged Tools / Re: What Is Your Latest Knife?
« Last post by Anthony R on Today at 08:49:14 PM »
In my ever-present quest to find the perfect gentlemen’s folder, I saw the CJRB Ria on sale and tried it out. So far I like it. For the bargain price it’s got excellent build quality and materials. The only issue I’ve had so far is the thumb stud can be difficult to use at first because the handle is so slim. It’s hard to know how to grip it. Maybe a knife this thin would work better with a flipper tab? Overall I’m getting more comfortable with opening it and am glad I picked it up.

IMG_0804.jpg
* IMG_0804.jpg (Filesize: 259.43 KB)

IMG_0805.jpg
* IMG_0805.jpg (Filesize: 271.77 KB)
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 08:48:58 PM »
This arrived today and in my pocket.
I am a little under impressed with the handles, but really impressed by the 1095 blade.
I love the sheepsfoot, swedge and long pull.
And the grind is perfect, sharp, even and burr free.
The blade is a little larger than I am normally comfortable carrying being a hair’s breadth over 3” in its entirety including the tang.

On the whole a great usable knife for the £50 I paid for it.

Sorry to hear it's not quite what you wanted but I do think that's a good looking knife for the money.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%