Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by Gareth on Today at 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks loopcutter and Gareth  :tu:
Can’t see your picture Gareth.

It appears I didn't attach it.  :oops:

:D :D
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 09:42:40 PM »
    Good idea but pretty much impossible.  How about the European MTo contingent putting together a Surprise Box on your own?  Trade it around over there.  It started with Sherry just putting a handful of nice things in a box on her own and sending it.  It could work there. 
    A box of mixed things from the US with new and used items of all sorts would be quite a task to get through taxation and customs.  Not worth the trouble.  Especially since it would likely be confiscated.  I can see a French box working maybe with shipments within country.  Or Finnish box?  The US box started small.  No reason you couldn't start one on a small scale over there.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:

I agree, It could work somehow here like it do US.
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 09:34:28 PM »
    Good idea but pretty much impossible.  How about the European MTo contingent putting together a Surprise Box on your own?  Trade it around over there.  It started with Sherry just putting a handful of nice things in a box on her own and sending it.  It could work there. 
    A box of mixed things from the US with new and used items of all sorts would be quite a task to get through taxation and customs.  Not worth the trouble.  Especially since it would likely be confiscated.  I can see a French box working maybe with shipments within country.  Or Finnish box?  The US box started small.  No reason you couldn't start one on a small scale over there.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Black Oxide Friday!
« Last post by Antti Lammi on Today at 09:25:45 PM »
Thanks fellas !   :cheers:

Nice carry Steve
Leatherman Tools / Re: The SideClip Owners Club
« Last post by Frenchephaistos on Today at 09:23:34 PM »
The thing that made me want a SideClip was this kind of message about how light it was. But after I got it, I have another opinion. You lose some functionality from a PST only for a few grams. The only big plus is the pocket clip. But the thing it’s less common and most of the time more expensive than a PST, I actually still prefer a PST in my pocket.
I will attach 3 photos:
1. SideClip from ‘98
2. Japan PST
3. PST from ‘01.
Joking aside, this is a good compromise, don't you think ?

IMG-1575.jpg
* IMG-1575.jpg (Filesize: 140.62 KB)
Leatherman Tools / Re: The SideClip Owners Club
« Last post by Frenchephaistos on Today at 09:20:43 PM »
The thing that made me want a SideClip was this kind of message about how light it was. But after I got it, I have another opinion. You lose some functionality from a PST only for a few grams. The only big plus is the pocket clip. But the thing it’s less common and most of the time more expensive than a PST, I actually still prefer a PST in my pocket.
I will attach 3 photos:
1. SideClip from ‘98
2. Japan PST
3. PST from ‘01.
So you would accept to exchange your Sideclip for a PST ?  :D
General Tool Discussion / Re: Plane friendly tools
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 09:20:13 PM »
It looks good but as you said, a lot of "folding" for something that folds.

I work at Heathrow (not for the Airport) and I think I'd struggle to get that through unless I claimed it was issued. I can carry some very pointy things for work (and some hitty over the head things as well) but I'm doubtful that I'd get it through as a passenger  :think: :dunno:

If you have to dismantle it and put it in your check-in bags (as I do with my LMs etc) then I'm not sure I'd pay a premium, but I await your travel experience.

I wish you you awl the best  (either way it looks great  :2tu:)

I obviously wouldn’t try to take the knife through, but I don’t honestly know how the pliers and screwdriver would go down at security.

My guess is the pliers might get through, but not really worth the risk.

I’ve done a few one way road trips with a circus charity over the last few years, either driving a van out to Greece or Poland and flying back, or flying out and driving back. In the end I’ve resorted to the £7 or £8 tool kits you can buy in supermarkets, just leaving them in the glovebox, rather than risking a multitool of any kind.
Send it to Europe to get some new interest in the box ? It's just I wouldn't know how to get it overseas without problems. However, if it was available here, I'm pretty sure we could get quite a few people involved.  :D
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:53:50 PM »
That is a very a very impressive Medium Jack, to busy for a picture.

I will cover for you with my large Stockman in Mediterranean Blue that riding backup to my LM Micra this month.

:like:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Plane friendly tools
« Last post by SurgeUk on Today at 08:50:26 PM »
It might be a bit of a disappointment. It’s Wave+ money for a lot less functionality, but it could turn out to be a handy tool.

I found an old thread on here from someone who’d ordered a few of their tools (they describe them as Staks), but couldn’t find a follow up or review.

It looks good but as you said, a lot of "folding" for something that folds.

I work at Heathrow (not for the Airport) and I think I'd struggle to get that through unless I claimed it was issued. I can carry some very pointy things for work (and some hitty over the head things as well) but I'm doubtful that I'd get it through as a passenger  :think: :dunno:

If you have to dismantle it and put it in your check-in bags (as I do with my LMs etc) then I'm not sure I'd pay a premium, but I await your travel experience.

I wish you you awl the best  (either way it looks great  :2tu:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%