Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

The Break Room / Re: California Trip 2024
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 09:00:13 PM »
In the interest of full disclosure, today was not the first time I have been to Yosemite.

We actually went last night after checking into our hotel.  We didn't hike or explore, but we did drive through a bit of a monsoon to see what's called the Tunnel View which lets you see El Capitan, the Yosemite Valley and Bridal Veil Falls.

It was amazing.  Much like my trip last year to Greece, I can share all the pics I want, but it is nothing compares to actually standing there!    :ahhh

The road to get there was a bit terrifying, with lots of turns that you have to navigate perfectly or else you will die from:

1- Head On Collision
2-  Hitting a Majestic Tree that will outlive all of your descendants
3-  Go Over the edge of a cliff.

Seriously Californians, what's wrong with guard rails at the side of the road?   :dunno:

Also, while I am complaining, why do you all love tailgating so much?  I'm not talking about the parties, because I'd be in for that, I mean following a car on the highway with little more than 18 inches between your bumper and theirs?  I watched a B train tanker truck do that on the highway outside of SF yesterday.   :ahhh

Anyways, back to the good stuff....

This morning we got up bright and early to go to Yellowstone and do the Grizzly Giant Loop.  It's the smallest loop there, but as a disabled person I figured I wouldn't push myself too hard.  This trip already has my arthritis flaring!

But more on that experience shortly- I need to get showered so we can go for lunch.  We are STARVING!

Def
Leatherman Tools / Re: Pocket Survival Tool Tuesday
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:57:25 PM »
 :woohoo:

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Change on alox rivets material
« Last post by Gryko on Today at 08:57:05 PM »
Thank you! Is there any reason why they changed only the middle rivet?
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Swiss Army With Your Favorite Brew
« Last post by Gryko on Today at 08:55:48 PM »
Farmer X with pilsner from Braustüb'l, a small brewery from Darmstadt, a city near to Frankfurt on the Main.
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:54:17 PM »
Camillus Trapper Jack and a Tew Lamb

Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 08:53:53 PM »
Nice blades Steve, all the lambs are great.

Garath, that is quite a good looking knife, I like the color. The big R is really an unfortunate choice for RR, definitely not attractive to my eyes.

:hatsoff:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Tinker Tuesday!
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 08:52:57 PM »
    Looks like you figured out how to post your photos, Stot.  Those are some fine photos and some yummy old Vics.  I like the 84mm line too.  I just put new toothpick and tweezers in an 84mm. 
     Still dribbling outside.  My carefully mowed lawn is now showing quite a few yellow flowers.  Some are buttercups and some are hawkweed.  A friend once told me she thought the yellow flowers were pretty.  I agreed but said I still didn't like them on the lawn. 
      The black W-W Tinker looks great, Dan.  The orange makes a nice contrast.  Best wishes.  G
Edged Tools / Re: Finger Choils
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 08:48:01 PM »
It makes all the sense in the world on this horticulture blade, but for a regular knife blade I would say waste of space. 
IMG_7051-compressed.jpg
* IMG_7051-compressed.jpg (Filesize: 154.62 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Change on alox rivets material
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 08:42:44 PM »
I have gotten a PX and FX from knifecenter  in the last year and a half and both still had all nickel silver pins. But word on the street is that new pin is steel. First pictures of it I have seen were in the last 3-4 months.
Watch it! / Re: New offering from Casio
« Last post by AzteCypher on Today at 08:40:16 PM »
I still use pocket watches so....  :D

Though I have one digital watch that would allow me to change time zones when I used to travel.  Pretty handy.

I really did like the green color on that Casio, I just don't need the bluetooth feature.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%