Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 04:53:31 PM »

How is it?  I hear it's pretty good for cheap coffee, but I never got around to trying it.

It's really popular .... its the only kind that my office coworkers have agreed upon to purchase for the break room out of the company budget.  Personally it's too strong for me for breakfast.  It's almost like espresso. 
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 04:49:43 PM »

I have to wonder how well they work on a Fender. :think:

They work perfectly fine on a Fender.  The sold body doesn't make it any less accurate.  I have had other ones with large-enough-to-identify microphones that you might think would be needed because vibration isn't enough of a signal.... but the Snark is perfectly fine.  If you look at the reviews though, it is famous for falling apart and getting gummy. 
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 04:46:30 PM »
I don't feel even remotely guilty.  :D I hope you like it as much as I do.

NEVER EVER apologize for having exquisite taste.

This is my first Mini Trapper!  Bought for the Wharncliff blade, the 6.5 Bone Stag covers are a +. 
I am pretty sure I have Wharncliff version in a Trapper with 6.5 too! Or, is it  burnt Amber? :think:
Edged Tools / Re: Micarta Monday !
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 04:40:42 PM »
I've got one of their Cinnamon "Bone Stag" barlows.  Clean bolsters and a much nicer look.
Nice scales, kinda like CASE’s Amber Bone, looks good on what ever applied👍
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 04:38:43 PM »
Day 17

When I purchased the Micra years ago, I was debating among it, or the Leatherman Style CS or the Gerber Splice.

I settled on the Micra for a few reasons (which I will probably discuss on a separate post here on the thread). One of the main reasons was the ruler. In my job at the time I occasionally needed to make rough estimates of the length of small things… on the order of a quarter inch to 6 inches at most.

So I settled on the Micra.

Today, I needed to make a rough estimate of what 1/3 of an inch looks like.  :think:
Edged Tools / Re: show me your rough riders,
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 04:36:05 PM »
The burlap Micarta on your Moose is very nice.!

:drool: :cheers: :hatsoff:
General Tool Discussion / Simple but reliable tool buying advise
« Last post by Giovanni on Today at 04:35:30 PM »
Hello everybody,

my first post here, along the years I bought a few Leatherman tools, they are sure nice to the eye and a decent quality, mosto of mine have gone when somebody showed interest and gave them as a present, last one I gave is a Skeletool, nice size, nice array of tools, not the best blade, not the best finish but overall worth the money, I gave the last one a few weeks ago and have a brand new one I bought as an extra as I know that sooner or later somebody sees it and "ohhhh, how nice..."

I aldo have a Victorinox but it's huge, I take it with me now in a shoulder bag (I always walk around with a bag to store a camera, an extra lens, paperwork and some form of tool but even in a bag the Swiss multitool is a burden and has lot of stuff I'll never need nor to mention the necessity to use nails to activate some tools doesn't suit me) , too big.

Got my son a few years ago a Leatherman with a single blade and a carabineer if that's the correct name, very pretty, not the best iron but I dunno personally as he has it.

The size of the Skeletool is fine, tools are enough, to me a good blade in case I have to cut even a rope (I go boating every day in summer as part of my job), a flat and cross screwdriver and something to cut an iron wire just in case, pliers meh, can be or not there not a necessity so far but ok if don't make the tool too big and if durable.

I am not aware of other brands nor about kind of iron used bla bla bla, I know the Skeletool in the 70-80$ range, I don't mind spending a little more but I want it durable, pleasant to the eye, a finish which won't fade and without whistles and bells, do you have at least any other brand to look at?

Grazie
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Dating My Collection
« Last post by SAK42 on Today at 03:46:15 PM »
Nice restoration job! And I like the awl with no sewing eye. Very likely it was made in or before 1985.

Nice work, SAK42!  :cheers:

:tu:

Thanks guys! I have a couple more to post up when I get a minute.
Oh Rosy was also enjoying the fresh cut grass! 🎉 happy bday Coco!
JR
 :like: all the pups, and happy belated birthday to Coco!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%