Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by Alan K. on Today at 03:59:46 PM »
Be patient.  Life happens.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: The Vic Ranger club!
« Last post by Magic Bus on Today at 03:58:16 PM »
SAK Guy did the same thing to me years ago.   :facepalm:

:rofl: :dwts:

Edged Tools / Re: Micarta Monday !
« Last post by David on Today at 03:52:35 PM »
 :woohoo:   MM
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on Today at 03:51:27 PM »
Buck 🦌 and Mustang 🐎
Multi-Media / From an episode of S.W.A.T
« Last post by Millhouse on Today at 03:30:17 PM »
First multitool I've seen for a while on this show.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 03:17:47 PM »
Day Twenty

Just a glamour shot today.

Nice light carry for a MiniTool Monday.

IMG_2327.jpg
* IMG_2327.jpg (Filesize: 253.82 KB)
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 03:17:29 PM »
SAK Guy did the same thing to me years ago.   :facepalm:
« Last post by Magic Bus on Today at 03:16:05 PM »
The vic Ranger has definitely become my go-to 91mm SAK.

I was happy with a Huntsman  for years but it’s your fault Gareth that I got a Ranger in the post the other day  :think: :surrender:  :mail:
The Break Room / Re: What are we eating today, v2
« Last post by MadPlumbarian on Today at 03:10:15 PM »
Am I the only one who posts on this one?
Anyway the wife and I didn’t know what to eat, she said tuna fish sandwich’s and I said grilled cheese, so she jumps and said “tuna melts” I was like what heck is a tuna melt? She looked at me and said you’ve never had one? No what is it? Her and I have been married for going on 25yrs in a few months, and out of all that time she has never ever told me about them? So she said I would love them! And well, I tried them, and thought they were pretty good! I also switched up one of the mayo’s she uses to fry them with a very spicy mayo and that one which you can see is a little darker and definitely had some good heat!
JR
Edged Tools / Re: Case Knives
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 03:09:20 PM »
Case’s website is pretty worthless.

47s in CS are still being made, or at least were until recently, but maybe only as SFOs.  However, for some reason unknown to me, if you step up to the 75 pattern, you’ll find CS options in several different scale materials.

It has been my observation over the years that Case simply doesn’t (and as a practical matter, probably couldn’t) offer every variation of every pattern in every handle material in both CS and SS.  So, among those things (pattern, variation or sub-pattern, scale material, steel), one has to consider which are really priorities and which can be compromised on.

With regard to the mini trapper, wharncliffe blade, carbon steel, keep in mind that you’re looking for a very specific variation of a specific pattern, and in CS (which seems to be a decided minority of Case’s production these days).  If I were you and I wanted one, I would snag one of the red-scaled US flag shield versions (even if I didn’t love the handles) before they are gone.

I am considering stepping up or down to a medium or large stockman, I need to go into the shop and handle a medium to see if I like it.

I am realizing more-so how it works and that I have latched onto knives that are double specific. I think the scarcity might also make that special combo more special once they do make it/ or you find it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%