Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: Flashlight Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by Explorer on Today at 04:42:43 PM »
 yes it's so many options it took me a good two weeks of research and hemming and hawing to decide what configuration to order.  :rofl:

it all really boils down to what kind of emitters you like "warm" or "cool" but there are a ton of choices with varying tints and brightnesses. and then there's duel channel for the best of both worlds

the nichia 519a are popular for the warmer tints and the osram W2 emitters are popular for a cooler bright throwy beam.

as far as use case some of his lights could be used as practical tools but many of them are "hot rod lights" meaning they pump out a ton of lumens but will get hot quickly and not sustain the output for very long. kind of making them more of a toy than a tool. there's also some mixed opinions about how durable they are. but i've never owned a hanklight so i'll be sure to report back about how they perform etc.

this as the video that made me realize that i needed a DT8 and a DT8K in my life  :ahhh   :rofl:

https://youtu.be/zSHO2Nfiyso?si=anyYoXOsF-CZlvES
Leatherman Tools / Re: * Supertool Saturday *
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 04:37:09 PM »
ST Saturday  :woohoo:

In the Micra challenge.  And, the little fella, just had to puff up and show he was just as big as  the ST and was in charge today 🙄

Napoleon syndrome !

IMG_5891.jpg
* IMG_5891.jpg (Filesize: 121.88 KB)

I tried to let it go, as today will involve lots of drive time, the sitting and more drive time.  Oldest grandson graduation ceremony tonight from college.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 04:33:36 PM »
Day 4

No need for the ST300 today, the Micra is demonstrating that it measures up…😜

IMG_5891.jpg
* IMG_5891.jpg (Filesize: 121.88 KB)

Will be ready, oldest grandson graduating from college this evening,  so travel and sitting😎
The Break Room / Re: May the Fourth Be With You
« Last post by BPRoberts on Today at 04:24:07 PM »

If you've never checked them out, the radio dramas are pretty awesome.

Also available in MP3 for car listening convenience: https://archive.org/details/08Episode08DeathStarsTransit
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 04:16:27 PM »
I thought it would mean funny, like comedy-generating. :think:

That's something else I had to look up.  I am into etymology - as opposed to entomology, which I am not into.

"Comedogenic" derives from the Latin "comedo" meaning glutton.  Presumably, gluttons get pimples from their gluttony.  If that is true, I am the exception.  In English, comedo now means a blackhead or whitehead.

As for "comedy", it comes from the Greek kōmos meaning "revel, carousal, merry-making, festival".

Similar, but different.

Okay, maybe I am into entomology.  I took this pic with the magnifier on an Explorer Plus.

Now, back to the glorious Micra . . .   .   :cheers:
Edged Tools / Re: What Is Your Latest Knife?
« Last post by David Bowen on Today at 04:04:09 PM »
Knife from Spaceman Knives. As I review stuff I'm digging deep to review stuff people don't talk about.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Spartan Saturday!
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 03:04:38 PM »
Glad you mentioned See Through Sunday Gary!   :viking:
« Last post by Crunchie64 on Today at 02:52:35 PM »
Day Four

Another easy task for my Micra.

Obviously a little bit slower than getting out a Free series blade or package opener, but the extra two seconds didn’t really affect my life too much.

Still managing fine using just the Micra.

IMG_2237.jpg
* IMG_2237.jpg (Filesize: 64.24 KB)

Re-posted with the Day Four heading. Been a while since I’ve done a challenge…
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 02:52:16 PM »
Day 4

“Tear Here” they said…

« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 02:50:26 PM »
Day 3

This morning I helped a friend disassemble some chickens, I used one of these Micras (not sure which one) on two of them, but no pics. So, funny enough,  this evening for dinner we wind up at Chic fil A.     :whistle:    :D

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

They sell veggies there?  :drool:  I didn’t know they did full meals

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32