Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by Echotech on Today at 12:58:19 AM »
Lucky first word but still 5

Wordle 1,053 5/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Gerber Tools / Re: MP Mondays!
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 12:52:13 AM »
 :like: :like: :like:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Not a good news...
« Last post by Tasky on Today at 12:34:04 AM »
Victorinox, the company behind the quintessentially Swiss product, is responding to tighter regulations around weapons around the world, Chief Executive Officer Carl Elsener told the Blick newspaper on Monday. Instead, it plans to add tools for cyclists and other functions to a gadget that usually also features scissors and a corkscrew.

It sounds like some Wenger tools and historic Vic ones may be making a comeback, then...
I agree that the bladeless idea may open things up to a line of thinking we'd really want people to avoid, though...
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pioneer x defect or design?
« Last post by gustophersmob on Today at 12:32:14 AM »
Every 93mm I’ve had from all eras have had this to one degree or another, unless they’re brand new out of the box. This is from early folded awl elinox +pat can opener era knives up through my EDC 2018 LE. Also includes the farmers I’ve had.
« Last post by gustophersmob on Today at 12:26:09 AM »
No paywall: https://archive.fo/39R8w

Not to be too hyperbolic, but the person who argues that a SAK is a weapon is essentially anti-civilization; “you’re too dangerous to have a tool.”  I don’t think it’s a good move for Vic to lean into this framing of the SAK as a weapon as it is implicitly agreeing with the premise that a SAK is a weapon.

I can’t really say more without veering too far into the political.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 12:24:30 AM »
day 6 bonus use :woohoo:

opened bag of meal worms for the Blue Bird feeder.   The tear line did not work as planned, the scissors of the Micra opened cleanly and trimmed the ragged tear. 
IMG_5899.jpg
* IMG_5899.jpg (Filesize: 139.1 KB)
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on Today at 12:18:02 AM »
Bex Lamb and a Burlap Mustang

Cool pair!    :like:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Alan K. on Today at 12:17:05 AM »
Day 06
My small blade is the same shape as Grand Banana's small blade so I guess it is normal. I was just expecting more of a spear point.  Anyway, I used it today to trim a cigar. :cheers:
« Last post by Anthony R on May 06, 2024, 11:36:58 PM »
As long as they don’t discontinue the bladed models, this could be a good thing. More options.  :D  I was just watching a SAK YouTuber the other day lament that her hospital job doesn’t allow pocket knives and “if only Victorinox would come out with a blade-less version so I can use it at work”. She will be happy.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pioneer x defect or design?
« Last post by ed_is_dead on May 06, 2024, 11:33:05 PM »
I think I stand corrected.  The piece of paper is between the scale and the awl.  I have no damage to the scale, though mine is a shelf queen most of the time.

(Image removed from quote.)
So that's it answered, it's by design. Weird they wouldn't have just extended the kick by a half mm  to lift it up off the scale. Thank you for the demonstration.

What I suggest to you is you forget you ever read this and enjoy your knife :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD