Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Last post by IMR4198 on May 17, 2024, 11:58:44 PM »
    I think you have scoped out the major features of the 108mm quite well.  I really like the checkered grip.  You might be surprised how much better the saw cuts than a regular SAK with a saw.  I would cut on the pull, then push the saw back which would clear lots of the chips from the teeth and pull again.  I have sawed some pretty good-sized things.  The awl will cut a perfect hole in heavy plastic.  Clean as a drill.  Punch it through and turn.  I fixed some lawn mower fittings with mine.  It is also great for punching holes in light metal.  Open the awl.  Pound on the top of the GAK with your fist to drive it through. 
    People get tired of reading about my everyday carry.  I am going to have to stop.  Best wishes.  G
 :whistle:

Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: EDC Adjustable Wrench.
« Last post by Chako on May 17, 2024, 11:54:35 PM »
I have used it twice for light duty stuff and it worked ok.
Gerber Tools / Re: Latest Gerber to add to my collection.
« Last post by Chako on May 17, 2024, 11:49:16 PM »
I do not see these locally very often.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by MTSAK on May 17, 2024, 11:43:53 PM »
It is my favorite coffee. It's all we drink anymore
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Victorinox Compact with 58mm combo tool
« Last post by Tuisto on May 17, 2024, 11:29:35 PM »
That is a very very cool mod!
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Last post by Tuisto on May 17, 2024, 11:28:42 PM »
Thank you Gary and Mr. Farmer X, but unfortunately I can't find the saw cover on either of those sites (or on the very large electronic Bay marketplace). Also, some observations on the 108mm. The multitool thing scrapes against the liner when opening, the blade clunks a bit when opening and closing, the awl/reamer is actually capable of cutting because of the angle of the grind (it's effectively a flat-ground blade), it's heavy, it's large, the multitool isn't polished, the grip is somewhat uncomfortable when using either tool due to the non-used tool jutting out a bit much from the scale, and the saw only cuts in one direction. All that being said, I love this thing. It's got the best grip of any SAK I've ever owned, the blade is enormous and perfect, the screwdriver is at the end of a long tool and consequently works like a standard screwdriver (but as Gary said it is prone to closing on one's hand), and it's just fun to use! I want to attach a 1/8" shackle to the lanyard hole and attach that to a chain or paracord lanyard. Oh, and as an aside, I got -10% on my first math test of grade 10. I argued with the teacher before the test started so she gave me -10% and then I got every question wrong...
« Last post by Rich_SD on May 17, 2024, 11:02:00 PM »
Personally it's too strong for me for breakfast.  It's almost like espresso.

You have piqued my interest!  :drool:
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on May 17, 2024, 11:01:46 PM »
Nice cutlery today !   :like:

Lamb and a Barlow !

8)8).   :like:
« Last post by MTSAK on May 17, 2024, 10:16:09 PM »
Day 17 of 30:
Used the Flathead screwdriver as a pry to pop open the back of the Suburban key fob to change out a dead battery
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Alan K. on May 17, 2024, 10:15:41 PM »
Day 17
I used the small blade to open a mosquito dunk for my rain barrel.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%