Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by Explorer on Today at 02:48:03 AM »
Leatherman Tools / Re: * Supertool Saturday *
« Last post by SteveC on Today at 02:44:44 AM »
Thanks buddy !
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pioneer x defect or design?
« Last post by Swisster on Today at 02:43:36 AM »
all my pre mid 80's 93mm Alox stuff with an awl has no issues nor have they ever. Another reason to seek out the old stuff and not get caught up in chasing the inferior ones of today with all of the silly colors. I would rather pay a little more for older 93mm Alox stuff than buy the modern era ones. Older old cross or old Soldier's for me and preferably pre mid 80's. Just my 2 cents on this. This is where it’s at right here. 60’s Soldier
The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 02:40:12 AM »
That looked to be a multiple choice elimination puzzle???

May to beat it Echo!👍
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 02:32:32 AM »
That's a lot of seeds!  Are they for you, for backyard wildlife, or for planting?

:dunno:  Planting seeds to GROW BIRDS ???

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:surrender:

I buy Black Sunflower Oil seeds  in 50# bags, for feeding my visiting birds via the feeders.  The squirrels like as well, but I  use slinky on the poles and  also squirrel proofed feeders to discourage the buggers.   The squirrels can eat from the ground that gets thrown out.

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Buzzbait on Today at 02:05:03 AM »
Day 5: The green Explorer was mostly just eye candy and pocket filler today. But I did get to use the large flathead to open up a can of dark wood stain I’m using on a new spice rack.

IMG_8533.jpg
* IMG_8533.jpg (Filesize: 450.85 KB)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Spartan Saturday!
« Last post by UscgSal on Today at 02:03:01 AM »
It's wonderful to see my favourite thread still trucking along. It always brought me a smile. It's great to see members from when I was last here still posting regularly, & others new to me appreciating this most quintessential of SAKs.

Hi former TonySal - you've transformed! Lucky it's just your handle  ;) & that I'm on my laptop. Reading on my phone where I can't see signatures, your new username had me stumped. ???

That's OK SG. Had the new phone, old password, etc, etc. So the new me- USCG Sal = retired USCoast Guard. The only thing I could think of when I had to invent a new name..   :salute:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Fish Scaler to Serrated Blade?
« Last post by psyjohn on Today at 01:57:49 AM »
I tried to do that once with a scaler I had left over from a custom I was building. As others have said the steel is too soft. Also the teeth on the scaler are too wide. As you file it into a blade you wind up with more of a weird looking saw than a serrated blade.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pioneer x defect or design?
« Last post by psyjohn on Today at 01:52:27 AM »
I haven't had any other issues with the 93mm awl but every single one of them makes that same mark on the edge of the scale. My first colored Alox was a blue Pioneer and when I noticed that mark I felt like you do. Now all my Alox SAKs are colored, except my Soldiers, and I've grown to be awlright with the tiny nick on each one. I love the pretty ones but I buy them to use them. As they age they each develop their own character, but it always starts with the awl mark.
General Tool Discussion / Re: Kansept Main Street Giveaway
« Last post by pa_strunk on Today at 01:41:42 AM »
Awesome GIveaway  :tu:, my favorite EDC SwissTool Spirit RT.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%