Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Jeffjeeptj on Today at 01:38:30 PM »
Day 4

Using the Phillips to repair an extension cord.
Remember electrical safety - black to black, white to white, cut off the green and throw it away - j/k

IMG_3621.jpg
* IMG_3621.jpg (Filesize: 310.43 KB)
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 01:38:30 PM »
Powernoodle Day 4

Opening an Amazon box . . .

. . . containing "Neutrogena Sunscreen Spray, Ultra Sheer Body Mist, Broad Spectrum SPF 70, Non-Greasy Water Resistant Body Sunscreen Mist, Non-Comedogenic, 5 oz (Pack of 3)"

Then I had to look up the word "comedogenic".  I know what "come here dog" or "come dog" means.  But comedogenic means acne-producing.

https://tinyurl.com/5n99f2ub

:salute:

The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 01:35:19 PM »
Wordle 1,050 5/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by Grant Lamontagne on Today at 01:28:12 PM »
It's like the old joke where the guy goes to the doctor and says "doctor, it hurts when I do this."

The doctor replies "well then don't do that."

:facepalm:

The roads here are constantly salted all winter because we experience a freeze/thaw cycle almost every day.  It's largely also why our roads here are absolute smurf. 

A common complaint is that we have to have our vehicles certified safe for the roads that are not safe for our cars.   :twak:

It's one of the reasons I don't drive small cars- the potholes here are extremely hazardous, and the kids with the lowered Honda's and low profile tires go through a lot of rims!

Def
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by lazar on Today at 01:20:21 PM »
Day 3

Opening a drink package
The Break Room / Re: Hybrid cars- anyone have one?
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 01:02:07 PM »
Many auto manufacturers used to torture test vehicles for rust resistance here, but due to the high failure rate they stopped doing that.   :facepalm:

Because rust is so bad, you have to get your car checked by a government licensed facility every two years (used to be every year) and if there is any rust perforation in the metal, your car likely won't pass.

Road salt is evil. There are few salted roads up here because the slush causes at certain temperatures seems at least as bad safety wise as the benefit of a bit less ice at moderate temperatures. At if it actually gets proper cold, as it does, it doesn't make a difference anyway. The few salted roads up here have more intense heavy traffic - for reasons unknown to me that makes a difference then it seems. Down south they salt the roads, but temperatures are milder too.

Many auto manufacturers used to torture test vehicles for rust resistance here, but due to the high failure rate they stopped doing that.   :facepalm:

Genious!  :facepalm:

This no check no problem logic is really something. It reminds me of a chat I had years ago with a shampoo manufacturer. I noticed he had marked their bottles with "not tested on animals". He said marketers had told him that was popular and that sales had indeed increased after adding them. I asked if the marking was correct. "Yes, of course. We never test on anything!"  ..  ::)

Because rust is so bad, you have to get your car checked by a government licensed facility every two years (used to be every year) and if there is any rust perforation in the metal, your car likely won't pass.

We have those checks every other year too. The system here is you can have a single small error, but not more, and no critical errors. One year I got two small errors - one being that the rear window viper didn't work. I said to the mechanic that doesn't seem fair as many car doesn't even have one. He replied that it wasn't a road legal requirement, but a test requirement. If it was there it had to work to not get an error. Ok... Old worn car. So I dismantled the arm and removed it. No rear viper - no problem? Yes, that was fine, and the car passed the control. This kind of logic just leaves me dumbfounded really.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Spartan Saturday!
« Last post by Sawl Goodman on Today at 12:53:25 PM »
Welcome back Sawl! 
:cheers: :D

Let that be a lesson to you about camouflage SAKs outdoor.  You can see how this one just snuggled into the long grass and hid. 
    Welcome back to the forum SG.  Be sure to check out our See-through Sunday thread tomorrow.  Bring along a translucent SAK and join in the fun.  See-through attire is optional.  No pictures required for that last part.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :hatsoff:
There are Spartans hidden everywhere here!

Nice to meet you, Gary. I'll dig through the collection & see what I can do tomorrow! :cheers:
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 12:17:13 PM »
   Let that be a lesson to you about camouflage SAKs outdoor.  You can see how this one just snuggled into the long grass and hid. 
    Welcome back to the forum SG.  Be sure to check out our See-through Sunday thread tomorrow.  Bring along a translucent SAK and join in the fun.  See-through attire is optional.  No pictures required for that last part.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :hatsoff:
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 11:59:48 AM »
Welcome back Sawl! 
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Back in the world of SAKs
« Last post by Sawl Goodman on Today at 11:55:39 AM »
Oh no! Now I see the Adventurer is deleted too. What on earth, Victorinox - losing the 84mm & 111mm Tinker equivalents?? :o I'm sorry, but the remaining man in the middle just doesn't cut it for me, nor does the Picnicker. Want comfortable back Phillips not palm poking corkscrew! >:(

I'm still glad though that I gave my Centurion to someone I'd lent it to because he'd liked using it so much & was grateful. :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%