Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: SAKs and LEGO
« Last post by twiliter on Today at 10:47:30 AM »
Some found Lego, not sure what this was, but I was happy to find it anyway!  :)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Climber club!
« Last post by gerleatherberman on Today at 10:46:23 AM »
Dropped my favourite Climber yesterday and cracked the top of the front scale...  :'(
I'm pissed....  :rant:

It didn't broke off but i can see and feel the line of crack. It's an early 2000 one, and the scales is the reason it is my favourite, still has the older deeper red shade, and the shield fitting is a bit better than on the later ones.

I'm tempted either to break the piece off and superglue it back, or just scrap those scales and put new ones in and just forget about it.

What do you think...?
Maybe source some older scales to have on hand, but use a set of cheaper aftermarket scales for carry. Once you are ready, pop the older sourced scales on.  :)
Or just pop the sourced scales on and enjoy it. Tons of options and an immense amount of scales and SAKs out there. :tu:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: New Year's Swisschamp Challenge
« Last post by kottskrapa on Today at 10:42:28 AM »
So what belt sheath do you lads suggest for the Swisschamp?  This one:  Victorinox Swiss Army Cordura Belt Pouch, Black #33214 ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/...1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Or maybe the leather sheath for the XLT, which would be a little big on the inside for my Swisschamp but would work.

Edit:  I'm thinking that the leather XLT sheath would do the trick.

I'm very happy with this one.
Fits perfectly.
Search the net for Victorinox 4.0535  :salute:
:iagree: I have this sheath too. One of the advantages of the 4.0535 is the optional (c'mon Vic, really?) chest straps - properly rigged and combined with the forward stabilisers, you can carry the Swissclump for several minutes without falling over. BTW I'm typing this from the floor while waiting for my smurf (Swissclump Hazard intervention Team) to come help me stand.
Next time you need to have a counterweight on your back! You need to weigh your front side and your backside separately and then add the champ weight to your front numbers and then just balance it on your back weight. Victorinox website has awl the tools weight for you to find the appropriate tool to have on your back.

As a bonus you will strengthen your core hulk style

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Swisschamp Sunday!
« Last post by twiliter on Today at 10:34:28 AM »
Carried mine yesterday, forgot to post.  :facepalm: Maybe next Sunday...
Multi-Media / Re: Swiss Army Knives in MacGyver
« Last post by ReamerPunch on Today at 10:27:01 AM »
4x19 - Unfinished Business

Auto OTF
Footage from 3x15 - The Negotiator
Show content

Fixed blade
Show content
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Climber club!
« Last post by twiliter on Today at 10:24:17 AM »
Sorry Mac, tough decision. I find new scales easy to get used to.  :salute:

Still the black Climber for me, although I did have a SwissChamp day yesterday.  :tu:
Multi-Media / Re: Swiss Army Knives in MacGyver
« Last post by ReamerPunch on Today at 10:23:18 AM »
4x18 - Renegade

Recruit
Not Economy like MacGyverOnline lists.
Show content

Show content

Show content

Fixed blade
Show content

Show content
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: New Year's Swisschamp Challenge
« Last post by magentus on Today at 10:09:05 AM »
So what belt sheath do you lads suggest for the Swisschamp?  This one:  Victorinox Swiss Army Cordura Belt Pouch, Black #33214 ?

Or maybe the leather sheath for the XLT, which would be a little big on the inside for my Swisschamp but would work.

Edit:  I'm thinking that the leather XLT sheath would do the trick.

I'm very happy with this one.
Fits perfectly.
Search the net for Victorinox 4.0535  :salute:
:iagree: I have this sheath too. One of the advantages of the 4.0535 is the optional (c'mon Vic, really?) chest straps - properly rigged and combined with the forward stabilisers, you can carry the Swissclump for several minutes without falling over. BTW I'm typing this from the floor while waiting for my smurf (Swissclump Hazard intervention Team) to come help me stand.
The Mod Squad / Re: compact super lite plus?
« Last post by magentus on Today at 10:02:03 AM »
NIce one armi - it's great that you have made a perfect SAK for your dad  :salute:
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this, and do you find multitools to be an essential part of your carry? Or will a folding knife do all that you need?

I own very few folding knives. Most were bought for the collection, like Opinels, or my LM Crater. I have a few little Sanrenmu folders that were purchased also for being inexpensive, small, and of good quality.
The thing is, a folding knife is just a folding knife. Here we cannot just carry a knife. There has to be a good reason for it, whatever that means. But a multi-tool or better yet a sak, that's not as weapon-y. I can justify a sak or MT much more easily than I can a knife. I carry an Olfa box cutter too, and that's still not as much of a weapon as a folder would be.
Plus, if I am away from home, the only tools I have access to are the ones I have on me. And I will not go in a restaurant or jewellery shop and ask for a screwdriver. So, my Deluxe Tinker and Rebar are coming with me.

It would be nice to carry folders here. I'd like to be able to carry a nice Delica or a RAT2, and not be paranoid and afraid it may be taken from me and I be fined for it. As it  is, the cutting tasks are handled more than adequately with the multiple blades of the mt, sak, and the Olfa.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $82.00
PayPal Fees: $5.19
Net Balance: $76.81
Below Goal: $198.19
Site Currency: USD
28% 
December Donations

Community Links