Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 03:33:26 PM »
My travel combo, small, and can travel somewhat hidden in checked luggage and has made it aboard several cruise ships.
My MICRA & Style PS

IMG_5994.jpg
* IMG_5994.jpg (Filesize: 133.45 KB)

MICRA -Easy to grip scissors, pick/file, extra small flat driver/cap lifter, several flat drivers w/Phillips, tweezers and chisel ground blade.

Style PS - blade less, small but functional pliers, tweezers (small), small scissors (good for nails), file/multiuse tip, and heavy duty cap lifter/clip .
Leatherman Tools / Re: ST 200 Owners Club
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 03:20:28 PM »
Very nice!   :like:

Leatherman Tools / Re: * Supertool Saturday *
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 03:18:27 PM »
Good Morning it’s

SuperTool Saturday

First thing today I used the ST’s (OG) awl to thread cord thru the zipper pulls of my waist bag.

IMG_5993.jpg
* IMG_5993.jpg (Filesize: 131.18 KB)

A Butane Zippo to melt the ends of the cord after they were trimmed by the Case ‘75😉
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 03:13:28 PM »
Empire and Bullnose

Leatherman Tools / Re: ST 200 Owners Club
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 03:08:41 PM »
Locks Up!

Leatherman Tools / Re: * Supertool Saturday *
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 03:06:22 PM »
Happy STS to everyone!

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 02:55:59 PM »

As much as I love the Micra, I agree about the blade.  A blade is my most-used tool too, so that's why I usually carry something with a one-hand opening blade.  I almost posted that I would like to see a Micra with a one-hand openable blade, but I realized that even if one could be made, it would be too small to be reasonably useful.  That said, here is a bonus pic - a match made in heaven.

(Image removed from quote.)

They made the now discontinued Style CS that looks like a hybrid Skeletool and Micra. I assume it didn’t sell well.

I have one as a backup if my Micra ever gives up the ghost. Seems like the screwdriver isn’t as robust though
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Alox Addict 30 Day Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by lazar on Today at 02:31:13 PM »
Day1  Let's go!!!

Lots of Alox shenanigans happening here!  I'll be carrying the limited edition Pioneer X today.  Thinking of taking it apart and adding that saw layer, acid etching with a brass wash.  Make my own limited edition Farmer X.  Should I do it?  >:D
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 02:12:26 PM »
   I still have the SAK (Climber).  It had some issues but fixed up nicely.  It is still one of my favorite knives.  Now a few words about shipping the surprise box for newcomers.
   I know at my local post office anyway you can just pick up new priority boxes off a rack.  Many people evidently neglect to pick up an adhesive label at the same time.  All free.  There are two different medium size flat rate boxes.  A long flat one (12 X 3.5 X 14.125) that opens on the end and a more square box (11.25 X 8.75 X 6) that loads from the top.  Get the last one as it is much easier to pack.  You will need some clear packing tape.  Don't use duct tape.  That covers up the code scanning areas.  Get two adhesive labels while you are at it.  Liable to mess one up and no sense going back for a label or marking something out.
    When you ship it is a good thing to take exact change.  They are short of change at my local post office at times.  No sense in waiting while they fumble for coins.  $18.40 (at least until the middle of July?) in this case.  Ship Priority Mail and make sure you use a Priority Mail box.  Do a good job of taping.  This thing is heavy.  Keep your receipt and PM the tracking number to the next recipient. 
    All this is repetitious, but some are still not doing it.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Last post by z1913 on Today at 02:08:42 PM »
Leather can be a great handle material. I'm curious as to how it works for SAK scales. That's one I'd carry, but with extra care. Nice job saving them! :tu:

Yes, I intend to carry it too - no full time shelf queens on my end (but of course some deserve extra care and special handling!)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD
 3%