Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Three Layer Thursday!
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 08:20:36 PM »
That's not a bad idea. I have a few SAKs that could use a spa day(/week/month...). Anyways, I've never actually sent a SAK for service and have always wanted to. So I guess it's time. Here's another three-layer along with its modern counterpart. Does anyone know approximately how old this guy is? There's nothing on the reverse of the blade, tang-stamp-wise.
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Buzzbait on Today at 08:14:07 PM »
Day 23: In case you’re wondering, this is how bored I am at work today. Magnifier to the rescue.

IMG_8607.jpg
* IMG_8607.jpg (Filesize: 269.8 KB)

IMG_8606.jpg
* IMG_8606.jpg (Filesize: 218.06 KB)
The Mod Squad / Re: My first victorinox spirit X mod
« Last post by madfishcat on Today at 08:06:52 PM »
Hi I’m totally fine to share. You can buy at aliex:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_opNpiiY

You should buy a set of size 11 and a set of size 16 because the plier side require longer pivot than the blades side.

:salute: :salute: :salute:
The Break Room / Re: Revived Sos Surprise Box GAW ( US edition ).
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 07:54:54 PM »
I have some (legitimate, I believe) beefs with USPS and Canada Post (and a bunch of others from just about everywhere I've lived except Post NL in The Netherlands -- they were very very good). But USPS consistently and frequently damages my books. Aside from knives, I have a collection of historical linguistics texts related to my discipline and some have been damaged in absolutely remarkable ways. This is the handbook of Old Bulgarian (Old Church Slavonic), affectionately referred to as Der Leskien in Germany. This is the ninth edition from 1969 and a fantastic used copy of it. But when it arrived there was a puncture through both boxes it was packaged in and consequently through the spine of the book(!). I was furious and I called USPS who informed me that that may have been a test done by the customs agent to test whether there were 'substances' in the spine of the text. And I just couldn't help thinking like...can't they x-ray for that instead of stabbing a book?? This started happening frequently enough in different ways that I just have them sent to my family in EU and get them to bring them to me when they come to North America. Rant over.
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by LoopCutter on Today at 07:50:04 PM »
I usually cut small bite-sized wedges from one side of the apple, through the core, across to the other side.  Smaller blades are fine with this method

Yes, if I want to subject myself to additional pain.  Can have difficulty properly grasping the MICRA  to cut as the Arthritis and nerve damage I have , no longer permits a safe grip.

Do not get old!😎
The Break Room / Re: Any EU members up for a EU GAW box ?
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 07:23:57 PM »
  One or two suggestions for you guys.  Since this box is going to be all your work, there is no reason that you should follow the rules we have on the US box.  The idea of replacing items with similar value might be a hang-up.  If you can get someone to accept shipment, keep something if they want, and put something back if they can, then ship to the next recipient that might be good enough. 
   Again, if knives are going to be a problem, there is no reason that you couldn't make it a box full of accessories.  Paracord items, sheaths, watches, pens, flashlights, or any other EDC type items.  You get to make that decision (along with all the others) by yourselves.  I would think 10 members might be enough to start the box rolling.  After it begins moving around, perhaps others will decide to join in. 
     Our rule about not saying what was in the box when you got it, and not saying what items you put back in is a good rule, I think.  Also the taking a photo and making a post of the items that each recipient kept is a good one.  Helps popularize the box and keeps people interested.  You are making a pretty good start.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on Today at 07:20:09 PM »
Lamb 🐑 and a Cowboy 🤠
Edged Tools / Re: What Traditional Knife are you toting today?
« Last post by David on Today at 07:18:32 PM »
G,Butler Lamb and a >>VOOS>

(Image removed from quote.)

Vintage goodness  8):like:

Those lambs are good looking knives, I need to pick one up. Today Im carrying my sow belly  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

Nice Sowbelly!   :like:
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by ElevenBlade on Today at 07:11:26 PM »
Day 23

A luvly 73F at high noon here today.  Enjoying the slight breeze, and an apple snack.   The CASE handled slicing as the Micra was not large enough to cleanly slice.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

The pick/file remains the most used implement on my lil tool. 😉

I usually cut small bite-sized wedges from one side of the apple, through the core, across to the other side.  Smaller blades are fine with this method
Edged Tools / Re: Case Knives
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 06:30:25 PM »
 :cheers: Congrats on your new case, let us see it when it comes in. I am glad my post could remind you that you need more Case knives  :D

I am glad they have started making carbon 75s in more handle options. Your blue 75 is a beauty though!

With so many SAKs and my SS sow belly I really have my fill of stainless knives. I need a significant correction in my carbon/SS ratio.

It seems like every model that catches my eye is not available. I had a few hours the other night where the mini copperhead with the wharncliffe had me going but alas it seems to be only in SS right now.

I went to my local dealer friend and handled a medium and large stockman, I told him if he can’t find the 47 or two blade wharncliffe mini trapper that a medium stockman would be my next choice for now. He assured me that he had put out some feelers for older releases of those models in carbon and would keep me posted. So fingers crossed that something turns up.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%