Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Edged Tools / Re: OPINELS
« Last post by Enginears on Today at 03:43:01 AM »
Thanks! :hatsoff: If the smell fades and I can make the blade open a little easier, it'll be worth it.

I started this patina with a cool pattern from some tangerines (pic in the challenge thread), and in that case the smell does fade.
For opening, it can depend alot on moisture levels. I have dripped wax into the joint and worked it, which makes the action pretty smooth as well as hopefully limiting moisture intrusion.  Some people put them in the oven on a low temp to get any moisture out.

IMG_7080-compressed.jpg
* IMG_7080-compressed.jpg (Filesize: 349.12 KB)

« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 03:39:28 AM »
The stiff blade is normal Dan.  I put a drop of olive oil at the pivot and open and close the blade a few times.  I've not done the potato trick, but have used walnut husks and black tea.  Maybe a both in black tea (blade only!) might take care of the essence de pommes  :D.  Either way, it'll go away in a short while. 
Leatherman Tools / Re: Leatherman Fuse Kydex belt sheath
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 03:06:42 AM »
  That's a great looking sheath for a Fuse.  Best wishes.  G  :cheers:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Simple but reliable tool buying advise
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 03:02:21 AM »
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

Seems like a Skeletool Cx fits what you want but a Signal might also fit the bill but it does have a few extras you may or may not care about  :think: it is also a combo blade and that may help with cutting rope over a plain edge blade (regular Skeletool also has a combo blade and same steel as what the Signal has) :cheers: plus the pliers are a bit more substantial on a Signal :cheers: just a thought but still the Skeletool or Skeletool Cx route does seem better for you :salute:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Black Oxide Friday!
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 02:58:17 AM »
Great BOF pics all :woohoo: :like: :like:

Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 02:57:19 AM »
Love all the pics, peeps :woohoo: :drool: :like: :like:
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 02:56:21 AM »
I would also note that other brands or websites for custom ones might fit as well or better but that is the only one I have apparently for a Rebar :D
« Last post by Poncho65 on Today at 02:53:39 AM »
I went and found my Clip and Carry Kydex sheath :cheers: It is for a few different size LM so not exactly for a Rebar either as it lists Wingman, Sidekick and Rev to fit as well :cheers:

It fits a Fuse just fine as well :salute: here is a size comparison for a Rebar and a Fuse :tu:

Both in the sheath and the back of the sheath as well :tu:

I was given mine and rarely ever if ever use a kydex sheath so I can't say if they hold up to use but they seem fine to me :cheers:

They are $29.00 before tax and shipping and here is where it came from :tu:

Here

Also, you have to put them in with the lock tab end for both the Rebar and Fuse or they won't hold in, otherwise they hold in great  :salute:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: What's your latest SAK?
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 02:51:56 AM »
   I think you could make something, or you could always put a strip of duct tape over the saw.  Not elegant but workable.  Peel it off when you need to cut.  Probably wind up needing the duct tape instead.  Some kind of plastic tape might even be better.  It will have to be thin.   
PXL_20240518_004343790.jpg
* PXL_20240518_004343790.jpg (Filesize: 74.34 KB)

There should have been a liner lock on these GAKs to begin with.  At least on the saw.  Best wishes.  G
 :D
« Last post by BIG-TARGET on Today at 02:50:31 AM »
Thanks! :hatsoff: If the smell fades and I can make the blade open a little easier, it'll be worth it.
If you want a really good patina, a wedge of Jarlsberg Swiss 🧀 will do nicely

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD