Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Of course.
Here is my personal one in my pocket. in a wallet with credit cards.
This is the first prototype of Universal 3.0 cerakote.
I've been wearing it for 4-5+ years now. Of course there is wear and tear.

When I took my family away from the front line from Nikolaev in the first days of the war, we opened canned food, cut sandwiches, etc.

PXL_20240513_095846453.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
* PXL_20240513_095846453.PORTRAIT~2.jpg (Filesize: 348.84 KB)

PXL_20240513_095858525.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
* PXL_20240513_095858525.PORTRAIT~2.jpg (Filesize: 286.57 KB)

Keychain and One Piece Tools / Re: MRF card multitool and EDC gear
« Last post by zoidberg on Today at 11:45:38 AM »
Have you got a pic of your personal used one?
Other important stuff:

Knots

For years I used the same couple basic knots for everything.
Worked okay for relaxed casual type fishing.
Didn't work for bigger fish though so I began learning and testing more knots.

You need patience when researching knots and focus when tying them.
Watching youtube can be very confusing as one person will wrap to the left and another to the right.
Everyone will say their knot is correct or better which may be true for them but not for you.

I test knots head to head until breaking for all the lines that I'm using.
One might be stronger on 60lb but not on 6lb or it might be harder to tie on 60lb but not on 6lb.
If two knots are similar in strength then I'll usually go with the one that is easier to tie.

Most of my setups are monofilament, here are a few of my frequently used knots.
For swivels and clips: toit, trilene/double loop clinch, uni/grinner.
For loops: lefty krey/non slip loop, rapala, perfection loop.
For joining two lines: blood, double nail, albright.
Other useful: dropper loop, nail, mono to braid.

TLDR: for mono learn the double loop clinch, uni, lefty krey and dropper loop knots.
General Tool Discussion / Re: What do we have on the way?
« Last post by matzesu on Today at 11:04:19 AM »
Tool Related:
- A Pair of Blue Non Transparent Plus Scales for my Huntsman (im going back to the Victorinox, the Swiza is cool but the Scissors par exemple are not that usefull for me)
- Blue Tweezers and Tootpick as well as an Blue Victorinox Lanyard thing, and this "Korkscrew Minitool Set"

Gaming Related:
- An EZ Flash Paralell DS Flashcard, should be the best flashcard you can get in 2024 for this Handheld, beside having at least my whole DS Games on the Card i will also use it for Emulation stuff, NES, Gameboy, GBA and the Sega Stuff until the Genesis (the DS Core of the 3DS is sadly much too slow for everything above the 32 Bit Systems, expecially Sega Saturn..)
- and an Dualpack of 32 gb Micro SD Cards, allthough i would use the Card i have allready in this Bootleg 500 in 1 Flashcard..

So i will hack my New 2DS XL sort of and my Huntsman this week ..
The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by Adam5 on Today at 11:01:17 AM »
Wordle 1,059 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Echotech on Today at 10:44:29 AM »
I just thought about how different that famous Crocodille Dundee knife scene would look like today...  :facepalm:

It would be here in Sydney that’s for sure, but isn’t in New York so hopefully no change! :dunno:

You’re not going to have a problem carrying a larger knife or fixed blade if you’re out hunting or camping or similar, it’s in the city doing basic EDC that’s the issue. Big part of the problem is the knife laws are very ambiguous
The Break Room / Re: My first northern lights show
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 10:35:03 AM »
Nice and strong one!   :cheers:
General Tool Discussion / Re: Australian Knife Laws
« Last post by Vidar on Today at 10:32:46 AM »
I just thought about how different that famous Crocodille Dundee knife scene would look like today...  :facepalm:

Keychain and One Piece Tools / MRF card multitool and EDC gear
« Last post by Andrii Gurskyi on Today at 10:21:37 AM »
Hi all

In this thread I will try to tell more about our various credit card  multitools.

http://www.mrf.tools

This is my hobby project.

We tried to separate different types of instruments in the credit card format so that it would always be at hand in your wallet. Made with the highest quality materials: 440c hardened steel and grade 5 titanium.
We also tried to place a large number of functions, with an emphasis on ease of use of the main functions for people - such as a knife, screwdriver, opener and envelope opener, bit driver.
Some tools have been changing for almost 10 years, and have gone through several iterations based on customer feedback.

Basic tools.
1. Universal version 3.0 / 4.0 - a tool for everyday carry in a wallet, it also has many additions to expand functionality.
2. Professional and Designer - a tool for architects, designers, students and schoolchildren. And also people who do carpentry, or you need to quickly measure something in the workshop.
3. Adventur - a tool for experiencing the outdoors, will help with camping, etc. It's an ax in the shape of a credit card.
4. Extreme - a card with a large set of screwdrivers and hex keys, we tried to make this tool for fans of active sports and the set was suitable for cyclists, snowboarding, skateboarding, etc.

There are also additional tools.
-Thin survival cards - Fisherman/Urban/Hunter.
-Lumberjack - a comb with a set of keys and screwdrivers (also made from hardened steel).
-Limited versions of credit card knives, with tattoos or skeletal architecture.
-Also keychains and prey bar.

I will be glad to answer questions or healthy criticism.

I understand that many people perceive credit card tools as useless things. But we tried to make the best in design and quality, and many customers appreciated them when traveling.

NVV03721-1-2.jpg
* NVV03721-1-2.jpg (Filesize: 273.7 KB)

PXL_20240423_082200813.MP~2.jpg
* PXL_20240423_082200813.MP~2.jpg (Filesize: 392.42 KB)

NVV0422398.jpg
* NVV0422398.jpg (Filesize: 146.37 KB)

NVV087912.jpg
* NVV087912.jpg (Filesize: 455.48 KB)

Backwoods Cuisine / Re: Fire, cook with me: badge request
« Last post by zoidberg on Today at 09:57:51 AM »
Don't forget to submit the badge request...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%