Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Explorer Challenge May 2024
« Last post by Jeffjeeptj on Today at 01:44:01 PM »
Wanted a clean cut on a bottle of salad dressing.

IMG_2444.jpg
* IMG_2444.jpg (Filesize: 272.24 KB)

IMG_2445.jpg
* IMG_2445.jpg (Filesize: 278.84 KB)

General Tool Discussion / Re: Simple but reliable tool buying advise
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 01:41:16 PM »
  Nothing is perfect, friend Giovanni.  If you go simple, then something might be lacking.  If you go big, then it is too big to carry comfortably.  Sometimes you think a serrated blade would be better, sometimes the opposite. 
  Looks like you have some good usable pocket tools.  I particularly like the big Wenger, I think.  I only have a few Leathermans, and mostly just play with them.  If I need a pair of pliers I just get pliers out of my toolbox. 
   Would something else be perfect?  You get to decide.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :popcorn:
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Four Layer Friday
« Last post by IMR4198 on Today at 01:28:23 PM »
   Nice Wenger.  Somebody didn't have a clue on sharpening.  The condition isn't perfect, but so what?  It looks like the front side scale is slotted for Victorinox type tweezers, or is that just a chip?  Probably not a lot of Wenger replacement scales out there.  Wenger used to advertise that they were unbreakable.  Mmmmm?  No. 
Best wishes.  G
 :tu:
Leatherman Tools / Re: MAY 2024 MICRA 30 Day Challenge
« Last post by powernoodle on Today at 01:27:21 PM »
Powernoodle Day 18

Opened a bottle of vinegar.

Gerber Tools / Re: Gerber Mr. Pinchy Multi Plier Club
« Last post by Barry Rowland on Today at 11:01:39 AM »
That's beautiful Lisa! 
I had an epiphany while eatIng breakfast. Bladeless 91mm models might mean no corkscrew or back layer Phillips, which would in turn mean a new liner and scale for that side. And the awl could likely be considered a blade. So that may be a way to get 91mm models with no back tools. If so, I'd only need to figure out how to get a spring for the blades and mod them in.

That's pretty much the 93mm line (except for the "bladeless" part).
General Tool Discussion / Re: Simple but reliable tool buying advise
« Last post by Giovanni on Today at 09:58:43 AM »
These are the two I own and you can tell the Swiss being quite a huge tool for an everyday carry, on the other hand the Skeletool is pretty but no combo blade and the other one I got, which I gave to one of my son's friend, had the coating fading which is not pretty to see and not indicator of good quality but it's a minor flaw I can live with.

Got my son the Crater one a while ago and it is a pretty little knife, bottle opener, don't remember if a combo blade, and a simple screwdriver which in my case comes handy when I need to open a can of varnish to say one, a pretty took you can always have with you when hiking without to add further weight to the bag, anything similar to that since LEatherman dismissed it?

Gadget Freak and EDC Forum / Re: Show Us Your EDC gear!!!
« Last post by Heywood Floyd on Today at 09:26:24 AM »
Hey Mr Heywood!
That Wenger wrench in your Alox SAK is outright genious!
Hola viejo amigo!

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Pics of your SAKs outside
« Last post by Vinz Clortho on Today at 09:24:52 AM »
The Break Room / Re: Who else is playing Wordle?
« Last post by AndyAaron on Today at 08:32:14 AM »
Wordle 1,064 4/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31